Kef ls50w vs AVI DM10 vs ATC scm19

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
radiorog said:
seemorebtts said:
radiorog said:
seemorebtts said:
radiorog said:
seemorebtts said:
nopiano said:
Thanks for the interesting read.  Earlier this year I went though a similar process with passive speakers, and with a slightly higher budget.  But came to a similar conclusion as you can see in my signature.  The ATCs speak for themselves with their precision and integrity.  I’m sure if you choose the 19s you’ll be very happy.  Having said that I loved the wireless KEFs I heard at the Bristol Show in February fed direct from a Zen player. 
does the i32 have enough power of your ATC as I want the ATC but I thought I might need more power for the 40

Hi Seemor, I have also been considering the EB2's as a possible upgrade, and was curious to how you find them. Didnt you have dynaudio emit 20's before? If so, how do the EB2's and emits compare please? :)
the EB acoustics are alot better just because they understand what instruments sound like and the dynaudio emit m20 will add colour to them :-(

Cool. What would you recommend here, upgrade to eb2, or stretch a bit further to the ATC?
the great thing here is that you can have them home on trial and they have had a price drop to £699. I think they would sound amazing though your k3 could be a great match. With the ATC they will cost more and you will be looking at a new amp too which is a big price hike.i love the ATC scm11 and would buy them in a second and I probably will :) but for now I'm happy. You should give the EB acoustics a go and I think you have the amp to make them shine. I would probably get rid of your cd player and replace it with the roksan
So do you think the Roksan wouldn't be enough for the ATC? I am wondering myself. Although it has more watts than the rotel used in demo.
When you say you'd replace the cd player with the Roksan, what do you mean? Buy the Roksan cd player, or replace the cd player and the amplifier together?
I agree with David the ATC will run on your roskan but will never bless them which is why I think the EB acoustics could be a good match for your amp but I'm worried about the cd player as I think the EB will show it's bad areas. You enjoy your setup so try a find something to match it.i think if you go the ATC route the you might be upgrading Everything.i just got my i32 and I think I'm ready for the ATC now but before I had the i22 and felt it just wasn't good enough

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
radiorog said:
seemorebtts said:
radiorog said:
seemorebtts said:
radiorog said:
seemorebtts said:
nopiano said:
Thanks for the interesting read.  Earlier this year I went though a similar process with passive speakers, and with a slightly higher budget.  But came to a similar conclusion as you can see in my signature.  The ATCs speak for themselves with their precision and integrity.  I’m sure if you choose the 19s you’ll be very happy.  Having said that I loved the wireless KEFs I heard at the Bristol Show in February fed direct from a Zen player. 
does the i32 have enough power of your ATC as I want the ATC but I thought I might need more power for the 40

Hi Seemor, I have also been considering the EB2's as a possible upgrade, and was curious to how you find them. Didnt you have dynaudio emit 20's before? If so, how do the EB2's and emits compare please? :)
the EB acoustics are alot better just because they understand what instruments sound like and the dynaudio emit m20 will add colour to them :-(

Cool. What would you recommend here, upgrade to eb2, or stretch a bit further to the ATC?
the great thing here is that you can have them home on trial and they have had a price drop to £699. I think they would sound amazing though your k3 could be a great match. With the ATC they will cost more and you will be looking at a new amp too which is a big price hike.i love the ATC scm11 and would buy them in a second and I probably will :) but for now I'm happy. You should give the EB acoustics a go and I think you have the amp to make them shine. I would probably get rid of your cd player and replace it with the roksan
So do you think the Roksan wouldn't be enough for the ATC? I am wondering myself. Although it has more watts than the rotel used in demo.
When you say you'd replace the cd player with the Roksan, what do you mean? Buy the Roksan cd player, or replace the cd player and the amplifier together?
I agree with David the ATC will run on your roskan but will never bless them which is why I think the EB acoustics could be a good match for your amp but I'm worried about the cd player as I think the EB will show it's bad areas. You enjoy your setup so try a find something to match it.i think if you go the ATC route the you might be upgrading Everything.i just got my i32 and I think I'm ready for the ATC now but before I had the i22 and felt it just wasn't good enough

The op should demo the ATC with his roksan first to.make his mind up

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm looking forward to reading how radiorog gets on with the ATC 19's when he has them on home demo against his Dynaudio 2/7's via his Roksan amp.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
nopiano said:
seemorebtts said:
nopiano said:
Thanks for the interesting read. Earlier this year I went though a similar process with passive speakers, and with a slightly higher budget. But came to a similar conclusion as you can see in my signature. The ATCs speak for themselves with their precision and integrity. I’m sure if you choose the 19s you’ll be very happy. Having said that I loved the wireless KEFs I heard at the Bristol Show in February fed direct from a Zen player.
I think it’s plenty, though a more obvious match would be ATC’s own integrated amp, which the shop demoed mine with. Our living room is about 7m by 3.5 metres, and the listening spot is about halfway back the long length, though I often listen as background from the far end. I’ve not found them sensitive to position as they seem to disperse evenly. They aren’t that insensitive and are a quite easy load, but because they lack distortion it’s easy to wind up the volume without appreciating just how loud it is!

Hey nopiano, how did they sound with the ATC Integrated? Looks like a nice powerful amp!

radiorog said:
nopiano said:
seemorebtts said:
nopiano said:
Thanks for the interesting read. Earlier this year I went though a similar process with passive speakers, and with a slightly higher budget. But came to a similar conclusion as you can see in my signature. The ATCs speak for themselves with their precision and integrity. I’m sure if you choose the 19s you’ll be very happy. Having said that I loved the wireless KEFs I heard at the Bristol Show in February fed direct from a Zen player.
I think it’s plenty, though a more obvious match would be ATC’s own integrated amp, which the shop demoed mine with. Our living room is about 7m by 3.5 metres, and the listening spot is about halfway back the long length, though I often listen as background from the far end. I’ve not found them sensitive to position as they seem to disperse evenly. They aren’t that insensitive and are a quite easy load, but because they lack distortion it’s easy to wind up the volume without appreciating just how loud it is!

Hey nopiano, how did they sound with the ATC Integrated? Looks like a nice powerful amp!
I don’t think I could attribute any particular character to it, though that is probably the highest compliment. The motorised volume worked smoothly, and it wasn’t remotely stressed, though I don’t listen at headbanging volumes! Quite large and striking in a slightly industrial style, but smoothly finished and not at all hair shirt. Rather like the speakers, it just struck me as oozing sheer engineering quality.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi radiorog

Fwiw, I've found DM 2/7's to be a great match with Pioneer's A-400 *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get from that rick? :) I'm hoping my k3 surpasses the pioneer which I could pick up for £50, as good as the pioneer is. I'd be looking at a speaker upgrade first if I was to be doing an upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts