Things I have that you probably want.

Terry Bruce

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi to All,

I've registered on this site so that I can let the right people know of a couple of oldies but goodies that have been loitering in my loft for longer than I care to remember and I'm sure a true enthusiast would be happy to aquire some of them, especially as I'm prepared to donate some of them to a worthy cause.

Valves, I have

4 X Mullard EL34 with Made in Great Britain printed on them.

4 X Mullard GZ34 with Made in Great Britain printed on them.

2 X GZ33/37 I don't recognise the makers logo so I'll see if I can post a photo

10 X Mullard ECF82

4 X Mullard ECF80

2 X Mullard ECC82

12 X Mullard ECC86

8 X Mullard EF91

10 X Mullard EF86

1 X Mullard EB91

5 X Mullard 6BQ7A

20 X Brimar 6060

7 X Brimar 6AL5

6 X Mullard 90C1

12 X Mullard 150C4

As far as I know they are all unused except for the four EL34's which I removed from my HiFi amp (Radford STA25 I think) and replaced them with a new set just cos I had them. So this set were working perfectly when last run.

I also have a pair of Lowther Hornload 20 cabinet speakers which haven't run for about 20 years but since then they have been carefully stored and should have come to no harm. I hate to see these go but well, after 20 years and I still don't need them I'd be happier to know that someone is enjoying them as much as I did.

I know the EL34, GZ34 and GZ37's do command good money but I'll give no guarantees and so I'll be happy to post them but I'll get a quote for the postage and will want to see proof of it being covered before I send anything out, I think that's reasonable. So, who's gonna get 'em?

Regards Terry.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I think he meant it as a 'give away', well mostly, unless I am mistaken.

(Just shuffling things around and getting my bright yellow fluffy duster out for a nice patch ready to receive the valve amplifier ... )

Very generous I am sure but you are on the wrong forum as no trading allowed on here I believe. However giving them away may not count.

'Tis a pity because I might have been interested in the EL34's if you had eight of them.

Terry Bruce

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
If they're going to be used and appreciated then I'll be happy, email me a postcode and I'll find out postage costs cos they're not small, maybe collection is easier, I'm in Essex and I ain't pulling anyones plonker, I genuinely have to clear out unused stuff and if it can help someone to enjoy their passion then it'll make me feel good too.

terry@terrybruce.co.uk

Terry Bruce

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure all the valves are good but as I can't offer any guarantees it would be wrong to expect anyone to pay out for what could be rubbish. Anyway, I might come out of it a few hundred quid better off but it's a lot of messing about so after all this time they don't owe me anything so why not see if I can give a few people a helping hand, I wish there had been someone that could have helped me sometimes so as I've got the opportunity I'll help if I can.

And the reason I haven't mentioned a valve amp is cos there ain't one, if there was I'm not sure I could let it go.

My apologies, I didn't know about the 'no trading' rule but as I'm donating stuff then maybe the powers that be can turn a blind eye to postage costs, I promise not to ask for more than the true cost and, lets be serious, if I have to pay the postage then it just ain't gonna happen.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I vote for Al Ears getting the tubes.
thumbs_up.gif
And the Lowthers if there are any. He is the perfect guy for this type of gear.

If there is large inheritance from a kidnapped Nigerian prince, send that to me.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I have complete democracy in my land. Could not dream of a better thing to have.

Please other members of the group, be aware that there is a 50/50 chance that this could be a scam and go with the care that is needed in such situations.

Terry Bruce said:
I'm sure all the valves are good but as I can't offer any guarantees it would be wrong to expect anyone to pay out for what could be rubbish. Anyway, I might come out of it a few hundred quid better off but it's a lot of messing about so after all this time they don't owe me anything so why not see if I can give a few people a helping hand, I wish there had been someone that could have helped me sometimes so as I've got the opportunity I'll help if I can.

And the reason I haven't mentioned a valve amp is cos there ain't one, if there was I'm not sure I could let it go.

My apologies, I didn't know about the 'no trading' rule but as I'm donating stuff then maybe the powers that be can turn a blind eye to postage costs, I promise not to ask for more than the true cost and, lets be serious, if I have to pay the postage then it just ain't gonna happen.

I am sure this would not be classified as 'trading', it's a very kind offer in my view.

Vladimir said:
I vote for Al Ears getting the tubes. And the Lowthers if there are any. He is the perfect guy for this type of gear.

If there is large inheritance from a kidnapped Nigerian prince, send that to me.

:)

Lowther? Where the heck would I put them? And don't say a corner.

The only valves I use these days are in my power amp. Wouldn't mind that large inheritance though, sod bank account details, just send a cheque.

Terry Bruce

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I understand the scam warning by 'NSA_watch_my_toilet' (a thought provoking user name). Of course, I know that I'm genuine but I would say that wouldn't I. What can I say, email me and I'll mail you my mobile number, there must be a way to alay any worries.

terry@terrybruce.co.uk

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Vladimir said:
I vote for Al Ears getting the tubes. And the Lowthers if there are any. He is the perfect guy for this type of gear.

The only valves I use these days are in my power amp. Wouldn't mind that large inheritance though, sod bank account details, just send a cheque.

Put them where your current speakers are. Send the Zens to me for storage.
scratch2.gif.pagespeed.ce.1U9UVuzf_e.gif

Vladimir said:
Al ears said:
Vladimir said:

Put them where your current speakers are. Send the Zens to me for storage.

Now why didn't I think of that? Maybe because I don't have any zense. :)

Cannot find out much about these speakers but if they are anything like the Bicor 20 they aren't going to fit.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If you guys have PayPal you can exchange money that way without needing to share any bank details.

Or even if you do a straight bank transfer it's still safe. The seller will obviously learn what your name, account number and sort code is but there's nothing that can be done with just this information on it's own. The worst that he could do is pay money into your account with it. (Obviously don't give him the 16 digit card number, the 3 digit number of the back, the expiry date or you pin number).

If you're that worried you could even pay to have it delivered to the post office and collect it from there so that you can keep your address anonymous.

Still, for peace of mind I suggest that PayPal would be the best option.

Terry Bruce

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
That's very sound advice steve_1979. Personally I am happy to use Paypal for any transactions and in fact I'd prefer that any monitary dealings go through them, I've never had any security issues with Paypal.

The dimensions of the Lowther Hornloads are:-

Width 460mm

Depth 370mm

Height 830mm

Terry.

Terry Bruce

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
A while ago I listed some valves and things that I would give to those in need. I had one chap to which I sent the Lowther speakers, unfortunately they were partially damaged by the courier, but my point is this. There were a couple of others that said they would like some of the valves but never followed it up. I'm trying to be nice here but why do I have to work at it. If I don't get at least some of these where they belong then they will be dumped as I've no use for them, I thought you lot were enthusiasts so come on and do something about it.

Terry (terry@terrybruce.co.uk)

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Terry Bruce said:
A while ago I listed some valves and things that I would give to those in need. I had one chap to which I sent the Lowther speakers, unfortunately they were partially damaged by the courier, but my point is this. There were a couple of others that said they would like some of the valves but never followed it up. I'm trying to be nice here but why do I have to work at it. If I don't get at least some of these where they belong then they will be dumped as I've no use for them, I thought you lot were enthusiasts so come on and do something about it.

?

Terry    (terry@terrybruce.co.uk)

Hi Terry. Thanks for sending me the Lowther's. It's very unfortunate that the courier wasn't as careful with them as they perhaps could have been. I just wanted to reply to let everyone know that this is a genuine offer from someone who is simply doing a good deed!

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Terry Bruce said:

Terry (terry@terrybruce.co.uk)

Hi Terry,

I can give the Mullard ECC82's a good home.

I'll email you.

Terry Bruce

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks James, I have to admit that it was a bit upsetting to hear that they got damaged, I suppose I could have done more to protect things but how far do you really have to go. I hope it wasn't a complete waste of effort. Hopefully your comment will encourage a few responses. I would hate to just bin them all but I don't see the point in keeping them if nobody wants them.

Regards Terry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts