worth changing from Neat Motive 3 to EB2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have got this set up for the last three years:

Naim Cd 5i + Nait 5i Amp + Neat Motive 3 speakers + Naim cables and interconnect.

Been very happy about it most of time apart from occasional slight over bright sound from the speakers and slight mess on some really complex music.

Heard a lot of good things about the EB2 speakers lately and I am wondering whether it is worth changing the speakers to EB2s. I have prepared to wait for them if they are really better.

Any opnions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Too much of a sideways of not backwards step IMO

Both are great speakers but the Neat 3's really have a superb soundstage to them

IMO change the cables; I've herard the Naim 5i amp with it's matching CDP and the Rega Apollo CDP with some B&W CM7's, Neat Motive 3's & 2's and some PMC GB1i's using Naims own cables and the Chord Oddyssey 2 speaker cable & Chord ChameleonPlus & a Black Rhodium 'Prelude' speaker cable and they made a lot of difference (a better more rounded soundstage that calmed the top end down and opened up the bottem end more)

Do you have an idea of budget; have you thought about stepping up to the likes of the Neat Motive 2's or the PMC GB1i's etc... Even the B&W CM8's would be a good match IMO

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your replies guys. I don't a plan to upgrade the system because if I upgrade the speakers to another class the I would probably want to upgrade the cd and amp to match as well. I am kind of happy with the system apart from the small issues mentioned. Would like to have a change but within the same class, I would be happy with a small upwards step if it gets rid of the over brightness. Since eb2 was reviewed as the top of the class, I wonder anyone has any experience on learning to them. Eb accoustic is in favor of naim component too so it should be a good match. But wonder it would be a little better than my neat and resolve the issues I have.

ByronWarwick said:
Thanks for all your replies guys. I don't a plan to upgrade the system because if I upgrade the speakers to another class the I would probably want to upgrade the cd and amp to match as well. I am kind of happy with the system apart from the small issues mentioned. Would like to have a change but within the same class, I would be happy with a small upwards step if it gets rid of the over brightness. Since eb2 was reviewed as the top of the class, I wonder anyone has any experience on learning to them. Eb accoustic is in favor of naim component too so it should be a good match. But wonder it would be a little better than my neat and resolve the issues I have.

Neats and Naim are a fabulous match. Hi-fi is all about synergy and Neat, PMC, MonoPulse, Dynaudio are all cracking matches. As an outsider, look at Totem. Only heard the Arro on my Pulse and blew me away.

ByronWarwick said:

Neats and Naim are a fabulous match. Hi-fi is all about synergy and Neat, PMC, MonoPulse, Dynaudio are all cracking matches. As an outsider, look at Totem. Only heard the Arro on my Pulse and blew me away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts