Panasonic 65CZ952 4K OLED going cheap

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Currys are out of stock at the moment so no doubt Richer Sounds will up their price like last time!

Out of stock of what, gel?
The Panasonic - which was who Richer Sounds were price matching.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
£5,499 and it's been calibrated, but I wonder for which environment? Dim or completely dark? If the environment when it was calibrated doesn't match the environment of the buyer, the calibration might have to be redone.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
£5,499 and it's been calibrated, but I wonder for which environment? Dim or completely dark? If the environment when it was calibrated doesn't match the environment of the buyer, the calibration might have to be redone.
Don't know.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
7 year warranty too.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
"Out of date" is a bit harsh, it was released less than a year ago, in September 2015 I think, at £8K .... And every single review said that it was the best television ever. I know that things move on, specifically the new HDR specifications, but the Panasonic OLED hasn't become a bad television overnight!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Why is it out of date and why would it have to be recalibrated?

it was out last year, so,it's out of date compared to the latest TVs out now.

I do not understand what the problem is, it's out of date that's it.!!!!!!!

my Denon x6200 is now out of date because there is a new model coming out soon! So, it's out of date!

i didn't day it needed re-calibrating too!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It has all the tech of todays TV's except Dolby Vision.

Out of date in my mind would be missing something big like HDR - but the Panny doesnt it has it.

Its last years model but its not out of date I think that's wrong description series one mate Its a lot of money for last years model.

But even think about that, its one year old thats all and your getting it for half price is that a bad deal. Or you can buy something in the current years range for more and be "up to date" for a few months??

Considering that the LG E6 is the current best in class and available for the same as, or less than the Panasonic, I would go for the LG. This year's OLED panels have addressed few issues of the previous generation, which even the Panasonic would suffer from.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/oled55e6-201604274285.htm

Dolby Vision and higher peak brightness is a bonus.

buzz_lightclick

I had a demo of this TV yesterday while purchasing another item in a private sale and I have to say wow! I can't believe Gel sold it and wasn't happy with it! It had been ISF calibrated as well and looked stunning on both 4K and regular Blu Ray. Having said that, the owner is returning it and exchanging it for an LG G6 because he wants to try Dolby Vision which the Panasonic doesn't do.

buzz_lightclick said:
I had a demo of this TV yesterday while purchasing another item in a private sale and I have to say wow!  I can't believe Gel sold it and wasn't happy with it!  It had been ISF calibrated as well and looked stunning on both 4K and regular Blu Ray. Having said that, the owner is returning it and exchanging it for an LG G6 because he wants to try Dolby Vision which the Panasonic doesn't do.
Does he have a separate sound system? I'm curious to know why G6 instead of E6.

buzz_lightclick

bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
I had a demo of this TV yesterday while purchasing another item in a private sale and I have to say wow! I can't believe Gel sold it and wasn't happy with it! It had been ISF calibrated as well and looked stunning on both 4K and regular Blu Ray. Having said that, the owner is returning it and exchanging it for an LG G6 because he wants to try Dolby Vision which the Panasonic doesn't do.
Does he have a separate sound system? I'm curious to know why G6 instead of E6.

Yes, he had a Pioneer Susano amp (something I've been looking for for the past 5 years), and a B&W 6.1 speaker system, and it sounded amazing. I'm not sure about why the G6 rather than the E6, it is an exchange for the Panasonic so maybe that is closer in price. John Lewis don't stock the Panasonic any more (so I was told). I guess with the G6 you could use the TV speaker for watching the news or SD channels and save the home cinema system for movies or programs broadcast in dolby digital.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
It was very very good but for some reason I just can't get on with Panasonic TVs and I loved my LG I don't regret what I did. Great TV though.
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS