AVI DM10 and change of direction.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shadders

MajorFubar said:
shadders said:
As you can see, nothing but positive vibes. I really don't know what you are talking about.

Regards,

Shadders.
Sorry but when I get character assisinated for no reason that I can figure whatsoever then I will defend myself.
Hi,

It's ok, I know you must defend yourself, it was quite funny given the statements from ellisdj.

Regards,

Shadders.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
shadders said:
As you can see, nothing but positive vibes. I really don't know what you are talking about.

Regards,

Shadders.
Sorry but when I get character assisinated for no reason that I can figure whatsoever then I will defend myself.

1) Click on its profile.

2) Check out its other posts and you will establish it follows a pattern of unpleasantness.

3) Don't feed it again.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
shadders said:
MajorFubar said:
shadders said:

Regards,

Shadders.
Hi,

It's ok, I know you must defend yourself, it was quite funny given the statements from ellisdj.

Regards,

Shadders.

Yeah I know mate...I can't even think who this person is, why he appears to even know about me and why he seems intent on destroying my credibility.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip said:
1) Click on its profile.

2) Check out its other posts and you will establish it follows a pattern of unpleasantness.

3) Don't feed it again.

I would just have ignored it but when established members like InfinateLoop think there might be some truth to it I feel I have to retaliate.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
tonky said:
One question - does the DM10 really need a sub woofer?

Generally for most music and media a subwoofer certainlly isn't needed. The DM10s have plenty of bass down to about 60Hz as you would expect from most mid-sized 6.5" speakers.

However if you want to physically feel the bass kick in your chest then adding a subwoofer is worthwhile. IME where EDM and movies are concerned the difference is easily noticable but with other music genres it only makes a small and subtle difference.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
How are the ADM10s at 'moderate' (or even low) volume levels?

I am currently enjoying the best low-moderate volume performance that I have heard in a very long time (decades), with speakers that love being in corners (about four inches away from walls at rear and sides) and were designed as such.

I suppose I am asking what happened if your 'reference' volume level was set on the middle to loud bits. Would the quiet parts still be audible?

Thanks.

Yeah they seem to be...it's strange. There appears to be much greater dynamics than I had experienced with my previous system but I haven't noticed this manifesting itself as a lack of clarity during quieter passages or at quiter volumes. I'm very open to fellow HiFi enthusiasts popping round for a pre-arranged listen to judge for themselves, but I fear my remoteness here in the wilderness of coastal north Lancashire will be prohibitive for many.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
I would just have ignored it but when established members like InfinateLoop think there might be some truth to it I feel I have to retaliate.

I'd get used to the verbal abuse from complete strangers if I were you. Once you own a pair AVI speakers people who you've never met before will automatically hate you with a deep passion for no reason other than your choice of hifi equipment. It's a bizarre phenomenon.

Jimmy the Saint

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah if I remember correctly The Major paid 60% of full retail for the speakers , a standard discount for ex-demo / open box stock.

He has then sold them on for 60% of what he paid for them, a fair 2nd hand price , so I see no wrong doing there.

I'm also a member of the AVi forum and have seen him post there , didn't see him post any begging letters.

So lets see the links

James

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Strange really because having posted the exact same review on both forums last night I didn't expect any hassle. I'm not interested in conflict over hifi gear. Jeez I can only imagine that those who thrive on creating it and nurturing it clearly don't have any real worries away from their virtual internet-based existence. Go listen to some records for God's sake and get a life.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
People who post unfounded lies and personal character assassinations shouldn't be allowed to hide behind the anonymity of a pseudo ID then run away without fear of recompense until their colons feel like opening again to let more **** out. Or maybe I just bite too easily and have responded in exactly the way he had hoped.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Gazzip said:
1) Click on its profile.

3) Don't feed it again.

Thankfully, I think it's cleared up now, Major.

Gazzip said:
MajorFubar said:
shadders said:

Regards,

Shadders.

1) Click on its profile.

3) Don't feed it again.

Spot on, but I am not certain where Major fed it in the first place. I've had a similar antagonist on my back in the past, fortunately mine was banned.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
Spot on, but I am not certain where Major fed it in the first place. I've had a similar antagonist on my back in the past, fortunately mine was banned.

Maybe it's the ugly fat moose with bad BO that tried to chat me up for sex in a nightclub when I was a young man and I told her I was gay to get her off my case, and she's tracked me down through the use of my real name on the HDD forum. Twenty eight years is a long time to be still carrying the hurt though. And she didn't even tell me she was a HiFi enthusiast either; I may well have reconsidered.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
so you needed to hear it from 'one of your own', makes all the difference does it? Because the rest of the positive reviews are all to be disbelieved. hence making many of those reviewers damn right liars I suppose?!

It's a superbly well written and informative review but it mirrors countless other reviews that are every bit as real life and believable. God this must be a bitter pill for some swallow... where's LindsayT informing the Major his words mean something completely different, that in reality, the Major doesn't know what he enjoys sonically? And whilst I'm at it, well done Shadders, not arguing the power ratings for once.

This forum's entirely personality driven because for any other reviewer there'd be suggestions that they're either a plant, got cloth ears or are simply being dishonest applied, it's laughable.

On the contrary luckylion100.

I don't think I've ever heard EB2's. But based on my listening tests of AVI speakers, I find it very easy to accept majorfubars judgement that the DM10's with sub sound significantly better than the EB2's. There will be absolutely no argument from me on that on that score.

In future, when you mention my name specifically on this forum, can you please restrict your comments to things I have actually said instead of things that YOU IMAGINE I might say?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Gazzip said:
MajorFubar said:
shadders said:

Regards,

Shadders.

1) Click on its profile.

3) Don't feed it again.

There are two or three people on here who are simply not worth engaging with, there is no point wasting your time.

Accordingly I simply engage my mental 'ignore button' in such cases, whatever the provocation. I have found this to be fundamental to keeping my very dry humour and somewhat acerbic nature (mostly) under control.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
davedotco said:
There are two or three people on here who are simply not worth engaging with, there is no point wasting your time.

Accordingly I simply engage my mental 'ignore button' in such cases, whatever the provocation. I have found this to be fundamental to keeping my very dry humour and somewhat acerbic nature (mostly) under control.

wise advice but when established members like infinateloop were concerned there was some truth to it I felt obliged to defend.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
shadders said:
Hi ellisdj,

Regards,

Shadders.
Only Just seen this - how funny and impeccable timing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts