How about that, power cable,mains can make a difference

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188516

Don't annoy people that have set opinions might be a bit of advice to take, my suggestion only of course.
Everyone has an opinion, questioning it simple becomes tedious and promptly brings any thread to a boring conclusion....

but the video posted does seem to show differences when the mains cables are changed. i did not question his opinion !

D

Deleted member 188516

TrevC is not going to admit it even if he did, and trying to comprehend differences from a YouTube video is a waste of time as everything relies on your playback equipment.
Let's leave it there eh?

ok understood.

rainsoothe

TrevC is not going to admit it even if he did, and trying to comprehend differences from a YouTube video is a waste of time as everything relies on your playback equipment.
Let's leave it there eh?
If TrevC can choose to ignore evidence, surely he can ignore these threads, where his only contributions are meant to tick people off. But he doesn't, does he? Why doesn't he get hit with the warning stick? :p

D

Deleted member 188516

Not gonna bite! Cast your bait elsewhere please.

are you an angler or something ?!
( try the scopex squid mate !)

was just interested in what exact mains cables you have tried nothing more !

as previously stated i have tested russ andrews powerkords and clearer audio products and never heard any difference !

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 188516

If TrevC can choose to ignore evidence, surely he can ignore these threads, where his only contributions are meant to tick people off. But he doesn't, does he? Why doesn't he get hit with the warning stick? :p

there does seem some inconsistencies with this forum. glad i'm not the only one who has noticed !

Jimboo

Dude, please don't post on here wanting a big stick approach because someone lives to the beat of his own drum. Forums that are merely circle jerks are of little merit.
There is little evidence of anything in hi fi.
:) ( apparently this hides passive/ aggressive behaviour)

D

Deleted member 188516

Like ,I don't believe in fancy cables and gizmos and that is why I continually mention Russ Andrews and wonder cables , that sort of thing?

i mention russ andrews but not always in a complimentary manner !

i also pass scorn on the price of the likes of nordost odin 2...

your point is ?

D

Deleted member 188516

a remin
Great news , doesn't matter what hifi components you buy folks it's all about the power lead , plug it into the kettle , faster better tasting coffee , your microwave hunters chicken meal from the co op seems more tender , dare I say restaurant quality. Come on man.

a reminder of your first post on this thread jimboo. not a hint of sarcasm or hostility !

rainsoothe

Dude, please don't post on here wanting a big stick approach because someone lives to the beat of his own drum. Forums that are merely circle jerks are of little merit.
There is little evidence of anything in hi fi.
:) ( apparently this hides passive/ aggressive behaviour)
I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but why show a little stick to others that are just responding to the micro-aggression? Also, I wouldn't have any problem with stuff like this if it happened only between the seasoned members, who heard a system or two since they got started in this hobby. But when someone new comes here seeking for advice, they read stuff that's stated as fact which imo is really misleading and off-puting (especially when a random component thread turns into a cable debate) and might be deterred from auditioning and chosing for themselves. I mean of course, it's just a forum, nothing illegal or new about being a d**k, but not pleasant either.

D

Deleted member 188516

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, but why show a little stick to others that are just responding to the micro-aggression? Also, I wouldn't have any problem with stuff like this if it happened only between the seasoned members, who heard a system or two since they got started in this hobby. But when someone new comes here seeking for advice, they read stuff that's stated as fact which imo is really misleading and off-puting (especially when a random component thread turns into a cable debate) and might be deterred from auditioning and chosing for themselves. I mean of course, it's just a forum, nothing illegal or new about being a d**k, but not pleasant either.

+1.

Jimboo

I like you man.

D

Deleted member 108165

are you an angler or something ?!
( try the scopex squid mate !)

was just interested in what exact mains cables you have tried nothing more !

as previously stated i have tested russ andrews powerkords and clearer audio products and never heard any difference !
You seem to have very little interest in kit, you are completely consumed by your narrow minded cable agenda. There are others on here who have an equal interest in cables but they don't continually hound like you do. You are a proverbial pita.

I've stuck up for you in the past but now I'm actually considering using the "ignore" function for your posts before I find myself being banned by the mods.

Maybe it's time I took a rest from this forum anyway as it would appear the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Little wonder most of the old members have chosen not to return.

Jimboo

You seem to have very little interest in kit, you are completely consumed by your narrow minded cable agenda. There are others on here who have an equal interest in cables but they don't continually hound like you do. You are a proverbial pita.

I've stuck up for you in the past but now I'm actually considering using the "ignore" function for your posts before I find myself being banned by the mods.

Maybe it's time I took a rest from this forum anyway as it would appear the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Little wonder most of the old members have chosen not to return.
As one of the lunatics you are one of the valued posters Doug, so you know ,hang around.
The old forum had it's bad habits too Doug. All knowing seers and people who seemed to hear every make and model known to man and the uncanny ability to pronounce their merits and faults.
I have said before the written word is different than if we were sitting at the table.

D

Deleted member 188516

i would not want to see you or anybody banned but i can not control how others behave or what they choose to post.
( i can not recall you sticking up for me ?!)

my question to you was a genuine one (which you have chose to ignore which is your prerogative) and i think you will find i have started many other threads on "kit"...
(i did not start or resurrect this thread by the way...)

i really don't get why cable questions cause such a reaction (?) but it seems the "non-believers" as such are the posters who become aggressive...
(thats the reason why many of the old posters have left but that just my opinion - hope thats ok ?)

if you feel the need go ahead and activate the ignore button, but as a believer in freedom of speech, i am happy to hear and accept other people have a different point of view to me whether i agree or not !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts