Cables, mains, interconnectors and speaker cables

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
MattSPL said:
It has been proven that even with today's technology we cannot replicate the Egyptian pyramids with the same accuracy. A group of scientists and engineers tried to build a small scale replica of the great pyramid with the exact alignment etc of the real one and they couldn't do it with the same accuracy.

That only proves that one particular group of people were unable to replicate it at a given time - it is not conclusive.

I still don't see what any of this has to do with cables designed by people using machines and built in factories.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
MattSPL said:
It has been proven that even with today's technology we cannot replicate the Egyptian pyramids with the same accuracy. A group of scientists and engineers tried to build a small scale replica of the great pyramid with the exact alignment etc of the real one and they couldn't do it with the same accuracy.

Surely everybody knows that aliens were responsible for building the pyamids...

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
MattSPL said:

Where did you read/see that? Could you site your source because I'll be interested to learn more about it.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
MattSPL said:

Where did you read/see that? Could you site your source because I'll be interested to learn more about it.

http://michaelsheiser.com/PaleoBabble/2012/07/build-great-pyramid-today/

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
It's amazing how easy it is to imagine differences that simply cannot exist. The OP is a classic example of the placebo effect in action, as are all the WHF reviews of mains products.

I'm willing to believe Placebo may play a part in people hearing improvements to their systems after adding mains products, but when person after person claims an improvement in performance and precisely describes how the sound changed for the better, It's too much evidence to ignore.

People who report increased performance with mains products always(in my experience) state the same findings, including increased bass power and depth and overall increased clarity. If it was placebo, surely there would be more veriety in what way the sound of the system improves as each persons expectations will be different.

The clue was in the words "cannot exist". it isn't possible for the wire, or any other mains device that only connects to the mains, to influence the quality of anything. If you think you hear a difference you are mistaken.

Anything is possible, sometimes we need to think outside the box of modern scientific knowledge. Just because we aren't capable of scientifically proving a mains product works means very little. Modern science/technology isn't capable of replicatining the pyramids of Egypt to the same precision, yet they have been standing there for thousands of years......

Of course we could replicate the pyramids if we wanted to. Why on earth do you think we couldn't?

Chris

Almost unbelieveable that anybody could post that! Reminds me of the old Erich von Daniken stuff.

Chris

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
It's amazing how easy it is to imagine differences that simply cannot exist. The OP is a classic example of the placebo effect in action, as are all the WHF reviews of mains products.

I'm willing to believe Placebo may play a part in people hearing improvements to their systems after adding mains products, but when person after person claims an improvement in performance and precisely describes how the sound changed for the better, It's too much evidence to ignore.

People who report increased performance with mains products always(in my experience) state the same findings, including increased bass power and depth and overall increased clarity. If it was placebo, surely there would be more veriety in what way the sound of the system improves as each persons expectations will be different.

The clue was in the words "cannot exist". it isn't possible for the wire, or any other mains device that only connects to the mains, to influence the quality of anything. If you think you hear a difference you are mistaken.

Anything is possible, sometimes we need to think outside the box of modern scientific knowledge. Just because we aren't capable of scientifically proving a mains product works means very little. Modern science/technology isn't capable of replicatining the pyramids of Egypt to the same precision, yet they have been standing there for thousands of years......

Of course we could replicate the pyramids if we wanted to. Why on earth do you think we couldn't?

Chris

Almost unbelieveable that anybody could post that! Reminds me of the old Erich von Daniken stuff.

Chris

If your actually bothered, do a bit of research and you will find an amazing amount of evidence backing up what I posted. Otherwise, stick to the Hifi, but at least have an open mind that 50% of the Hifi population who do hear differences with mains products can't all be crazy or wrong. Can they? :)

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

If your actually bothered, do a bit of research and you will find an amazing amount of evidence backing up what I posted. Otherwise, stick to the Hifi, but at least have an open mind that 50% of the Hifi population who do hear differences with mains products can't all be crazy or wrong. Can they? :)

There are two groups one who do hear differences with cables trully love music and can appriciate good products and the second group that can hear any differences between cables they will never admit that their hearing isn't sensitive enough and wrongly jump to a conclusion that it is only a placebo affect :O

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

There are two groups one who do hear differences with cables trully love music and can appriciate good products and the second group that can hear any differences between cables they will never admit that their hearing isn't sensitive enough and wrongly jump to a conclusion that it is only a placebo affect :O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emporer%27s_new_cloths

namefail

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
andyjm said:
ISAC69 said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

EDITED some link that popped Word verification grrrrr, I hate Word verification.
>>>Yooooo!>>>

<<<I'm quote surfin<<<<

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

I don't need to do research into crazy theories! There are people who believe in all sorts of stuff and life isn't long enough to debunk them all. A good example is 9/11 where I've known people who swear it didn't happen. Indeed I know someone who says the plane didn't crash into the Pentagon although another person we mutually know told him that he was in Arlington that day and saw it.

As for people being crazy I would never say that. I know people hear things but that doesn't mean they are real effects. There is any amount of evidence of placebo effects, expectation bias, etc and that comes from kosher scientists.

Chris

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
namefail said:
andyjm said:
ISAC69 said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

EDITED some link that popped Word verification grrrrr, I hate Word verification.
>>>Yooooo!>>>

<<<I'm quote surfin<<<<

Weeeee! SPLASH :help:

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I sort of envy the unfaltering faith that some people have that they are absolutely 100% right and cannot possibly be mistaken no matter what. It's real conviction.

TrevC

ISAC69 said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

There are those that love music that have sensitive hearing and also understand electronics, and therefore don't waste valuable listening time chasing after dfferences that cannot possibly exist.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
TrevC said:
ISAC69 said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

There are those that love music that have sensitive hearing and also understand electronics, and therefore don't waste valuable listening time chasing after dfferences that cannot possibly exist.

You can't ask blind people to chase after colours differences ...

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
TrevC said:
ISAC69 said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
Covenanter said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:
MattSPL said:
TrevC said:

Chris

Chris

You can't ask blind people to chase after colours differences ...

Haha! You're funny! :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts