Accuphase near London

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
matt49 said:
Macspur said:
Not sure if these would fit the bill for you Matt, but just came across http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?88247-Pre-owned-PMC-PB1i

and did you know Trevor at Guildford Audio stocks Devialet?

Mac

Cheers, Mac, you are a genius at sniffing out this second-hand gear. But I fear the PB1is may be a bit big for my room. I have the OB1is in my sights though.

Re. Devialet, yes, I was aware that Trevor stocks them. And my local dealer is also going to stock the new range. I don't know how well they're selling, but there does seem to be a lot of wind in the Devialet sails. And you'd have to say that on paper the new range looks relatively keenly priced, given that they comprise streaming, a DAC, DSP and future upgrades. Like the Daleks, they're going to take over the world. (Or not ...)

Matt

Ah, OK, I did wonder... I'll keep my eye out for some OB's.

Not sure how much the new Devialets are going for, but I noticed Trevor has an ex-demo D-Premier for sale for approx 8K.

Just found these... http://www.fanthorpes.co.uk/pmc-speakers/pmc-ob1i-speakers-ex-demo-2191658-281061-.php

Don't know how up to date the add is, but still worth contacting them.

Mac

Andy Bennett

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I consider myself very lucky to own something Accuphase albeit a e203 , I have a JA Michell Focus one S turntable, and currently listening through a pair of Rega Ela speakers which I intend to change , my question is what should I go for? ? My monitor audio Rs6 sounded awful !!! My T&A delta 50b's sound good but they're now on the bay, my budget is around £500, I'm thinking second hand of course.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi and welcome.

It's always a privelage to own something made by Accuphase.

I've only ever owned Harbeth since having my E350, so can only speak with certainty about that combo... depending on your listening room in terms of size, a second hand pair of P3 ESR's would be a good fit.

Failing that, Spendor, Sonus Faber and Focal are all supposed to go well with Accuphase.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts