Mains Regeneration...

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
As I thought you have nothing to back yourself up. Your all hot air and no trousers.
Pathetic in every sense if the word and that proves it right there.

How can you be expected to be taken seriously now that we know you dont even know the basics about sound reproduction in a room?

I don't know how you have the audacity to post as you do.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Gaz37 said:
Point out why there's a difference between your comments above and TrevC's comments about power products and cables, or would that be trolling?
There is no difference that is my point.

YOUR point?

Says it all really, there's your point then there's trolling?

Ok.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I will make my point a little clearer.

TrevC has no idea what his antimode has done to his sub, no idea at all.

He has heard a difference in using it, and because he is open minded to the fact it can make a difference he is happy to accept his hearing a difference as acceptable - However he has no proof at all it has done anything.

So how is that any different to someone listening to a cable and hearing a difference and accepting the difference - they havent proved its made a difference but they have heard it.

If its a cable is expectation bias, in your head, it cant make a difference - well why is this situation any different

Yes an antimode can make a difference if you have peaks in your freq response and judging my TrevC description that is what is has done - however he does not know that for 100% sure Yet he is happy to accept his ears on this one.

How is that any different to someone accepting their ears for hearing a difference for anything else - it is not it is absolutely the same.

And because its TrevC and he is so outspoken to others for it all being imaginary for cables and mains - he is doing exactly the same thing here. COMPLETE HYPOCRIT and needs Pulling up on it hence I am doing so.

It also needs pointing out that his divine audio knowledge is about as deep as a cup of tea

S

SemiChronic

I'll back Ellis on this. Trev is always trashing people who spend large on their system.

The constant preaching of "You are imagining it" . . "Where's your proof" etc etc . .

Its about time he shot himself in the foot.

Touché . . Well played

And 5stars for the cup of tea comment Ellis

Hilarious!

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
If TrevC or any other cable heretic posts scientific facts or ABX test results disproving cables or power products, the believers all rubbish the findings or simply dismiss them on the basis that their ears know better

S

SemiChronic

If Trev were to put together a half decent system he would most likely hear the differences between power supplies/cables

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Gaz37 said:
If TrevC or any other cable heretic posts scientific facts or ABX test results disproving cables or power products, the believers all rubbish the findings or simply dismiss them on the basis that their ears know better

That's completely irrelevant your ears are either trustworthy or not.

They can't be trustworthy only when it suits you.

But he has proven himself Hypocritical and Wrong for every post he has ever made where he scrutinised someone for hearing a difference that wasn't proven.

Simple as that TrevC isn't that right TrevC ??

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I will make my point a little clearer.

TrevC has no idea what his antimode has done to his sub, no idea at all.

He has heard a difference in using it, and because he is open minded to the fact it can make a difference he is happy to accept his hearing a difference as acceptable - However he has no proof at all it has done anything.

So how is that any different to someone listening to a cable and hearing a difference and accepting the difference - they havent proved its made a difference but they have heard it.

If its a cable is expectation bias, in your head, it cant make a difference - well why is this situation any different

Yes an antimode can make a difference if you have peaks in your freq response and judging my TrevC description that is what is has done - however he does not know that for 100% sure Yet he is happy to accept his ears on this one.

How is that any different to someone accepting their ears for hearing a difference for anything else - it is not it is absolutely the same.

And because its TrevC and he is so outspoken to others for it all being imaginary for cables and mains - he is doing exactly the same thing here. COMPLETE HYPOCRIT and needs Pulling up on it hence I am doing so.

It also needs pointing out that his divine audio knowledge is about as deep as a cup of tea

someone listening to a cable is:

a) on drugs

b) someone who lost a plot

c) a & b combined

manix

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Gazzip said:
luckylion100 said:
Gazzip said:
lpv said:
guys, you should try to invest in some yellow/ happy electrical sockets... it will have same positive effect on you as your power cables since you know it's there... let's just put appropriate price tag and luxury feel to it with proper advertising.

You really are a w***er of the highest order.

I used to have respect for you and found your posts interesting and of relevance but you've lost the plot and let yourself down. This thread needs locking down. Where the hell is the moderator?

I apologise for resorting to insult and profanity, how ever deserving it may have been.

I started this post with the intention of sharing my experience of something which I considered to be a useful addition to my setup. I expected some debate and some naysaying, but nothing on this scale. This is not a forum anymore. This is a hangout for trolls who want to be fed, and I fell for it. More fool me. Rest assured I shall not bother to try and help people on this website again.

If you have a 1000+ post count you should know exactly what was going to happen. I knew it as soon as I saw your opening post on this thread you created.

Bad language is not deserved just rise above the other critics and move on and get a good nights sleep. It's only a forum at the end of the day.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
of course, any sane creature with a 1000 + posts should know what's going to happen.. if not then the creature is:

a) on drugs

b) lost a plot

c) both

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip said:
luckylion100 said:
Gazzip said:
lpv said:
guys, you should try to invest in some yellow/ happy electrical sockets... it will have same positive effect on you as your power cables since you know it's there... let's just put appropriate price tag and luxury feel to it with proper advertising.

You really are a w***er of the highest order.

I used to have respect for you and found your posts interesting and of relevance but you've lost the plot and let yourself down. This thread needs locking down. Where the hell is the moderator?

I apologise for resorting to insult and profanity, how ever deserving it may have been.

I started this post with the intention of sharing my experience of something which I considered to be a useful addition to my setup. I expected some debate and some naysaying, but nothing on this scale. This is not a forum anymore. This is a hangout for trolls who want to be fed, and I fell for it. More fool me. Rest assured I shall not bother to try and help people on this website again.

Just seen this thread. - Been travelling. FWIW I got a similar response to a thread I started some time ago about the USB Regen device, which I still use. To my ears there is a positive difference to the sound despite being told in no uncertain terms by the usual clan that "it's all just expectation bias and that it can't possibly make a difference".

Well I say 'bollocks'. It's my money, I can hear a positive difference and I couldn't care less about what others who haven't heard the device in a system in use tell me what they expect I'm (not?) hearing.

I was under the impression that these forums were intended for people to share experiences of their findings pertaining to a common hobby. What I find has happened on the whole, is that these forums are dominated by several posters who seem to be only interested in the cheapest possible method of attaining a level of sound quality that they deem to be the the ultimate. I.e. measurably flat, most agreeably arrived at via active speakers. - Regardless of what the sound actually might be like. Anyone who challenges this position is treated to a barrage of abuse. They are not interested in listening, but back up their quasi-scientific approach with pseudo-science.

I find this most tiresome. For me, the hobby is about the sound quality of music and the enjoyment of the equipment used in achieving it. I coudn't care less how my equipment measures compared to how it sounds. For this reason I have a couple of different Amps, two pairs of speakers and several sources. Yes I'm a box-swapper and fully intend to add to my collection of boxes over time.

Gazzip, I think you handled the barrage of abuse with grace and dignity. However, some of you on here should be ashamed of yourselves.

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
How about a test?

if someone went to visit gazzip and was able to switch between power supplies (should be much easier than most tests, as volume matching won't be an issue) and he could tell which was which when listening for 3 minutes and could reliably repeat this 10 times, then I would be convinced.

similarly, the manufacturers could presumably put an oscilloscope or data logger on the dc output of an amp power supply and show the difference.

otherwise it's just bickering?

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
thewinelake. said:
How about a test?

if someone went to visit gazzip and was able to switch between power supplies (should be much easier than most tests, as volume matching won't be an issue) and he could tell which was which when listening for 3 minutes and could reliably repeat this 10 times, then I would be convinced.

similarly, the manufacturers could presumably put an oscilloscope or data logger on the dc output of an amp power supply and show the difference.

I would love to see this done.

TrevC

SemiChronic said:
If Trev were to put together a half decent system he would most likely hear the differences between power supplies/cables

If you were to put together some electronics knowledge and thought processes you would realise such differences are impossible.

TrevC

SemiChronic said:
I'll back Ellis on this. Trev is always trashing people who spend large on their system.

The constant preaching of "You are imagining it" . . "Where's your proof" etc etc . .

Its about time he shot himself in the foot.

Touché . . Well played

And 5stars for the cup of tea comment Ellis

Hilarious!

Ellis is trying to tell me that things that do make a difference (room bass eq and speaker positioning) don't and things like mains stuff that don't make a difference do.

He's the one with the wounded foot.

TrevC

thewinelake. said:
How about a test?

You don't need a test, only a bit of basic electronics knowledge. Then you wouldn't waste your time listening for differences in sound that cannot possibly exist.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
Ellis is trying to tell me that things that do make a difference (room bass eq and speaker positioning) don't and things like mains stuff that don't make a difference do.

TrevC good attempt at twisting that, but another fail - That is not what I said, and you know it.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
TrevC said:

TrevC good attempt at twisting that, but another fail - That is not what I said, and you know it.
TrevC wrote:
With the antimode active there is no boom and very low bass clearly present. With it bypassed the sound is boomy. The difference is very easy to hear.

Its in your head TrevC - expectation bias, you cant trust your ears, they are unreliable - did you do ABX blind testing to prove that it made a difference?

Have you done any scientific testing to prove its not boomy???

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
TrevC wrote:
With the antimode active there is no boom and very low bass clearly present. With it bypassed the sound is boomy. The difference is very easy to hear.

Thats exactly it TrevC - in bold above - The answer is no isnt it.

You have heard a difference but do not know what that difference is, no idea at all, but your happy to accept it.

I put XLO cables in mine and other systems and hear clear differences and improvements to bass, mids and treble but I have not measured to confirm that difference but I am happy to accept it.

You explain to me how those 2 situations are any different?

TrevC

ellisdj said:
TrevC said:
TrevC wrote:

Thats exactly it TrevC - in bold above - The answer is no isnt it.

You have heard a difference but do not know what that difference is, no idea at all, but your happy to accept it.

I put XLO cables in mine and other systems and hear clear differences and improvements to bass, mids and treble but I have not measured to confirm that difference but I am happy to accept it.

You explain to me how those 2 situations are any different?

There is little point in trying to explain anything to you.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
TrevC said:
thewinelake. said:
How about a test?

You don't need a test, only a bit of basic electronics knowledge. Then you wouldn't waste your time listening for differences in sound that cannot possibly exist.

I think a test would put this subject to bed forever.
If the OP was able to identify the difference that would be the end of this argument and many like it, if not he would have wasted his money AND proved the epectation bias theory to betrue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts