AVForums reviews of the Samsung UBD-K8500 and Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray players

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
The Samsung review appeared on Thursday

https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-ubd-k8500-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review.12516

and the Panasonic review appeared today. Both reviews by Mr Steve Withers.

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-dmp-ub900-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review.12538

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:

https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-ubd-k8500-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review.12516

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-dmp-ub900-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review.12538
What a load of crap!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:

What a load of crap!

gel, there must be something wrong with your settings on your tv. For video, are you running an hdmi cable straight from your player to the tv or via your amp? Also, is it in Isf mode and have you tried on other modes?

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:

What a load of crap!

gel, there must be something wrong with your settings on your tv. For video, are you running an hdmi cable straight from your player to the tv or via your amp? Also, is it in Isf mode and have you tried on other modes?
Straight to the TV I couldn't get it to work the other way around.

D

Deleted member 2457

Tried other modes too, read what hdtv test said.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
What a load of crap!

I don't know which review it is you don't like, but I suspect that there is something very wrong with your setup for you - alone - to disagree so violently with such a respected source as Steve Withers. But moderation isn't your strong point.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
What a load of crap!

I don't know which review it is you don't like, but I suspect that there is something very wrong with your setup for you - alone - to disagree so violently with such a respected source as Steve Withers. But moderation isn't your strong point.
Canary Jules has confirmed to me the Samsung is utter rubbish and so has another member - smart ass!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Canary Jules has confirmed to me the Samsung is utter rubbish and so has another member - smart ass!

Oh well, if Canary Jules says so... But then again what did Jimmy the Horse, Mr Fingers and Deptford Stan think?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
What a load of crap!

Son_of_SJ said:

gel said:

Oh, I didn't realise that you had a personal hotline to the calibrator Dr Julian Scott, and also to the unnamed other member. I would be astonished if Dr Julian Scott had put in writing that the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player is "utter rubbish", because, among many other people, LG (who are - as of this week anyway - your favourite television manufacturer) themselves have been using the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player to demonstrate the new 2016 OLED televisions. Still, if you think that you, with your spectacular mood swings and completely unrestrained extremes of vocabulary, know better than LG, then I must doubt you no further. The only trouble with putting in writing on the internet (where it is preserved for ever more and can be held up against you in the future) that Mr Steve Withers's careful reviews of products are "a load of crap" is that people have long memories, and people tend not to be forgiving. Feel free to ignore any advice, in your Milton Keynes coccoon. As for calling me a "smart ass" - well, at least I'm not the one didn't heed well-meant advice and bought a Panasonic 4K OLED television and then tried - and so far, failed - to sell it only five weeks later at a loss of about £1,500 (when you factor in the value of your old LG 55EA980W television which you had to almost give away as part of the ill-fated deal). That's really smart behaviour - not.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
What a load of crap!

Son_of_SJ said:

gel said:

Oh, I didn't realise that you had a personal hotline to the calibrator Dr Julian Scott, and also to the unnamed other member. I would be astonished if Dr Julian Scott had put in writing that the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player is "utter rubbish", because, among many other people, LG (who are - as of this week anyway - your favourite television manufacturer) themselves have been using the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player to demonstrate the new 2016 OLED televisions. Still, if you think that you, with your spectacular mood swings and completely unrestrained extremes of vocabulary, know better than LG, then I must doubt you no further. The only trouble with putting in writing on the internet (where it is preserved for ever more and can be held up against you in the future) that Mr Steve Withers's careful reviews of products are "a load of crap" is that people have long memories, and people tend not to be forgiving. Feel free to ignore any advice, in your Milton Keynes coccoon. As for calling me a "smart ass" - well, at least I'm not the one didn't heed well-meant advice and bought a Panasonic 4K OLED television and then tried - and so far, failed - to sell it only five weeks later at a loss of about £1,500 (when you factor in the value of your old LG 55EA980W television which you had to almost give away as part of the ill-fated deal). That's really smart behaviour - not.

well said!

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
What a load of crap!

Son_of_SJ said:

gel said:

*biggrin* . Well I can confirm he did say it.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
What a load of crap!

Son_of_SJ said:

gel said:

*biggrin* . Well I can confirm he did say it.
And he reads this forum too so there.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Not sure that he is, BB: and these outbursts are getting more frequent. It's rather concerning.

Agreed - I've been away for a few weeks and was hoping that Gel would have calmed down whilst I was off. Unfortunately he seems to be in a spiral of lashing out (I hope not intentionally). This may be a symptom of his meds which is why I was hoping it would be resolved as it doesn't bode well for his health.

He seems more agitiated than normal and as BB has very professionally and carefully explained his shopping habits are related to this. Hence he gets ( and should get ) a lot of slack for his behaviour, but he seems to be attacking people and the " so there" comments suggest a level of insecurity that could be symptomatic of deeper issues.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
In Gels defence; there are a lot of people having a go at him and ridiculing him on his erratic behaviour.

this is a sign of depression and OCD and everyone just needs to chill out with him and let it flow. It's probably his only outlet to communicating to the outside world.

to be honest, he can buy as many 4K players or TVs as he wants, it doesn't bother me in any way, although, this is not healthy for him. So we can all do something positive and support him through his difficult times.

i must admit a lot of comments against Gell can be, dare I say come across as bullying...

TRENDING THREADS