NVA Cube 2 review

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
savvypaul said:
lpv said:
savvypaul said:
I have no connection to Mr Dunn other than purchasing a Balanced Mains Unit from him a few weeks ago.

clearly you have agenda..

I have nothing to lose or gain. I have nothing to hide. I bought a balanced mains unit from Mr Dunn a few weeks ago. That is my one and only connection to NVA. I joined the HFS forum just after I bought the BMU. My only agenda here is to inform anyone who reads this thread. You're barking up the wrong tree.

So perhaps you just 'noticed' that NVA was being discussed on this forum? I see you where not a member until yesterday.

Perhaps we could get your review of the BMU, it might be more 'interesting'.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Vector said:
All this over one bad review. Not even a magazine reviewer in a publication, but an enthusiast who agreed to do this at NVAs request. Part of the deal,is posting a review. Whilst Richard initially took it well, others on HFS were rude and nasty. It wasn't long before it escalated.

Now there are half the active membership over here defending bad behaviour and trying to rubbish the one bad review. You get the feeling that it's like crossing the Moonies.

Seriously if deep holes have been dug it's NVA doing the digging. Can't they see how off putting it is to a loan scheme when you attack the one person so far who doesn't like your product? What sort of message does that send? Remember You HAVE to write a review. It's part of the deal.

Now what happens to the next person who's not keen? Do they report honestly and risk the wrath of "Captain Mainwaring and Dad's Army" or do they write something positive to avoid flak. Or do they simply not bother to try NVA? Go figure.

Ok - so I swear I am not on any other forum and I have no agenda, well other than having some cash in my back pocket to spend. Maybe just an amp, or some pre/power combination or maybe active speakers, but ideally its British made and I like the idea of saving some money and getting something direct from the manufacturer (cutting out the distrubution/retail costs).

But I wouldn't be so keen to try NVA on this evidence of the backlash to a poor review.

I know it's halloween - but it's like Michael Jackson's Thriller video with ghouls lifting up their grave stones and creeping over to WHF.

savvypaul

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Vector said:
All this over one bad review. Not even a magazine reviewer in a publication, but an enthusiast who agreed to do this at NVAs request. Part of the deal,is posting a review. Whilst Richard initially took it well, others on HFS were rude and nasty. It wasn't long before it escalated.

Now there are half the active membership over here defending bad behaviour and trying to rubbish the one bad review. You get the feeling that it's like crossing the Moonies.

Seriously if deep holes have been dug it's NVA doing the digging. Can't they see how off putting it is to a loan scheme when you attack the one person so far who doesn't like your product? What sort of message does that send? Remember You HAVE to write a review. It's part of the deal.

Now what happens to the next person who's not keen? Do they report honestly and risk the wrath of "Captain Mainwaring and Dad's Army" or do they write something positive to avoid flak. Or do they simply not bother to try NVA? Go figure.

When you post a review across different forums then you have a responsibility to present a balanced and respectful text. That is common decency imho. Darius is not a professional reviewer so it is remarkably bold of him to so sweepingly condemn Mr Dunn's product after one brief listening session. I have to question the agenda of someone who goes out of their way to insult a designer across as many different forums as he can. If Mr Dunn is guilty of anything then it is of being taken advantage of. Mr Dunn openly welcomed a bad review, even if just to balance the glowing testimonials that were already received. Again, I must point out that Darius' review is shown in full, without comment or censorship, on the HFS 'NVA Reviews' thread for all to see. That, I suggest, is real evidence that Mr Dunn is open to all reviews. Others on HFS may have been less sanguine, but they were called out for it by other HFS members. Neither Mr Dunn or any other HFS member bought the issue here. I can't add anything else to that, so farewell.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Well my loan offer is still there. What it needs to progress is for other like minded or open minded manufacturers / distributors to offer to join in. In which case it can be run by appointed forum members.

But we also need a policy decision to see if the forum wants it. Now Vector (Marco) allows it on his forum Art of Sound but HE selects who HE allows to do it, and for example nva is banned from joining in. The Audio Standard (TAS) a forum that emerged from disgruntled member of AoS who got fed up with the ego and control of Marco allowed it for a while and it was a great success, but other manufacturers who were member in the end refused to join in and worked to get it closed. In the end under accusations of favouritism from people who wanted it closed the owners stopped it. Hi-Fi Subjectivist (HFS) is too small and too nva orientated anyway for it to be able to be done only there. It needs to be done independently and openly.

nvahifi said:
Well my loan offer is still there. What it needs to progress is for other like minded or open minded manufacturers / distributors to offer to join in. In which case it can be run by appointed forum members.

But we also need a policy decision to see if the forum wants it. Now Vector (Marco) allows it on his forum Art of Sound but HE selects who HE allows to do it, and for example nva is banned from joining in. The Audio Standard (TAS) a forum that emerged from disgruntled member of AoS who got fed up with the ego and control of Marco allowed it for a while and it was a great success, but other manufacturers who were member in the end refused to join in and worked to get it closed. In the end under accusations of favouritism from people who wanted it closed the owners stopped it. Hi-Fi Subjectivist (HFS) is too small and too nva orientated anyway for it to be able to be done only there. It needs to be done independently and openly.

Spam

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Explain why it is spam. If I am promoting anything it is a loan scheme, do you call that spam. You obviously don't understand the word, I will help spam is unsolicited on line promotion of product. So please tell me what product I am promoting.

Why are you scared of it, do you have something to lose from people being able to hear different product to make choices, with it being your decision which ones you listen to. Is a retail shop you go into to listen to different product a spam.

Yes I would let NVA be part of a loan scheme, hopefully so would other manufacturers, there in lies the test and the rub. Do they have the courage to join in and be compared with other product. They do it in shops so why not on-line.

nvahifi said:
Explain why it is spam. If I am promoting anything it is a loan scheme, do you call that spam. You obviously don't understand the word, I will help spam is unsolicited on line promotion of product. So please tell me what product I am promoting.

Why are you scared of it, do you have something to lose from people being able to hear different product to make choices, with it being your decision which ones you listen to. Is a retail shop you go into to listen to different product a spam.

Yes I would let NVA be part of a loan scheme, hopefully so would other manufacturers, there in lies the test and the rub. Do they have the courage to join in and be compared with other product. They do it in shops so why not on-line.

I know the meaning very well. We get quite a few spammers on here. You are promoting your business (it doesn't necessarily have to be a product) and to my mind your appearance here to do so is also unsolicited, hence...................reported.

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Dont be too quick to dismiss the idea.

If other manufacturers or retailers join in and it gets off the ground it could become the most interesting part of this forum.

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hilarious that he thinks I'm Marco. It's like Ahab seeking his nemesis. This obsession with another man is unhealthy. Perhaps you'd be wise to contemplate Ralph Waldo Emerson, Padawan:

"You become what you think about all day long"

Is it growing?

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
But do you know who YOU are? Every post by you and your Master reveals the madness. It's like a simmering pot. Every time the lid bounces, a bigger hint of the contents leaks out into the air and it's not good.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Vector said:
Hilarious that he thinks I'm Marco. It's like Ahab seeking his nemesis. This obsession with another man is unhealthy. Perhaps you'd be wise to contemplate Ralph Waldo Emerson, Padawan:

"You become what you think about all day long"

Is it growing?

As I have been informed by one your arse licker management team who as a side line is a whistle blower. I call him deep throat after the watergate whistle blower.

And as further proof of the last four forums I have joined *The First* to turn up and start swinging is you either as your self or as a glove puppet ( finally admitted to) so just admit it or show us who you really are.

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Someone is playing with you and feeding your delusions:

"'Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus,[/i] I give up the spear!'"

Forgive me for not wanting to reveal my identity but one only has to look at the way you and your cohorts have attacked Darius for one bad review (which you solicited). You tend to make it your life's work to persecute anyone who challenges you so I'd far rather remain anonymous, thanks. Surely this is understandable? Besides, watching you thrashing round like a fish out of water chasing shadows when out of your forum bubble is fun. It also lays your character bare for all to point at.

Daniel Quinn

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Mr Vector , you appear to inappropriately named .A vector is a defined as a quantity posessing direction or magnitude . You lack both .

This is not a fuss over one bad review. It is an examination of hatchett job by Darius . Have you read the first review he made? It is not bad , it is meaningless drivel . He may as well have said , I took the cubes to the Emirates and they are **** as a couldnt score one goal with them .

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Tut tut.....You just keep digging that hole, don't you? Also exposing more of the obsession. The world outside of your bubble doesn't revolve around you.

As for the literary analogy, I'm not the not the one making AHAB(it) of waking up in the night thinking of Marco *lol*

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Daniel Quinn said:
Mr Vector , you appear to inappropriately named .A vector is a defined as a quantity posessing direction or magnitude . You lack both .

This is not a fuss over one bad review. It is an examination of hatchett job by Darius . Have you read the first review he made? It is not bad , it is meaningless drivel . He may as well have said , I took the cubes to the Emirates and they are **** as a couldnt score one goal with them .

if the review is such meaningless drivel, then why are you all coming over here to argue about it? Surely nobody would believe such a review. It's one tiny opinion posted on a forum by someone who is an enthusiast. Get over it. All this regurgitating and raking over the coals simply makes you all appear ridiculous and sabotages the loan scheme you'd like to get going. I'm not against such a scheme but it's going to be hard to convince people to try items when this is the only example of what happens when someone doesn't like it. The longer you rant and the more noise you make, the worse it gets. I'm genuinely surprised you don't see this.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Marco - Again like seeming everyone of you comments this is arse about face. We didn't come here. We didn't initiate this, Darius brought it here - why! We just responded.

Answer that and you understand everything.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
nvahifi said:
Vector is Marco Pieracinni owner of Art of Sound forum

Not another ######g forum!

So three of your own forums aren't enough in which to resolve your problems without spilling over into a fourth one?

A tad greedy by any measure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts