Cables, mains, interconnectors and speaker cables

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
Golden Ears said:
So at least the end is here! I've shown willingness to find the blind preference to see if it matches the general test but they'll be no takers to be involved from this forum. If this subject is broached in conversation amongst my audio loving friends perhaps one weekend (if the kids are away) we can try to see if I wind up liking what I do when I change them myself.

You haven't shown willingness for anything other than sitting in a corner with your fingers in your ears going "lalalalalalala I believe what I believe and people should take a leaf out of my book, but I'm not going to entertain anybody elses suggestions". :boohoo:

I'm out.

good your out as I've showed more willingness than you ever could. Your agenda is clear. I've in no way claim everyone here's. Differences nor can they, I've in no place here said YOU must either. So if the drum beating has been carried on way to long it's those thinking that by me saying one day you might notice a difference between 2 different cables is far fetched but you accept people hear differences I think you're more likely saying you don't belive I have. Not that people don't!

So enjoy finding another person to launch a one sided debate pushing them into your little spiders web of non acceptance as I'm happy to accept people can and people can't, people do and people don't. I offer some a chance to see if they can whilst visiting or indeed I've visited them when they are willing to see for themselves. I can't make anyone believe nor have I a desire the audio they hear is what the hear I can't know how that is.

So you've everything again in black and white. What's it matter to you what I've heard anyways and she did it become compulsory that a person be subjected to a series of test after making a purchase. You'd probably question a car buyer did he buy the right car, or a TV owner why did you by that tv, answering with really do you think the picture is better than x TV take a blind test is this the way you live. Have you the ability to make your own mind up when purchasing? Did you do these blind tests to get every purchase you've made? Sure love to hear how you came across the items you bought and how you decided something was better than something else as if I take you seriously no one can make their own preference without taking some kind of blind test!

Oh why did it take me so many posts to get to this conclusion? That's what all the blind testers are saying. They've done blind tests to make every preference as they clearly are unable to make a preferential decision on their own. Well you are much smarter than I using all that time to get everything exactly as you wanted first time.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Golden Ears said:
spiny norman said:
BigH said:
What music do you use?

Oh, for EDITED's sake – don't you know by now that talking about music has absolutely no place on a hi-fi forum?

ots probably loaded and not an olive branch. I'm getting evades all the time. I wonder which path this will go down.

The usual replies :

Og and you call yourself an audiophile listening to that

oh and what makes that track any better than a track by blah blah

this is the can of worms no doubt as people never seem to except others listen to things differently nor can they use material to test a systems weaknesses etc if they have no belief in these principles then indeed you are right they have no right on an audio forum.

If thats directed at me it was not loaded in anyway, I'm genuinely interested in what people play, as you say you can find some new music. I just found one today on another forum: Paco De Lucia -
Fuente Y Caudal - Entre Dos Aguas

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
spiny norman said:
BigH said:
What music do you use?

Oh, for EDITED's sake – don't you know by now that talking about music has absolutely no place on a hi-fi forum?

ots probably loaded and not an olive branch. I'm getting evades all the time. I wonder which path this will go down.

The usual replies :

this is the can of worms no doubt as people never seem to except others listen to things differently nor can they use material to test a systems weaknesses etc if they have no belief in these principles then indeed you are right they have no right on an audio forum.

If thats directed at me it was not loaded in anyway, I'm genuinely interested in what people play, as you say you can find some new music. I just found one today on another forum: Paco De Lucia -

Then heres a list of artist I like in general,

Ane Brun

Kari Bremnes

Major Minority

Keb Mo

Lyle Lovet

Jennifer Warnes

Aero Smith

Dio

Ryan Adams

Agnes Obel

Dire Straits

Prince

Cassandra Wilson

Holly Cole

Bon Jovi

Ephemera

Lumsk

Anthony Hamilton

Jay Z

Too Short

Killers

Space

Yello

Dianna Krall

I like most music this is just a sample of some artists I like

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
spiny norman said:
BigH said:
What music do you use?

The usual replies :

Ane Brun

Kari Bremnes

Major Minority

Keb Mo

Lyle Lovet

Jennifer Warnes

Aero Smith

Dio

Ryan Adams

Agnes Obel

Dire Straits

Prince

Cassandra Wilson

Holly Cole

Bon Jovi

Ephemera

Lumsk

Anthony Hamilton

Jay Z

Too Short

Killers

Space

Yello

Dianna Krall

I see, I quite like a few of those to. What tracks do you use for testing?

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
spiny norman said:
BigH said:
What music do you use?

The usual replies :

Ane Brun

Kari Bremnes

Major Minority

Keb Mo

Lyle Lovet

Jennifer Warnes

Aero Smith

Dio

Ryan Adams

Agnes Obel

Dire Straits

Prince

Cassandra Wilson

Holly Cole

Bon Jovi

Ephemera

Lumsk

Anthony Hamilton

Jay Z

Too Short

Killers

Space

Yello

Dianna Krall

I've many you could try Halo by Ane Brun her vocals really will impress and if the system is able to reproduce to a high stand the recording will reward you.

I've really too many to start listing as each track I have my own sections I listen for etc personal taste.

i might lost some tracks that have good recording quality / high resolution IMO for you to try if that's what you are interested in?

As for a demo CD of tracks I've often thought of crating such :)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
spiny norman said:
BigH said:
What music do you use?

The usual replies :

Ane Brun

Kari Bremnes

Major Minority

Keb Mo

Lyle Lovet

Jennifer Warnes

Aero Smith

Dio

Ryan Adams

Agnes Obel

Dire Straits

Prince

Cassandra Wilson

Holly Cole

Bon Jovi

Ephemera

Lumsk

Anthony Hamilton

Jay Z

Too Short

Killers

Space

Yello

Dianna Krall

I've many you could try Halo by Ane Brun her vocals really will impress and if the system is able to reproduce to a high stand the recording will reward you.

I've really too many to start listing as each track I have my own sections I listen for etc personal taste.

i might lost some tracks that have good recording quality / high resolution IMO for you to try if that's what you are interested in?

Just playing that Halo track, not bad but my version has quite a bit of tape hiss.

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
spiny norman said:
BigH said:
What music do you use?

The usual replies :

Ane Brun

Kari Bremnes

Major Minority

Keb Mo

Lyle Lovet

Jennifer Warnes

Aero Smith

Dio

Ryan Adams

Agnes Obel

Dire Straits

Prince

Cassandra Wilson

Holly Cole

Bon Jovi

Ephemera

Lumsk

Anthony Hamilton

Jay Z

Too Short

Killers

Space

Yello

Dianna Krall

Just playing that Halo track, not bad but my version has quite a bit of tape hiss.

the recording does have this trait. More noticeable at higher volumes. If you've a system capable of handling bizarre bass extremities I've a track for you.

This track was tested on Audio Overkill gear bought by an audio nut hear in Bergen. I had the pleasure of being there when it was installed. The speakers were try wired the bass unit I think was called predator. It was a strange design but incredible bass was heard. This track however made the guy delivering stand up and enquire as he'd never heard his speakers but worked so hard.

warning though! Not a track for saying wow this is fantastic but if used to test a systems bass can be fun. Done properly it'll be apparent what I'm getting at

the track "Rev 22-20" - Rev by Puscifer found on the Saw II album track 6

Ephemera - Glue is a nice song

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
spiny norman said:
BigH said:
What music do you use?

The usual replies :

Ane Brun

Kari Bremnes

Major Minority

Keb Mo

Lyle Lovet

Jennifer Warnes

Aero Smith

Dio

Ryan Adams

Agnes Obel

Dire Straits

Prince

Cassandra Wilson

Holly Cole

Bon Jovi

Ephemera

Lumsk

Anthony Hamilton

Jay Z

Too Short

Killers

Space

Yello

Dianna Krall

I like sangen om kokkene ved ofotbanen by Kari Bremnes it can be entertaining on good systems. It's not sung in English but a good piece of music ;)

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
BigH -

Nils Lofgren - Live and accoustic is a nice disc

Angus and Julia Stone - And the boys (great track)

Rob Waaserman - 3 Guys Named Schmo (off the trios disc the album has some nice gems)

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Now look ear GE. If u had told me that you enjoyed Dire Straits then I would never had disputed any of your findings or opinions :) Surely DSOTM is also on yr play list? I have the cd and sacd but not sure which I prefer. Must give the vinyl a spin too sometime.

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Now look ear GE. If u had told me that you enjoyed Dire Straits then I would never had disputed any of your findings or opinions :) Surely DSOTM is also on yr play list? I have the cd and sacd but not sure which I prefer. Must give the vinyl a spin too sometime.

i do love Dire Straits in fact :) I often listen to them. Remastered brothers in Arms Ride across the river I enjoy neRly weekly in fact. But I'm not sure what Track TM is :s

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:

Mix up the dynamics and play some Nine inch Nails into the void (LOUD) good track IMO

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Golden Ears said:
BigH -

Rob Waaserman - 3 Guys Named Schmo (off the trios disc the album has some nice gems)

Yes I tipped a track from Acoustic Live the other day, Keith Don't Go.

Angus and Julia Stone is also good.

Don't know Rob Waaserman one.

What you want is some Sivert Hoyem, Prisoner of the Road and Under Administration!

There is also a duet with Ane Brun.

Do you know Mari Boine another norwegian, some interests records.

Golden Ears

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH -

What you want is some Sivert Hoyem, Prisoner of the Road and Under Administration!

Hi I'd heard some of Mari Boines music whilst at a friends, I have access on WIMP I've never tried her music at home, she's from a part of Norway the dialect is very special :)

Ane Bruns a Duets Album is very good :) I'll be sure too check out your recommendations :)4

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH -

Hi I'd heard some of Mari Boines music whilst at a friends, I have access on WIMP I've never tried her music at home, she's from a part of Norway the dialect is very special :)

Ane Bruns a Duets Album is very good :) I'll be sure too check out your recommendations :)4

My favorite Ane Brun recording is " It all starts with one " the two Cd version with bonus tracks , it is stunning .

Mari Boine is quite different in style but equally as good , she is a Norweigian Sami and her music and style are quite tribal .

I would recommend these Cd's

" Leahkastin "

"Eallin "

"Gula Gula "

Listen to this it is amazing !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVKu_22Sf4

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Golden Ears said:
Ben Harper - Welcome to the cruel world (is a track I like a lot. He has many good albums.)

Yes Ben Harper - Whipping Boy off that album Ive seen a few times in speaker reviews, good track but not one of my favouite Ben Harper.

If you want some audiophile stuff try Anne Bisson - September in Montreal - on Blue Mind album, not really my thing but its a good recording. So are most of Patricia Barber's albums who is fairly similar.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Electro said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH said:
Golden Ears said:
BigH -

My favorite Ane Brun recording is " It all starts with one " the two Cd version with bonus tracks , it is stunning .

Mari Boine is quite different in style but equally as good , she is a Norweigian Sami and her music and style are quite tribal .

I would recommend these Cd's

" Leahkastin "

"Eallin "

"Gula Gula "

Listen to this it is amazing !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVKu_22Sf4

Probably my favourite of hers is Balvvoslatjna (Room of Worship)

Yes Gula Gula is also very good. Have not heard the other 2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts