Anyone have any experience with Black Ravioli isolation?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
If you want to hear the.effects of.isolation go to the.nordost room at thw.bristol show this year

If anyine.went last year they may.have seen a.demo where they played a track on a cd player then lift the player onto their cone feet whatever they are called and played the same track again

The.same song sounded quite different

The cd player was already ontop of an equipment rack

I.am.sure they will do the same demo this year

I looked for Nordost cones on their website and couldn't find them. Perhaps you could post a link.

I did however find a magic spray, that appears to improve everything with just a simple application every couple of weeks. Quite a remarkable advance in HiFi technology.

http://www.nordost.com/products/accessories/eco-3/eco-3.php

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
andyjm said:
I looked for Nordost cones on their website and couldn't find them. Perhaps you could post a link.

I did however find a magic spray, that appears to improve everything with just a simple application every couple of weeks. Quite a remarkable advance in HiFi technology.

That magic oofle dust is so much more convenient to use in spray form. ;)

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
What's important from my perspective if BR works at all is whether or not something vastly cheaper would work equally well, nearly as well or better. Snake oil in an aerosol - now how cool is that? I wonder if any vendor has had the sense of humour to dare call a liquid solution Snake Oil? That would really impress me!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
busb said:
What's important from my perspective if BR works at all is whether or not something vastly cheaper would work equally well, nearly as well or better.

Now that is a good question, and I'm not sure I can answer it.

With my local dealer, Valhalla Technology products are much cheaper and more popular.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
ellisdj said:
Think these were them - go to Bristol and hear yourself

http://www.nordost.com/products/sort-systems/sort-kone/sort-kone.php

Are they £325 each or is that for 4?

No idea - i also didnt say they made the system sound better - but it def sounded different i wasnt listening in the correct seat but heard a difference for sure.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I was going to suggest you use jriver and jplay

Then control with an ipad using jremote.

No need to touch conputer then except to turn it on

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
BigH said:
ellisdj said:
Think these were them - go to Bristol and hear yourself

http://www.nordost.com/products/sort-systems/sort-kone/sort-kone.php

Are they £325 each or is that for 4?

No idea - i also didnt say they made the system sound better - but it def sounded different i wasnt listening in the correct seat but heard a difference for sure.

Its sems that is each so £1,300 thats about as much as my whole system cost, so not for me.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
andyjm said:

The Nordost spray is very similar to this Servisol product .

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/servisol-anti-static-spray-200ml-re73q

Which by the way does actually work :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
busb said:
What's important from my perspective if BR works at all is whether or not something vastly cheaper would work equally well, nearly as well or better. Snake oil in an aerosol - now how cool is that? I wonder if any vendor has had the sense of humour to dare call a liquid solution Snake Oil? That would really impress me!

Certainly the vastly cheaper Acoustifeet work just as well under my speakers as the BR.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
steve_1979 said:
andyjm said:

Nordost say that spraying it on the label side of a CD will improve the sound quality. :doh: :wall: :help:

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
Certainly the vastly cheaper Acoustifeet work just as well under my speakers as the BR.

Mac

Did you try the BR under your CDP or Amp? - I can't remember.

Yes, though they were the big feet and it was the last accessorie slipped in at the end of a home demo with others such as pc's i.c's and sc's, so quite tricky to deduce what value they added...

don't get me wrong, I'm not poo pooing the BR, , but they are rediculously expensive and certainly in the case of the small feet that would have cost me well over £100 instead of less than a fiver for the Acoustifeet, the latter are just as good.

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Yes, though they were the big feet and it was the last accessorie slipped in at the end of a home demo with others such as pc's i.c's and sc's, so quite tricky to deduce what value they added...

don't get me wrong, I'm not poo pooing the BR, , but they are rediculously expensive and certainly in the case of the small feet that would have cost me well over £100 instead of less than a fiver for the Acoustifeet, the latter are just as good.

Mac

Thx Mac.

I only asked as they would normally be put under the source first. In my case, I didn't like the effect of the Big Feet.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Electro said:
steve_1979 said:
andyjm said:

Nordost say that spraying it on the label side of a CD will improve the sound quality. :doh: :wall: :help:

I'm not going to claim either product will improve sound quality but the sevisol spray does stop static building up in the Cd disc which can sometimes jump to earth especially in humid weather they also stay dust free for far longer especially after a clean.

Servisol also recommend spraying it on Lp's to eliminate static but I prefer to use a zerostat gun :) .

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your responses, I wanted to reply before but I was travelling...

^^^ I have been wanting to go to the Bristol Show for ages, but I stay far away so that sort of rules it out... :(

Anyway, I started this thread to ask if anyone had any experience with Black Ravioli, because i have never used them in my equipment, and I use people's experiences as a guide if not the final verdict for myself to use the product. This is what I said originally "I've found mostly with the hifi products I've used, that the isolation feet they are equipped with originally do the best job", I have never felt that any isolation was required other than the feet fitted underneath the amp or cd player, but that's only for the hifi equipment I've owned in the past, I don't think I would dismiss people's opinions that isolation products have made a huge difference in their system. Cno's previous posts and his write up have been really interesting and have been really helpful! Thanks Cno! :)

I completely agree with chebby when he says the need for isolation would be required only in the sort of conditions similar to the 'turntable on a subwoofer' kind... Even if I use any isolation products there are far too many minute intricacies to think about exactly why it might not actually work and why it seems like its all fairy dust! Weight distribution, internal temperature of the components etc. etc. There are just too many variables for little gel pads to affect the sound...

However, whether I use vibrapods, acoustifeet or any other isolation products in some way or the other i have found a change, after listening for quite some time... I can see whre Cno is coming from, and I could hear a mild change whenever i've used any isolation products. Though I have to say Nordost have been exptremely expensive to even get my hands on... Therefore, I feel being objective about these things is the best thing to be! Whether or not they require running in or anything that sounds as strange as that, if it improves the sound of the hifi system it's placed in, I'd be happy! It's all about the sound of our music anyway! I feel new things are being discovered everyday, even in this industry, and we must be open (not gullible) to new technologies. Sure there would be companies who would try to con people with ridiculous claims, but at the end of the day, our ears are the only judge. I know this sounds way too idealistic and preachy! But I have learnt this in HiFi that sometimes things that sound suspect initially, have an extremely complex and convoluted science that gets covered in wrong and misleading advertisements.

I have to share this! Once when I purchased the NaimFraim, my dealer told me that after the equipment had been run in for over a month, I should 'sex' the glass of the fraim. Because apparently, it sounds hard at some edges and extremely bright at the others... That bewildered me! i had no idea that would work... it's a different story that I never fully tried it because I hate moving my system once its settled... There were several audiophiles and Naim users in the area who apparently believed in that! They repeated the same experiences, of apparent 'hardness' and 'brightness' of sound... But if anyone knows about this... Kindly enlighten me!

I would totally love the idea of tweaking a system making it sound better, i'm open to it! New things are being introduced everyday and if a product like BR does what it says i'm all for it! I wasn't sure if satellite speakers could sound good until KEF introduced the KEF eggs! It changed my view towards these high placed wall mounted satellite speakers. Once along the way, comes a product that does things much better than its competitors and it changes everything!

I know starting threads like this will start a debate since this is known to be one of the 'dark arts' area of hifi... but I think talking about these things will get us closer to understanding how these things actually work if they do at all, because of everyone's experiences! :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
hone_u2 said:
...I have to share this! Once when I purchased the NaimFraim, my dealer told me that after the equipment had been run in for over a month, I should 'sex' the glass of the fraim. Because apparently, it sounds hard at some edges and extremely bright at the others...

Foo alert! :hand:

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
hone_u2 said:
...I have to share this! Once when I purchased the NaimFraim, my dealer told me that after the equipment had been run in for over a month, I should 'sex' the glass of the fraim. Because apparently, it sounds hard at some edges and extremely bright at the others...

Foo alert! :hand:

That's what I thought too! :D

hone_u2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Did you try the Auralex, and if so, did it make any difference?

Hey I just got back home and saw that I had put the subdude 'HT' under my Q Series sub in a way that I can't really get it out from the area... I think I have a subdude II in storage, I'll try that soon hopefully. :)

I was just wondering, have you had any experience with their sonomatts?

Also, have you tried anything like this before... http://www.soundacousticsolutions.com/products/category/silent-impact-underlayment/silentimpact-underlayment-sirr-/2739

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
hone_u2 said:
Hey I just got back home and saw that I had put the subdude 'HT' under my Q Series sub in a way that I can't really get it out from the area... I think I have a subdude II in storage, I'll try that soon hopefully. :)

I was just wondering, have you had any experience with their sonomatts?

Also, have you tried anything like this before... http://www.soundacousticsolutions.com/products/category/silent-impact-underlayment/silentimpact-underlayment-sirr-/2739

Nope, sorry.

I suspect Sorbothane sheets from Ebay might be better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts