AVI ADM 9RS Mini Review

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
techboy said:
Thank You so much Steve.

How do your Neutrons compare to the Genelecs in terms of the mid range, transparency etc?

The Genelec's have better clarity and imaging than the Neutron 2.1 system. Although the gap between them is smaller than I would have expected considering the huge price difference. I'd say the Neutron 2.1 has around 95% of the sound quality of the Genelecs. But then I think that the Neutron 2.1 system sounds almost as good as the old ADM9T's dispite having passive crossovers.

My Westone earphones are an exellent quality benchmark which few speakers can match. The Neutrons come closer than most but still fall a little short. The old ADM9T's are about on a par (I haven't heard the new ADM9RS versions) and the Genelec 8260a are one of only a small handful of speakers that I've heard which have better clarity than the Westones.

The Westone's have better bass than any speaker that I've ever heard though. It's goes so deep and is perfectly controlled.

John Duncan

fr0g said:
Someone posts review, it is instantly and childishly jumped on.

A review that appeared to have been copied and pasted from a number of posts on another forum. Looked like a lot of effort to go to just to post it on here.

As for it being childish, other forum moderation styles are available.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
fr0g said:

A review that appeared to have been copied and pasted from a number of posts on another forum. Looked like a lot of effort to go to just to post it on here.

I know, and it wasnt a personal dig, but posting one's review in multiple places is fairly normal. So instantly taking the tin-foil hat stance seems rather , erm silly.

I just want to see people taken at face value, rather than being unfairly ostracized. That goes for all forums. If that makes me a pita on both sides... so be it.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
fr0g said:
Ajani said:
This post nicely summed up the situation.

Until all of us grow up (that includes both AVI Disciples and AVI Haters) we will always have these pointless b&%$^fests about AVI.

Everybody is the "innocent victim" and it's all the fault of the other side... PLEASE!!!!

At this stage it doesn't even matter who started it, both sides are now equally guilty of provoking this pointless conflict.

If you take a look from the top of this thread, that is patently not true.

I have never had the testicular fortitude to point this out, good on you.

John Duncan

fr0g said:
John Duncan said:
fr0g said:

I know, and it wasnt a personal dig, but posting one's review in multiple places is fairly normal. So instantly taking the tin-foil hat stance seems rather , erm silly.

I just want to see people taken at face value, rather than being unfairly ostracized. That goes for all forums. If that makes me a pita on both sides... so be it.

John Duncan

fr0g said:
John Duncan said:
fr0g said:

I did take it at face value. And that was that it had been constructed from three separate posts on another forum. Now let me ask you a few questions:

1) does AVI actively solicit user reviews to its website?
2) has the AVI forum ever discussed (in private) means of carpet bombing this very forum with positive views of that company's products?
3) do 2 and 2 make 4?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
fr0g said:
John Duncan said:
fr0g said:

I did take it at face value. And that was that it had been constructed from three separate posts on another forum. Now let me ask you a few questions: 1) does AVI actively solicit user reviews to its website? 2) has the AVI forum ever discussed (in private) means of carpet bombing this very forum with positive views of that company's products? 3) do 2 and 2 make 4?

So any review of an AVI product is part of some co-ordinated attack?

John Duncan

Sometimes that's exactly what product reviews are, yes:

www.whathifi.com/forum/turntables-and-lps/vinyl-record-cleaning-fluid-machine?page=page=1#comment-2901103

If they've been copied and pasted from a forum which seems to conspire to do it, even more so.

I could go all moderatory and stop any discussion of topics likely to cause a fight, how would that be? I could also enforce house rule 15 rather more rigidly if you like.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, just slightly rewriting and more strongly enforcin the completely ignored rule 13 might help, too.

EDIT Incidentally, nowhere have I contravened rule 15, though believe you have provided links to the other place.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Really, they have. People have either got the point and don't need to hear it again or they haven't but never will.

So let's run with that (notwithstanding your being wrong). If it applies to me, who else does it apply to? Yep. And what is the logical conclusion?

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:
fr0g said:
Ajani said:
This post nicely summed up the situation.

Until all of us grow up (that includes both AVI Disciples and AVI Haters) we will always have these pointless b&%$^fests about AVI.

Everybody is the "innocent victim" and it's all the fault of the other side... PLEASE!!!!

At this stage it doesn't even matter who started it, both sides are now equally guilty of provoking this pointless conflict.

If you take a look from the top of this thread, that is patently not true.

I have never had the testicular fortitude to point this out, good on you.

And that is why these arguments can only end with strong action from the moderators...

Both sides still refuse to accept any responsibility...

We are to believe that AVI is a helpless victim and these threads are just firebombed for no reason... So AVI fans and owners have not done anything to deserve the hostility they receive? Somehow AVI and only AVI is subject to constant abuse and discrimination on this forum?

If the review was about KEF or Monitor Audio or ATC, hardly anyone would care, but AVI and it's Holy War... Why is that? Did the forum members and mods just decide to hate on AVI one day for no reason?

I can understand liking AVI products, but I never get why people pretend as if the brand has done nothing to deserve the hostility it receives....

arashid

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
the brits need to understand is that AVI is a BRITISH company.

there is no need to crap on a british company on a GLOBAL website.

If AVI closes and ceases production. Who loses?

Everyone.

If you don't like, don't buy.

Let ashley advertise as much as he wants to.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Alec said:
BenLaw said:
Really, they have. People have either got the point and don't need to hear it again or they haven't but never will.

So let's run with that (notwithstanding your being wrong). If it applies to me, who else does it apply to? Yep. And what is the logical conclusion?

I think you should bring your crusading zeal to something that actually matters.

JMacMan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
arashid said:
the brits need to understand is that AVI is a BRITISH company.

there is no need to crap on a british company on a GLOBAL website.

If AVI closes and ceases production. Who loses?

Everyone.

If you don't like, don't buy.

Let ashley advertise as much as he wants to.

The internet is global, and indeed AVI does market around the world via the internet.

I'm in Australia, and there is even a sales rep/distributor for the product here, albeit my request to hear the product when I was in the market for new speakers almost a year ago now, went unanwered.

AJ is free to advertise the product however he wishes, and indeed I think the product itself likely to be very good.

However, when it comes to publicly denigrating other brands and/or technologies, and publicly ridiculing anyone who dares question his highly opinionated views, I think most reasonable and fair minded people tend to draw a line at that sort of behaviour.

JMac

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
JMacMan said:
However, when it comes to publicly denigrating other brands and/or technologies, and publicly ridiculing anyone who dares question his highly opinionated views, I think most reasonable and fair minded people tend to draw a line at that sort of behaviour.

I think most reasonable and fair minded people would not have used this thread to get involved in yet another petty spat. Most of the commentators seem intelligent and articulate, yet continue to behave in such an embarassingly puerile manner. It's attention seeking of the worst kind.

Grow up people and move on.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Alec said:
BenLaw said:

I think you should bring your crusading zeal to something that actually matters.

I'm not at all sure whatthis really means, but it doesn't answer the question.

TRENDING THREADS