As much as I love my Proac 110s...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Before spend the cash, make sure you compare ATC to another Studio brand, A.D.A.M - Audio. I am not saying ATC is not as good, different ears, different taste and all that.

A

Anonymous

lordmortlock:I did indeed! Really interested to know what you think about that model and passive pres generally. Maybe you could post a review?

Have a look at the review pages on their website....Here. No point in reinventing the wheel but lets just say that I concure with everything they say. Substantially built with solid click stops on the knobs. Unusually, the volume scale is marked in db attenuation so the louder you set it the smaller the number.......A long recommended burn in of 100 hrs + but I cant say wether burn in actually works as I have changed other bits along the way but lets say I'm happy.....just wish they didnt cost as much.

Next step...some better interconnects...........when I save up. Thats it then....job done.

As you will know from previous posts, I have a soft spot for passive pre's. My old QED MA34 serves me well upstairs. Infact it was in use on my main system before I got the Music First. I like things simple and a passive pre is about a simple as you can get. Actives will colour sound. Some in a good way others not. A passive is as close as you can get to a straight wire, what I consider a safe bet. Dont like too much in the way of hi tech technology, my gear list shows that. The more technology inevitably means more to go wrong and also every component an audio signal goes through inevitably colours the sound in some way. Nope....keep it simple and I'm happy. Unfortunately, as I have already said....simple isnt always less expensive. Never been able to fathom that one out but there you go.

A

Anonymous

South Devon is the place to be. Anytime you are down this way you are welcome. I wont be able to vouch for the quality or availability of a cream tea though.....

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'll take you up on that if I'm ever down that way! Likewise if you find yourself in Gloucestershire and wondering what solid state quad sounds like let me know!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts