Black Ravioli

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
idc said:
The_Lhc is right (as in correct, not to the right :) )

Just because a group of people believe something is true does not make it true. Otherwsie UFOs and Bigfoot are true. To show something is true requires testing and evidence. Otherwise what we have is the big missing link in many of the claims about hifi, no consistent and inherant effect on sound quality by the product under discussion.

The makers of Black Ravioli fail, just like much of the audiophile industry to submit their products for independent rigourous scientific testing. All they can do is suggest a link and hope others also hear what they suggest.

Agree. Waste of money and time.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Ok just to share my experience with br pads and spacers.When I put the pads with spacers under cdp feet I did'nt hear much difference. Then put them directly under cdp bypassing the feet and the magic started!Wider soundstage,more defined mids and highs but less edgy(tamed a bit of the brightness). I put another 4 under power amp and 3 on the hicap and same result as the cdp but more on everything but the bass just overwhelmed. So I removed 1 from the power amp just to make them 3 in a triangle position and it sounded more balance. Now under the pre amp,the smile on my face is gone cause everything just collapsed!I don't know why but the sound was ruined.So I moved them from the pre to the napsc and everything comes back to life!IMO the black ravioli won't work in every system components like mine.So a home demo is a must before parting your cash.BTW I only paid £15 each from my local dealer as ex display:bounce:

This pretty much matches my experience. Under some things it makes a good improvement; some little or none; while others, it makes worse.....and they must be placed under the chassis.

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Cno

iceman16

CnoEvil said:
iceman16 said:
Ok just to share my experience with br pads and spacers.When I put the pads with spacers under cdp feet I did'nt hear much difference. Then put them directly under cdp bypassing the feet and the magic started!Wider soundstage,more defined mids and highs but less edgy(tamed a bit of the brightness). I put another 4 under power amp and 3 on the hicap and same result as the cdp but more on everything but the bass just overwhelmed. So I removed 1 from the power amp just to make them 3 in a triangle position and it sounded more balance. Now under the pre amp,the smile on my face is gone cause everything just collapsed!I don't know why but the sound was ruined.So I moved them from the pre to the napsc and everything comes back to life!IMO the black ravioli won't work in every system components like mine.So a home demo is a must before parting your cash.BTW I only paid £15 each from my local dealer as ex display:bounce:

This pretty much matches my experience. Under some things it makes a good improvement; some little or none; while others, it makes worse.....and they must be placed under the chassis.

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Cno
You're welcome Cno:)

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy . . . seen this 'head in the sand' before, in other threads recently and thirty'od years ago, nothing changes? . . . I'm out of here . . . :O

CJSF

idc

The question you have to ask yourself when contemplating something like Black Ravioli is

Is it worth buying a product that has been subjected to no proper testing whatsoever with only the suggestion that it will work?

I think that answer is

Only if you can get your money back!

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
idc said:
The question you have to ask yourself when contemplating something like Black Ravioli is

Is it worth buying a product that has been subjected to no proper testing whatsoever with only the suggestion that it will work?

I think that answer is

Only if you can get your money back!

I think thats fair . . . even a positive move forward . . . 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts