What have you done Cno?....now I believe in Black Ravioli

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
I'm not sure you're takin' this too far.

Not at all,lol. Kop this and trust me i tell you no lies.

I know a guy who lives/lived (prolly dead now as he was getting on a bit at the time) in an old Victorian house with a cellar.

So heres what he did. Decided on his speakers positions then drilled holes through the floor boards. Nailed 2" dia steel bars through the holes and via a welded on plate or 3, to cellar floor. Back in the lounge he bolted pre drilled slabs of concrete block to the four bars sticking up through the floor. Then plonked his speakers on em !. Job done, one suspended floor out of the equation. I kid you not with this.

His missus was chuffed to f*** !!. He said to me " if she wants to take em out then she can" lol.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
I have my speakers plonked straght down on the deck , no spikes. Couldnt hear a blind bit of difference using spikes so in the bits and bobs box they went. Try it Rob , nowt to loose have ye.

Lost nothin' except me spikes. Has it improved tho? Maybe that Placi domino effect? Bass a bit tighter? mid clearer? Strings stringier? Off for me meds and the bungee guys dropped in.

Cheers

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
RobinKidderminster said:
Off for me meds and the bungee guys dropped in.

Cheers

Are you sure it wouldn't work out better the other way round! >)

Fine

In dropped guys bungee the and meds me for off.

But seriously. None of these tweeks are of significance compared with . . . da da daaaaaa . . .

bass traps.

Wanna buy some ready mix and bungee cord?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts