Yes it does make a big difference.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Tellurium Q black speaker cables. I can confidently say this is the cable that shows that cables do make a difference. Very clean & airy cable. Now, it does make a difference, but weather am ready to live with the sound is a different question. I just got them a few days now & still waiting to see if the sound settles dwn a bit more. Not a shred of a thought, these sound far more open airy & detail than my crystal 24 speaker cables.

Still will give more time, cause finding them a bit on the lean side right now,(not bright) but they really get to the heart of the music. It may just be the case the cables are showing some weakness in my system, or they need time to settle dwn.

If you want to really get to heart of the music, try a pair out, your first reaction will be WOW.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Tellurium Q black speaker cables. I can confidently say this is the cable that shows that cables do make a difference. Very clean & airy cable. Now, it does make a difference, but weather am ready to live with the sound is a different question. I just got them a few days now & still waiting to see if the sound settles dwn a bit more. Not a shred of a thought, these sound far more open airy & detail than my crystal 24 speaker cables.

Still will give more time, cause finding them a bit on the lean side right now,(not bright) but they really get to the heart of the music. It may just be the case the cables are showing some weakness in my system, or they need time to settle dwn.

If you want to really get to heart of the music, try a pair out, your first reaction will be WOW.

Their reknowned for being lean initally but dont make the full judgement for a while yet.

My cousin bought that cable and had the exact same thought process for about 2 weeks ish then all was good and he loves the stuff now

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info. I thought as much. The Black literally throws instrument sounds into the room. What a picture of sound stage am getting right now. Like you have mentioned so much on these pages, you really need to set up properly before spending on new set of boxes.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I very nearly thought I was going to read a cables thread without dispute until you suggested their lean delivery might change as they 'settle down'. I'm not sure what electrical properties in a length of wire you think will change the more you use it and cause it to 'settle down', as you put it. I must have been off school during that physics lesson :). In reality the only thing that can possibly happen is you get used to the sound or you don't.

Other than that, excellent read, enjoy your purchase.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it as he is not sure he is keeping it.

Nothing I will say will make him keep it or return it

He will only keep it of there is a change

I cant affect that in any way

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I will add I have heard the cable brand new out of the box and then weeks later and I know what I experienced. It was crap at first, its not crap now

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
iMark said:
ellisdj said:
Let's just see if the op notices any change over time.

Of course he will now you've fed him the expectation bias.
Trust me I have tried a lot of cables & I know when I smell bull, this is for real. Weather it gets better or not I can figure that out for myself. Anyone who records in a music studio which I do, sometimes applies a setting to the wrong channel from the one intended & can hear differences which are not there. So am very much aware of expectation bias.

D

Deleted member 108165

MajorFubar said:
I very nearly thought I was going to read a cables thread without dispute until you suggested their lean delivery might change as they 'settle down'. I'm not sure what electrical properties in a length of wire you think will change the more you use it and cause it to 'settle down', as you put it. I must have been off school during that physics lesson :). In reality the only thing that can possibly happen is you get used to the sound or you don't.

Other than that, excellent read, enjoy your purchase.

Spot-on Major *biggrin* couldn't agree more.

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Native_Bon,

I've gone through the same experiences as you and I'm very happy with the TQB - they really do bring out the best of my equipment.

Enjoy.

abacus

It’s threads like this that makes pro users and the rest of the world think Hi-Fi Nuts Are Nuts, as it gives the impression that you are giving verifiable facts, (Which you are not) rather than opinions.

Best to follow the typical descriptions that the cable manufactures present these days, (Since they could not provide any evidence to the ASA that their cables made a difference) in that you believe you heard a difference. (But cannot provide any verifiable factual evidence)

Bill

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
And there you have it.

High cost cables deified in front of your eyes.

Time to change the signature David. "Have You Heard The Good News?"
I just thought it'd be a bit funny if they believed in a non physical God, but refused to believe that a physical cable could make a difference...

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
chebby said:
And there you have it.

I just thought it'd be a bit funny if they believed in a non physical God, but refused to believe that a physical cable could make a difference...

believe or not but believers belive in physical god, I believe

TrevC

lpv said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
chebby said:
And there you have it.

No, it's a supernatural god, which is a simile for imaginary and delusory.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
lpv said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
chebby said:
And there you have it.

No, it's a supernatural god, which is a simile for imaginary and delusory.

all the christian believers I know they actually believe there's a physical guy living in the sky.. no sh!t

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
No matter what is said about cables it just causes problems. I was of the intention that these were warm sounding cables (well that was my intention of buying) but I got the total opposite of very clean & open sounding cables. I never thought I would fine my self saying this, but If am a fool for believing cables make a difference count me in.

iMark

Native_bon said:
I never thought I would fine my self saying this, but If am a fool for believing cables make a difference count me in.

I don't think you're a fool. But you are obviously suffering from expectation bias. It happens with all sorts of products, not just cables. People will be adament that they can tell what is their favourtite wine/breakfast cereal/baked beans in a blind taste test. And then another product will taste better in the taste test or they don't even recognize their 'favourite' brand.

An extra problem with cables is the price of them. Your mind just wants the more expensive cables to sound better and therefore will send signals to tell you that these bloody expensive cables do sound 'better', 'more open' etc. Properly produced cables can't add anything. Badly produced cables however will deteriote the signal in the analogue domain.

Remember that you can't say anything meaningful about cables (or any other HiFi component) without a bilnd ABX test. It's no good if you're going set up the system yourself. It needs to be in a blind setup.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
iMark said:
Native_bon said:
I never thought I would fine my self saying this, but If am a fool for believing cables make a difference count me in.

I don't think you're a fool. But you are obviously suffering from expectation bias. It happens with all sorts of products, not just cables. People will be adament that they can tell what is their favourtite wine/breakfast cereal/baked beans in a blind taste test. And then another product will taste better in the taste test or they don't even recognize their 'favourite' brand.

An extra problem with cables is the price of them. Your mind just wants the more expensive cables to sound better and therefore will send signals to tell you that these bloody expensive cables do sound 'better', 'more open' etc. Properly produced cables can't add anything. Badly produced cables however will deteriote the signal in the analogue domain.

Remember that you can't say anything meaningful about cables (or any other HiFi component) without a bilnd ABX test. It's no good if you're going set up the system yourself. It needs to be in a blind setup.
I use to think like you. Just to be sure just now, I put in my old cables & they sound just like they sounded. Then here comes the black again, man talk about the difference is clear is an understatement. Like I stated in an earlier post I was expecting a warm sound from the blacks & that never happened. Should expectation bais not make the black sound warm to my ears? Think about it.

I have tried many cables but never really sure weather they made a difference or not. Actually I always thought I wasted my money. Well, I may have wasted my money in this case cause not sure if I like the sound. A difference for sure it makes. I don't need to justify it makes a difference if am more likely to return them.

I even tired the black in my second system(Quad Vena & Q acoustics 3050) same result.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Native_bon said:
I use to think like you. Just to be sure just now, I put in my old cables & they sound just like they sounded. Then here comes the black again, man talk about the difference is clear is an understatement. Like I stated in an earlier post I was expecting a warm sound from the blacks & that never happened. Should expectation bais not make the black sound warm to my ears? Think about it.

I have tried many cables but never really sure weather they made a difference or not. Actually I always thought I wasted my money. Well, I may have wasted my money in this case cause not sure if I like the sound. A difference for sure it makes. I don't need to justify it makes a difference if am more likely to return them.

I even tired the black in my second system(Quad Vena & Q acoustics 3050) same result.

Don't worry N_b, as a fellow Audiophool, I have heard the TQ Black and (imo) it's as you have described.

I think I'm right in saying, that every single person on here, who has bothered to try this cable, noticed a change in sound (and all gave similar descriptions). Most liked it, some didn't and one didn't think it was worth the premium. This is certainly not proof, but is strong anecdodal evidence.

At least we are not alone.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Native_bon said:

Don't worry N_b, as a fellow Audiophool, I have heard the TQ Black and (imo) it's as you have described.

I think I'm right in saying, that every single person on here, who has bothered to try this cable, noticed a change in sound (and all gave similar descriptions). Most liked it, some didn't and one didn't think it was worth the premium. This is certainly not proof, but is strong anecdodal evidence.

At least we are not alone.
*good*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts