AVI ADM 9.1 has arrived!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I wish those active PMCs looked a bit sexier
emotion-2.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Are any of the domestic range actie tho?

Sorry, ive had a look at the site, but im still unclear. In my last post i was of course assuming the answer is no...

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Only the pro range are active.You can buy amp packs for the passive range but that doesn't make them active speakers.In the past ive made my own active speakers which is easy if you want to try.The first ones i made i used my old mission 760 se speakers and just cut the internal wires where they connect to the xover and solder them direct to the terminals.You need a active xover a preamp and 2 stereo power amps or 4 mono blocks.The preamp feeds the xover then that feeds the power amps which then feed the speaker drivers direct.This worked well so i then built a full range floorstander the same.You can use a cheap car active x over no need to pay much.

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
A

Anonymous

Hey,

I'm thinking of copying your setup (Mac mini + high quality DAC + Opals). How do you like it? I'm also looking at (from cheap to expensive)

- AVI ADM 9.1

- Focal SM9

- Barefoot MM27

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts