Accuphase near London

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Singslinger said:
Macspur said:
Singslinger said:
Another Accuphase user here - I fully endorse Mac's and Babur72's observations about the Accuphase sound. There's a musicality which sets it apart from most - though not all - brands.

Any news on the Harbeths Singslinger?

Mac

Hi Mac, nothing yet. It seems the factory was snowed in, so everything's been delayed. It's going to be another 3-4 weeks before I know anything further as I'll be away on holiday for the next 3 weeks from tomorrow Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Accuphase!

Shame!... damned British weather, it's May and it's still like Winter!

Still, hopefully your patience will be rewarded.

Have a good holiday and drop us a line when you get back.

Mac

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Will do Mac.

PS Actually I'll be experiencing Brit weather first hand I'll be visiting friends in London and Belfast! Won't be my first time though, this'll be my fifth trip to the UK.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Singslinger said:
Will do Mac. PS Actually I'll be experiencing Brit weather first hand I'll be visiting friends in London and Belfast! Won't be my first time though, this'll be my fifth trip to the UK.

That's not all that far from me...........and the weather's shyte atm! :(

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Singslinger said:
Will do Mac. PS Actually I'll be experiencing Brit weather first hand I'll be visiting friends in London and Belfast! Won't be my first time though, this'll be my fifth trip to the UK.

Got family myself in and around Belfast... might be over in the Summer, have to drop in and listen to your Kef, MF, Linn set up first hand lol!

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Got family myself in and around Belfast... might be over in the Summer, have to drop in and listen to your Kef, MF, Linn set up first hand lol!

Mac

Mac, you'd be most welcome......though atm my house has been reduced to a building site (for the treatment of dry rot), and my system has been temporarily dismantled.

Let me know when you are over, in case things have been put back together by then.

Smoker1967

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Accuphase sounds great, can drive extatic any kind of speakers.

I've got the chance to listen E-360 and E-560; sort of luck, even in Japan

Whenever you try to compare models and count cost/preformance, aways watch out size of your listening room and scale/gauge of your speekers.

If it is already 3x4x5, then it must be E-360 but not E-260

If it is Tannoy Prestige or B&W 802 then don't bother and get E-560

All are great amps, real masterpieces.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Mac, you'd be most welcome......though atm my house has been reduced to a building site (for the treatment of dry rot), and my system has been temporarily dismantled.

Let me know when you are over, in case things have been put back together by then.

O Lord! that's not good and without music to soothe the nerves either!

Hope you get it sorted soon and I'll let you know for sure.

Mac

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Smoker1967 said:
Accuphase sounds great, can drive extatic any kind of speakers.

I've got the chance to listen E-360 and E-560; sort of luck, even in Japan

Whenever you try to compare models and count cost/preformance, aways watch out size of your listening room and scale/gauge of your speekers.

If it is already 3x4x5, then it must be E-360 but not E-260

If it is Tannoy Prestige or B&W 802 then don't bother and get E-560

All are great amps, real masterpieces.

Hi Smoker,

Thanks for your views... are you in the process of deciding which one to buy?

Mac

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Mac

Hi Mac,

What do you think the Siltech Classic Anniversary 330i Interconnects give your system over similar grade Chord Co. cables? And, if you feel they impart some degree of colouration or a difference in presentation, what sonic characteristics would you ascribe to them?

Regards.

Babur.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Singslinger said:

Hi Cno - yes unfortunately I've been informed of this by my friends in Belfast. "Unseasonably cold for this time of year" was how they put it. :cry:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Singslinger said:
CnoEvil said:
Singslinger said:

Hi Cno - yes unfortunately I've been informed of this by my friends in Belfast. "Unseasonably cold for this time of year" was how they put it. :cry:

We had Hail Showers yesterday. :wall:

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Babur72 said:
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Mac

Hi Mac, What do you think the Siltech Classic Anniversary 330i Interconnects give your system over similar grade Chord Co. cables? And, if you feel they impart some degree of colouration or a difference in presentation, what sonic characteristics would you ascribe to them? Regards. Babur.

Hi Babur,

I must admit, I haven't got much to compare. My previous i.c was Electrocompaniet XLR which was very good in it's own right, but the Siltech is a definite step in sonic presentation.

There is a definite improvement in seperation and definition, with a blacker background, adding a touch of lushness, but without too much colouration.

Superbly well made too!

Mac

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Macspur said:
Babur72 said:
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Mac

Hi Mac, What do you think the Siltech Classic Anniversary 330i Interconnects give your system over similar grade Chord Co. cables? And, if you feel they impart some degree of colouration or a difference in presentation, what sonic characteristics would you ascribe to them? Regards. Babur.

Hi Babur,

I must admit, I haven't got much to compare. My previous i.c was Electrocompaniet XLR which was very good in it's own right, but the Siltech is a definite step in sonic presentation.

There is a definite improvement in seperation and definition, with a blacker background, adding a touch of lushness, but without too much colouration.

Superbly well made too!

Mac

Thanks Mac.

I've a couple of friends who have used or are using Siltech's Royal Signature series analogue interconnect, digital & speaker cables. Both speak of them very highly.

Personally speaking, of the ranges i've heard, i'm rather partial to some Atlas, Cardas, Kubala Sosna, MIT(Magnum & Oracle series) & some Tellurium Q cables.

Only drawback being that their better products can fetch as much as the rest of a decent system's cost combined. Madness!

Regards.

Babur.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Babur72 said:
Personally speaking, of the ranges i've heard, i'm rather partial to some Atlas, Cardas, Kubala Sosna, MIT(Magnum & Oracle series) & some Tellurium Q cables. Only drawback being that their better products can fetch as much as the rest of a decent system's cost combined. Madness! Regards. Babur.

I like your list of cables.....have you heard Cardas Clear Light?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Some good brands there Babur and yes you're right the price of some cables is just madness! I did fancy trying Classic anniversary speaker cable, but it's way too expensive.

Hope to try some Auditorium 23 soon.

Mac

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Babur72 said:
Personally speaking, of the ranges i've heard, i'm rather partial to some Atlas, Cardas, Kubala Sosna, MIT(Magnum & Oracle series) & some Tellurium Q cables. Only drawback being that their better products can fetch as much as the rest of a decent system's cost combined. Madness! Regards. Babur.

I like your list of cables.....have you heard Cardas Clear Light?

I haven't heard a system using the Clear Light cables yet, but i have had the good fortune to listen to a few with the Cross, Golden Cross &/or Golden Reference cables. Have you experienced the Clear Light cabłes for yourself?

One exotic system springs to mind. Belonging to a long-time collector of audio jewellery based in Maryland & comprised of: Custom Black ClearAudio Master Innovator[(?) the name of Cartridge escapes me but discovered later it was almost 2/3 the cost of the $24,000 Turntable!] with 2(one 9" & another 12") ClearAudio Universal Tonearms; Aesthetix Io Signature phono-stage - with dual-mono power-supplies; FM Acoustics preamp & FM-511 mk II monblock poweramps; Driving a beatiful pair of Avalon Acoustics Isis in Burr Walnut. And using Kubala Sosna Emotion & Expression cables throughout.

In fact. I recall he had 20ft plus lengths of Emotion balanced XLR interconnects running between the preamp, on his beautiful custom-made component rack, & the poweramps next to the speakers. BTW.

I was subsequently told that he's also an avid Accuphase enthusiast. With an Accuphase system in another dedicated room.

Well. I guess there's no harm in dreamin'!

Regards.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Babur72 said:
I haven't heard a system using the Clear Light cables yet, but i have had the good fortune to listen to a few with the Cross, Golden Cross &/or Golden Reference cables. Have you experienced the Clear Light cabłes for yourself?

No, I have the Golden Cross, which I like.

There are a couple of folks on here who have the Clear Light.....Singslinger, who has very similar taste to me; and Krlock3:

Post 11 - http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/can-you-damage-a-cable-by-plugging-it-into-the-wrong-socket?page=1

Post 15 - http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/why-some-speaker-cables-sound-different-in-laymans-terms?page=3

Acalex, while doing a lot of cable testing, also heard it (and liked it more than the GC, which he found too warm with Jadis and SF): http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/new-amplifier-my-long-journey?page=48

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
This promises to be an arduous week.

Electrocompaniet tomorrow (ECI5 MkII, and EC4.7 pre plus AW120 power).

Lavardin IT and Krell 550i on Friday morning.

Friday afternoon chez Mac to listen to his Accuphase E350.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
This promises to be an arduous week.

Electrocompaniet tomorrow (ECI5 MkII, and EC4.7 pre plus AW120 power).

Lavardin IT and Krell 550i on Friday morning.

Friday afternoon chez Mac to listen to his Accuphase E350.

That's about as arduous as a tour of a Harem. :grin:

Chez Mac will be hard to beat. :read:

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

Well said. However ...

... harem tours are all very well, but they don't go on forever (more's the pity). Eventually you have to settle down with your chosen one. And the prospect of choice hangs over the tour. Hence the arduousness. ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
CnoEvil said:

Well said. However ...

... harem tours are all very well, but they don't go on forever (more's the pity). Eventually you have to settle down with your chosen one. And the prospect of choice hangs over the tour. Hence the arduousness. ;)

Just get the one that titillates you the most........Simples.
evil.png

:poke: AMS 35i :shifty:

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
matt49 said:
CnoEvil said:

Well said. However ...

evil.png

It's on the list, don't worry :exmark:

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
matt49 said:
CnoEvil said:
matt49 said:
CnoEvil said:

Well said. However ...

evil.png

Well, if nothing else, the AMS will keep you warm at night!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
CnoEvil said:
matt49 said:
CnoEvil said:

Well said. However ...

evil.png

It's just my none to subtle tactic for expanding the "35 Club". :twisted:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts