Panasonic 65CZ952 4K OLED going cheap

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
I had a demo of this TV yesterday while purchasing another item in a private sale and I have to say wow! I can't believe Gel sold it and wasn't happy with it! It had been ISF calibrated as well and looked stunning on both 4K and regular Blu Ray. Having said that, the owner is returning it and exchanging it for an LG G6 because he wants to try Dolby Vision which the Panasonic doesn't do.
Does he have a separate sound system? I'm curious to know why G6 instead of E6.

Yes, he had a Pioneer Susano amp (something I've been looking for for the past 5 years), and a B&W 6.1 speaker system, and it sounded amazing. I'm not sure about why the G6 rather than the E6, it is an exchange for the Panasonic so maybe that is closer in price. John Lewis don't stock the Panasonic any more (so I was told). I guess with the G6 you could use the TV speaker for watching the news or SD channels and save the home cinema system for movies or programs broadcast in dolby digital.
Yesterday I was searching for a Susano (in dream land a bit) but no luck. Should've bought that one from Frank Harvey!

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
I had a demo of this TV yesterday while purchasing another item in a private sale and I have to say wow!  I can't believe Gel sold it and wasn't happy with it!  It had been ISF calibrated as well and looked stunning on both 4K and regular Blu Ray. Having said that, the owner is returning it and exchanging it for an LG G6 because he wants to try Dolby Vision which the Panasonic doesn't do.

Yes, he had a Pioneer Susano amp (something I've been looking for for the past 5 years), and a B&W 6.1 speaker system, and it sounded amazing.  I'm not sure about why the G6 rather than the E6, it is an exchange for the Panasonic so maybe that is closer in price.  John Lewis don't stock the Panasonic any more (so I was told).  I guess with the G6 you could use the TV speaker for watching the news or SD channels and save the home cinema system for movies or programs broadcast in dolby digital.
Yesterday I was searching for a Susano (in dream land a bit) but no luck.  Should've bought that one from Frank Harvey!
Calm down gel.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
I had a demo of this TV yesterday while purchasing another item in a private sale and I have to say wow! I can't believe Gel sold it and wasn't happy with it! It had been ISF calibrated as well and looked stunning on both 4K and regular Blu Ray. Having said that, the owner is returning it and exchanging it for an LG G6 because he wants to try Dolby Vision which the Panasonic doesn't do.

Yes, he had a Pioneer Susano amp (something I've been looking for for the past 5 years), and a B&W 6.1 speaker system, and it sounded amazing. I'm not sure about why the G6 rather than the E6, it is an exchange for the Panasonic so maybe that is closer in price. John Lewis don't stock the Panasonic any more (so I was told). I guess with the G6 you could use the TV speaker for watching the news or SD channels and save the home cinema system for movies or programs broadcast in dolby digital.
Yesterday I was searching for a Susano (in dream land a bit) but no luck. Should've bought that one from Frank Harvey!
Calm down gel.
regular_smile.gif
That would've been a hell of an amp to own!

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

it was £2500 I think ex display?

it doesn't accept a 4K signal or 3D and obviously no Atmos/DTS:X etc but if you're not bothered about bells and whistles it's still a great amp, he has no intention of selling it!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

it doesn't accept a 4K signal or 3D and obviously no Atmos/DTS:X etc but if you're not bothered about bells and whistles it's still a great amp, he has no intention of selling it!
Is that The Limey?

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Is that The Limey?

Yes.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Is that The Limey?

Yes.
Which B&W speakers has he got (hope you don't mind me asking)? He has the Pioneer bdp-lx88 too, was that any good? Cheers.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Is that The Limey?

Yes.
Which B&W speakers has he got (hope you don't mind me asking)? He has the Pioneer bdp-lx88 too, was that any good? Cheers.

i forget the model, it was a 1000W B&W subwoofer, B&W rears (small bookshelf types) and JBL floor standers at front. He used the Panasonic 4K player for the demo but I asked about the 88 and he said it was good, especially for upscaling to 4K.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Is that The Limey?

Yes.

i forget the model, it was a 1000W B&W subwoofer, B&W rears (small bookshelf types) and JBL floor standers at front. He used the Panasonic 4K player for the demo but I asked about the 88 and he said it was good, especially for upscaling to 4K.
Cheers! Is he your mate then? How comes you had the demo? Ta

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Is that The Limey?

Yes.

not prepared to discuss it further Gel as no, I don't really know him and I only intended to post my impressions of the TV!

gel said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Calm down gel.

I don't think your speakers are revealing enough for you to notice any difference.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
not prepared to discuss it further Gel as no, I don't really know him and I only intended to post my impressions of the TV!

I'm glad you shared your impressions with us, buzz_lightclick. I've only spent about 12 minutes with the Panasonic OLED at Richer Sounds. Now that it has dropped in price substantially, might you be tempted with it, funds permitting?

buzz_lightclick

Son_of_SJ said:
buzz_lightclick said:

I'm glad you shared your impressions with us, buzz_lightclick. I've only spent about 12 minutes with the Panasonic OLED at Richer Sounds. Now that it has dropped in price substantially, might you be tempted with it, funds permitting?

Well it's a lot better than my Pioneer and it would be definitely one to consider. But it is 2 generations old now and lacks the features of the E6/G6. I've only seen those two in John Lewis though, with a demo loop on screen, so difficult to compare, but the calibrated Panasonic OLED was very impressive.

buzz_lightclick said:
Son_of_SJ said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Well it's a lot better than my Pioneer and it would be definitely one to consider. But it is 2 generations old now and lacks the features of the E6/G6. I've only seen those two in John Lewis though, with a demo loop on screen, so difficult to compare, but the calibrated Panasonic OLED was very impressive.

Panasonic OLED is 1 generation old, not 2 (released in November 2015 if I remember correctly).

buzz_lightclick

bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Son_of_SJ said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Panasonic OLED is 1 generation old, not 2 (released in November 2015 if I remember correctly).

Well he said the G6 was 2 generations newer tech, maybe he was wrong, i don't know!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:

buzz_lightclick said:

bigboss said:

According to the HDTVtest website, the Panasonic OLED was announced at IFA on 2nd September 2015. They reviewed it on 4th January only this year, but yes, buzz_lightclick, with all that has been happening in the top-end TV world somehow the Panasonic OLED seems older than its single generation!

buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Son_of_SJ said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Well he said the G6 was 2 generations newer tech, maybe he was wrong, i don't know!

Yes, he is wrong. LG has released only the E6 / G6 range since release of the Panasolic OLED. As Son_of_SJ rightly says, with so much happening in tech currently, it seems more than 1 generation old.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Calm down gel.

I don't think your speakers are revealing enough for you to notice any difference.
I demoed it once with my speakers but only on low volume, so I couldn't really tell. That was at Technosound which has now closed.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:

Is that The Limey?

Yes.

Ah okay, no probs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts