Tri-Arbour Racks

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I was thinking about getting a tri-arbour rack for my 5 cyrus boxes, but was wondering if they were any good sonically?

My Hifi is housed in a G-Plan 1970's tv stand at the moment with slate slabs under each box and some squishy feet things. I have seen the racks for syrus and they do make the items look smart, but do they cut it at say £350 or is it better to get another type of hifi rack?

Cheers

sweety7272

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
First point would be that there is one official supplier for the Cyrus branded Tri-arbour racks. And probably a few others that will turn you out a reasonable replica...

I used Hifiracks.co.uk for my own rack (ie not official Tri-arbour), and it looks splendid and was made to a bespoke design (4 shoebox holes in a 2x2 formation and a flat top for putting cups of tea and a lamp on....or maybe a TT one day!).

This replaced a £7 ikea wooden thingummy that had definitely had its day. I had some limited expectations of an improvement in sound quality, but have to say that by the time I'd swapped all the boxes/cables/gubbins around, and plugged it all back in, I seriously couldn't hear the slightest bit of difference.

I'm sure there are differences of opinion about how much difference the isolation makes to the sound, but frankly if there was any I couldn't tell.

But, as a nice piece of furniture that keeps the whole thing looking neat and tidy I would highly recommend it, and thought the price very reasonable given the bespoke design and hand crafting. There is of course also a side benefit of putting a lid on my opportunities for increasing the box count ... no room to sneak in a couple of PSXs!

So it's worth shopping around, and also worth thinking about aesthetic value rather than sound improvement would be my thoughts on the matter.

michael hoy

potboyslim said:
Hi All,

I was thinking about getting a tri-arbour rack for my 5 cyrus boxes, but was wondering if they were any good sonically?

My Hifi is housed in a G-Plan 1970's tv stand at the moment with slate slabs under each box and some squishy feet things. I have seen the racks for syrus and they do make the items look smart, but do they cut it at say £350 or is it better to get another type of hifi rack?

Cheers

Give this guy a try Simon Little

Quote from his web site "After that initial commission Simon entered into a very successful collaboration with Cyrus Electronics, manufacturers of high class hi-fi with fantastic sound quality (check out their web site), producing the "Tri-Arbour"

Messiah

I think the components look good in the tri-arbour stand:

2933050306_3f4ef58a76.jpg

Did it make a difference to the sound?? Don't think so. I am very sceptical about items like this having any dramatic effect on the sound, if any.

I would keep an eye on ebay as well. I picked up my stand for about £80.

A

Anonymous

My own view is that the only genuine tri arbour is that endorsed by Cyrus themselves and that is the one produced by Simon Little. Any rack that doesn't have the Cyrus badge on them is not a genuine tri arbour. Yes, you can get cheaper "Rip off" alternatives but they are unlikely to be of the same quality and durability as those produced by Simon. I have one of Simon's racks and a couple of his other products as well (the cd/dvd rack and a pair of speaker stands). All are top quality, delivery was swift for a bespoke product and Simon is a pleasure to deal with.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Any good sonically? The rack isn't something you can listen to, and what is the likelihood of a rack specifically produced for Cyrus and used by 1000s of people having a deleterious effect on sound anyway? None. If you like the look of it (towering Cyrus boxes), it fits in your room and you can afford it, buy it. If the isolation it provides your equipment improves the sound in your room to your ears, bonus.

As the above posts say, Simon Little will customise the racks for you as well. Perhaps he will also be able to tell you how they perform "sonically".

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
(some freezing problems here techies) glass rack is less than ideal with the old shoeboxes, has anyone ever heard a difference in sound in using cyrus on any other medium?cyrus,,,,,,,

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have 5 Cyrus boxes.

Had a metal frame, glass shelf rack. Now have an oak TV stand with everything on/in that.

I noticed no obvious difference sonically even though the room has been moved around a little bit, but the speakers pretty much in the same place.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
thankyou fenner, i guess theres a lot of rumours that people like to start, i thought i was kinda circumspect about these things till the little devils of suggestion manifested themselves, i am glad donald fagens trumpet sounded like a trumpet, (i'm sure i'm sane) on a nice little piece

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts