Today - What Hi-Fi and AVForums reviews of the Panasonic 65CZ952B 4K OLED

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Son_of_SJ said:
A price match of what against what, exactly?

Gel's found the lowest UK Panny OLED price and he'd like John Lewis to match it.
Nope, a trade of my Oled plus the Panasonic Oled £6250. I am thinking no though.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
shagger said:
hes not getting one, the usual craving attention

How friendly and inviting for your first post.

Assuming your name is in any way accurate, I'm guessing your bedroom skills exceed your wit, charm and comprehension of the rules of English language.

Or maybe crowing about sexual prowess and being deliberately provocative constitues its own form of attention seeking.

D

Deleted member 2457

shagger said:
gel said:
strapped for cash said:
Son_of_SJ said:

Gel's found the lowest UK Panny OLED price and he'd like John Lewis to match it.
Nope, a trade of my Oled plus the Panasonic Oled £6250. I am thinking no though.
hes not getting one, the usual craving attention
Who asked you?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
strapped for cash said:
Son_of_SJ said:

Surely gel, you mean a trade of your existing OLED plus £6250 to get the Panasonic OLED? But even if you had the £6250, you should look at all the shiny new televisions at CES 2016 before deciding, and wait for the new prices to fall. I don't have the money for any of the new sets, but only three interest me (all 75" or so): Sony KD-75XD9405, Sony KD-75XD8505, LG Signature 77 inch OLED G6. Of those, only the middle one will be anything like affordable, even if my finances improve. But, since my money that I was waiting for has come through, within a month I'll be getting the Sony KD-75W855C. Only Full HD, not 4K, but hey, if it's good enough for Ms Clare Newsome it's good enough for me! And it's not as if I actually NEED another television! So, when I get the Sony KD-75W855C, that will do me for a while.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
strapped for cash said:
Son_of_SJ said:

Surely gel, you mean a trade of your existing OLED plus £6250 to get the Panasonic OLED? But even if you had the £6250, you should look at all the shiny new televisions at CES 2016 before deciding, and wait for the new prices to fall. I don't have the money for any of the new sets, but only three interest me (all 75" or so): Sony KD-75XD9405, Sony KD-75XD8505, LG Signature 77 inch OLED G6. Of those, only the middle one will be anything like affordable, even if my finances improve. But, since my money that I was waiting for has come through, within a month I'll be getting the Sony KD-75W855C. Only Full HD, not 4K, but hey, if it's good enough for Ms Clare Newsome it's good enough for me! And it's not as if I actually NEED another television! So, when I get the Sony KD-75W855C, that will do me for a while.
Yep, I looked at the new LG OLED TVs but the table top stand doesn't fit our stand. So that's what got me thinking about the Panasonic and the new LG OLED TVs aren't going to be cheap. So I have decided to wait and see what Panasonic bring out next. Unless I can find a really good deal in the meantime.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Yep, I looked at the new LG OLED TVs but the table top stand doesn't fit our stand.

There are many things that I don't understand about you, gel, but this inexplicable attachment to a TV stand is the most bizzare of all. Why won't you just buy a new stand???

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
The Panasonic oled is already out of date if you look at the comparison chart on the other forum..

Yeah, certainly it's not looking like a good way to spend almost 8 grand now, even if it's been discounted to £7,750 in several places.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Yep, I looked at the new LG OLED TVs but the table top stand doesn't fit our stand.

There are many things that I don't understand about you, gel, but this inexplicable attachment to a TV stand is the most bizzare of all. Why won't you just buy a new stand???
There isn't one.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
There isn't one.

Do you mean there's no stand available that meets your requirements?

If so, what would you need from a stand?

How big a stand will your living room take?

What kit would you need a new stand to accommodate?

It took me months to find an appropriate stand for my AV kit, but I found the solution eventually.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

There isn't one.

Absolute nonsense. Some time ago on another thread Bigboss gave you a link to where you could get a custom-made stand, but you don't seem to want to do that. Or, you could buy one from Currys, see here for their largest stands, for televisions of 56 inches and above http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/tv-accessories/tv-stands/302_3012_30012_xx_ba00005487-bv00309520/xx-criteria.html Costco do really wide stands also. Or you could continue to limit any future television purchase by your imagined limitations of your existing stand, bearing in mind that I have the same Optimum AV300 stand as you do and my Panasonic 65VT65 plasma, weighing 52 kg, sits very happily on it. I give up.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

There isn't one.

Absolute nonsense. Some time ago on another thread Bigboss gave you a link to where you could get a custom-made stand, but you don't seem to want to do that. Or, you could buy one from Currys, see here for their largest stands, for televisions of 56 inches and above http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/tv-accessories/tv-stands/302_3012_30012_xx_ba00005487-bv00309520/xx-criteria.html Costco do really wide stands also. Or you could continue to limit any future television purchase by your imagined limitations of your existing stand, bearing in mind that I have the same Optimum AV300 stand as you do and my Panasonic 65VT65 plasma, weighing 52 kg, sits very happily on it. I give up.

maybe he is reluctant to part money for something that isn't electrical. like i would of liked a bigger stand. but its hard to justify spending money on it when the one you have "works"

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
gel said:
There isn't one.

Do you mean there's no stand available that meets your requirements?

If so, what would you need from a stand?

How big a stand will your living room take?

What kit would you need a new stand to accommodate?

It took me months to find an appropriate stand for my AV kit, but I found the solution eventually.
Yep, I have tried to find other ones but there is none. 3 shelves which are very big both width and height. My amp and centre speaker. My centre speaker is massive which is the problem.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

There isn't one.

None of them work and one stand cost £1400 from memory! Your Panasonic has a small table top stand these new LG Oled TVs go the width of the 65-inch TV.

Thanks for the link but none of them work.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
The Panasonic oled is already out of date if you look at the comparison chart on the other forum..
Yep, cheers mate.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Yep, I have tried to find other ones but there is none. 3 shelves which are very big both width and height. My amp and centre speaker. My centre speaker is massive which is the problem.

I had the same problem.

I needed a stand/rack/cabinet that could house a receiver, BDP, PS3, CDP and full size B&W centre speaker. I also wanted a cabinet that was wider than my TV (I've got about 15cm space either side).

In the end I bought a BLOK (now Audinni) solid oak cabinet with plenty of internal space, six shelves and a vertical housing for the centre speaker covered with acoustically transparent fabric.

Siting the centre speaker vertically works perfectly well (it's angled slighly upward on rubber feet). It sounds exactly the same as when I had the centre placed horizontally.

It looks neat, too. With the cabinet doors closed the equipment is out of sight, with lots of ventilation. The remote operates through the doors and there's cable management throughout.

I spent months trying to find the right cabinet. I bought it directly from BLOK (via their eBay account). I can't remember exactly how much I paid. I think just the right side of £500.

You could look for something similar.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Simply wall mount your TV and place the speaker on the top shelf of your TV stand. Simples. :)

Wait for 2016 TV prices to fall gel.
The walls won't take the weight and I have nowhere to fit it. Yep, I will wait now. Proabably going to be next year if I want a flagship though.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
gel said:

I had the same problem.

I needed a stand/rack/cabinet that could house a receiver, BDP, PS3, CDP and full size B&W centre speaker. I also wanted a cabinet that was wider than my TV (I've got about 15cm space either side).

In the end I bought a BLOK (now Audinni) solid oak cabinet with plenty of internal space, six shelves and a vertical housing for the centre speaker covered with acoustically transparent fabric.

Siting the centre speaker vertically works perfectly well (it's angled slighly upward on rubber feet). It sounds exactly the same as when I had the centre placed horizontally.

It looks neat, too. With the cabinet doors closed the equipment is out of sight, with lots of ventilation. The remote operates through the doors and there's cable management throughout.

I spent months trying to find the right cabinet. I bought it directly from BLOK (via their eBay account). I can't remember exactly how much I paid. I think just the right side of £500.

You could look for something similar.
Yep, I did the same and then found Optimum stands. Thanks for the link and advice, I can't seem to find one on their website though? The stand has basically just got to be like my Optimum AV300 but wider. But it doesn't seem worth it just for an LG flagship this year, Panasonic might bring something out that's perfect. I think I will have just have to wait and see what comes out in the future. I am not too fussed about nits of the TV. I reckon the difference will only be minimum anyway, do you think?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts