Forget WHF ‘Star’ ratings. I give you: ‘Wife’ ratings!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Out of interest, what was visionary searching for when he found this thread? :)

"5 star wives"

"Star wife ratings"

"WHF wives" ? :)

Not giving away ALL my secrets >)

Actually just picked it off the "most recent posts" I'm sorry, I wasn't anal enough to bother to check the date on it

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
npoguy said:
Unfortunately, I'll never get past "0" because my wife is too fixated on the Harmony remote being too complicated--who cares about the sound! I'm sunk if I have to start every evening with me saying "all you do is press the TV button". Literally, every night...

Carp! I just bought one of those to make things "simpler"!

I range from 1 wife to 3 wives. Although only in private. In public she always says she can't tell the difference!

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Major Fubar Great post very funny :rofl: I missed it when you posted it I was away playing with my new Jag :grin: The good lady is busy in the kitchin getting the Sunday Roast on I am not keen on Hospital food so I will wait until shes in a good mood before letting her read you post :rofl:I am sure she will be amused :grin:

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Great idea of changing the stars to wives rating!

I'm at the 5 wives rating right now, but it took some time switching cables to make her hear the difference in highs between the MA RX8 and Boston M25. But she thinks it sounds much better now with a wider soundstage too. So while she was still impressed with the improvements she could actually hear, I took the liberty to buy another pair of M25's and an MCenter so the better sound is also audible when watching movies, and she was even oké with that. And she doesn't even mind the RX8's are still standing in the living room too!! :grin: Now I only have to explain why I bought a new sub.... Guess I'll use the "it's the same colour of the speakers, so it looks better"-line.... It that doesn't work, I'll let her feel the difference and turn up the volume. Maybe that would suffice too.

TRENDING THREADS