Panasonic ZT60 (now ZT65)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

MODS – Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B review now online!

Does look flipping good!

http://www.viewdone.com/panasonic-zt60-review-2013-full-hd-plasma-tv/

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2013/01/12/ces-2013-panasonic-2013-zt60-vs-2012-vt50

Forget Kuro black levels these are more like OLED level! 8)

D

Deleted member 2457

This looks pretty cool too

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jv3xa2cpywo

Does look picture like!

D

Deleted member 2457

Do you think this will be available in 50 inches? :?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Probably. Have to wait for UK press release.

I really hope they do, otherwise at 50 inches there will not be much improvement! Pretty sure the VT60 is the same panel as the VT50! The ZT60 will definitely move it on again, but if it was only available in 60 inches that would be a massive disappointment.

D

Deleted member 2457

There is no way I could ever buy a 60 inch TV at present.

D

Deleted member 2457

It just looks awesome!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4QIk608hwg

D

Deleted member 2457

So it will be available in two sizes, hopefully that is a good sign.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p60zt60/4505-6482_7-35567247.html

Please be 50 and 60 inches here. :pray:

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Do you think this will be available in 50 inches? :?

gel said:
There is no way I could ever buy a 60 inch TV at present.

gel said:
Please be 50 and 60 inches here. :pray:

bigboss said:
I does look nice indeed! I suspect, the sizes will be 55 & 65 inches for UK.

Sorry gel, if Mrs gel won't allow you to buy a 60" TV you are out of luck. It does say, under "Product Overview", in the very first link that you yourself gave, the viewdone one, that the ZT60 will be in 60" and 65" sizes for both the US and UK markets.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
According to the Cnet video in your first link, the two sizes are 60" and 65". I'm guessing it wouldn't make financial sense to manufacture different size ZT60 panels for different markets. If these are the only two sizes available, expect to pay upwards of £3,000.

They do look extremely nice, but I wonder if there's a market for such an expensive high end plasma TV with more affordable OLED TVs on the horizon?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
strapped for cash said:
I wonder if there's a market for such an expensive high end plasma TV with more affordable OLED TVs on the horizon?

I'm not sure about the affordable bit.

I did say on the horizon. Within three years I think OLED TVs at similar screen sizes will be available for similar prices to ZT60 (of course there's an element of speculation here, but that doesn't seem too unrealistic). Only die hard enthusiasts with holes in their pockets upgrade their TVs every few years. More circumspect buyers will likely hold out for an OLED TV a little further down the line.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys. Ah! Don't believe they have done that! It is like they have copied Sharp with the Elite TVs only being 60 inch plus! Not sure whether I will like the VT60 and the ZT60 definitely sounds another step up again, and it has a brighter screen. That is just great, why Panasonic?

D

Deleted member 2457

You know what guys, I really don't think the VT60 is going to be available in 50 inches either! Is that seriously the case?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Consider this a blessing in disguise.

You've got a TV you love. Enjoy it! Any money put aside for another upgrade could be saved or spent elsewhere. Maybe on a holiday, or an Oppo 103... :grin:

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Consider this a blessing in disguise.

You've got a TV you love. Enjoy it! Any money put aside for another upgrade could be saved or spent elsewhere. Maybe on a holiday, or an Oppo 103... :grin:

Holiday for sure.
smiley-laughing.gif
Plasma might as well be dead then! If they can't do them in 50 inches any longer - ah!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I am very interested in one of these - depending on reviews and price and how it compares to my exisiting Kuro - in essence it shoud be the perfect 1080p display Panasonic have had 4 - 5 years past the Kuro now to bring out the perfect plasma

Pretty much every review I have read of Pioneer plasmas they have been excellent but they have never seemed to get it perfect / flawless, floating blacks, light output issues, other oddities - I dont remember reading 1 HDTV Test review where the display gets a reference status.

People say the Kuros dont give out the most detail - however I think to get the best from them they obviously have to be calibrated and I wonder how many people have seen a calibrated set before making that staement. The other thing is they need the quality source which I think Blurays are only just getting good enough to see the panels full capabilities all these years on from its manufacture.

I hope the ZT is just a panel with nothing else in - not tuners, smart crap etc, dont even want sound - just a pure perfect picture, with perfect movement that calibrates to reference perfection

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
UNPUBLISHED BY MODS - DUPLICATE

I am very interested in one of these - depending on reviews and price and how it compares to my exisiting Kuro - in essence it shoud be the perfect 1080p display Panasonic have had 4 - 5 years past the Kuro now to bring out the perfect plasma

Pretty much every review I have read of Pioneer plasmas they have been excellent but they have never seemed to get it perfect / flawless, floating blacks, light output issues, other oddities - I dont remember reading 1 HDTV Test review where the display gets a reference status.

People say the Kuros dont give out the most detail - however I think to get the best from them they obviously have to be calibrated and I wonder how many people have seen a calibrated set before making that staement. The other thing is they need the quality source which I think Blurays are only just getting good enough to see the panels full capabilities all these years on from its manufacture.

I hope the ZT is just a panel with nothing else in - not tuners, smart crap etc, dont even want sound - just a pure perfect picture, with perfect movement that calibrates to reference perfection

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Panasonic should start by enabling full calibration on optimum picture presets with its high end models.

Panasonic's "beyond reference" claims and the links posted in this thread indicate that the Kuro has been unquestionably dethroned in terms of black level. If the ZT60 allows reference greyscale tracking and colour reproduction, as well as perfect screen uniformity, it should be a phenomenal TV.

mattmeer

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The ZT60 will have a screen with input for a pen. Yes you can write on it with a special pen. And the ZT60 will allow for a wider color gamut which isn't being used by bluray's. How useless, and somehow I think this model will have a much steeper price than the already expensive VT series... The last Z model had a wireless tunerbox to send pictures wireless to the screen and was alot more expensive than the V series... I hope the VT60 will have similar picture qualities compared to the ZT60 but without the fancy pen input and wider colorgamut, but probably not

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Panasonic should start by enabling full calibration on optimum picture presets with its high end models.

Panasonic's "beyond reference" claims and the links posted in this thread indicate that the Kuro has been unquestionably dethroned in terms of black level. If the ZT60 allows reference greyscale tracking and colour reproduction, as well as perfect screen uniformity, it should be a phenomenal TV.

Agreed. This will definitely be the next step on from the Kuro.

D

Deleted member 2457

I suppose if this did not weigh more than 30kg it might be possible

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P55VT60

Probably going to wait and see what they now announce for next year now, before possibly buying a back up.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
mattmeer said:
The ZT60 will have a screen with input for a pen. Yes you can write on it with a special pen. And the ZT60 will allow for a wider color gamut which isn't being used by bluray's. How useless, and somehow I think this model will have a much steeper price than the already expensive VT series... The last Z model had a wireless tunerbox to send pictures wireless to the screen and was alot more expensive than the V series... I hope the VT60 will have similar picture qualities compared to the ZT60 but without the fancy pen input and wider colorgamut, but probably not

I agree that the ZT60 has some useless, gimmick features that may excite a few gullible consumers. However, that doesn't negate any improvements in picture performance the TV may offer. Look past the light pen and focus instead on potentially Kuro-trouncing black levels and dynamic contrast.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts