Panasonic ZT60 or 50AX802

Adds88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody :wave: im stuck to choose which tv to go for at first i orderd the AX802 from currys end up getting a refund (still waiting for my money)because its been a few weeks kept saying all these dates anyway pop into panasonic store to check AX802 they have 2 in stock at the corner of my eye was a ex display model of ZT60 what a tv thats is. The guys at panasonic say i should get the AX802 for x and y reasons something tells me i should get the zt60 what you guys and girls think names adam by the way

D

Deleted member 2457

Adds88 said:
Hello everybody :wave: im stuck to choose which tv to go for at first i orderd the AX802 from currys end up getting a refund (still waiting for my money)because its been a few weeks kept saying all these dates anyway pop into panasonic store to check AX802 they have 2 in stock at the corner of my eye was a ex display model of ZT60 what a tv thats is. The guys at panasonic say i should get the AX802 for x and y reasons something tells me i should get the zt60 what you guys and girls think names adam by the way

Hi :wave:

The ZT for sure.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Personally i wouldn't reccomend an ex-display however good the tv is, it's probably had a lot of hours usage, just my thoughts though.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
Personally i wouldn't reccomend an ex-display however good the tv is, it's probably had a lot of hours usage, just my thoughts though.

I would get a new one too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheapest here:

http://www.sonicdirect.co.uk/Plasma-LCD-LED-TV-Televisions/Panasonic-TXP60ZT65B-60-3D-Full-HD-1080p-Smart-TV-3000Hz-Freeview-HDFSAT?utm_source=googlemerchant&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googlemerchant&gclid=CJXnrcWD8L4CFQvItAodoQ4ArQ

I went to the ultimate shootout in Leeds 10 days ago where both the TVs were compared. Check my thoughts here:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/the-ultimate-shoot-out?page=3

Get a brand new one though. I can recommend Crampton and Moore / Panasonic North (Doncaster).

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
I went to the ultimate shootout in Leeds 10 days ago where both the TVs were compared. Check my thoughts here:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/the-ultimate-shoot-out?page=3

Get a brand new one though. I can recommend Crampton and Moore / Panasonic North (Doncaster).

I agree with BB and Gel, get the ZT!

i went to the shoutout the same as BB and for me and many others the ZT won but read his link, it's very interesting with the results.

Adds88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Wicked ZT60 it is then :cheers: soon as i get my refund i order a brand new one then all i need to get is a blu ray player which i have to wait until payday i keep you guys posted thanks :)

T

theflyingwasp

ZT my friend!

own it ,love it!

Simply stunning no matter what you throw at it.watching true detective just now it looks like I'm looking through a window.best money I ever spent! Get it now it's a double dare! :bounce:

T

theflyingwasp

Superb lads! I know have just outlayed quite a bit of cash already ,but give the ZT's 300 hours or so then calibrate them.your only problem after that is budgeting how much to spend on blu rays every month!

by the looks of things with this 4K farce the ZT is going to do us proud for quite a while. :cheers:

T

theflyingwasp

Just out of sheer curiosity gel was there a massive price difference between your 50inch VT and the 60 inch ZT? Was the ZT ever an option?

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
Just out of sheer curiosity gel was there a massive price difference between your 50inch VT and the 60 inch ZT? Was the ZT ever an option?

Yep, a massive price difference and my stand won't take the ZT, it's too big! I paid £1469 for mine VT65 and the ZT was around £3000 at the time. I would like it though and I think £2350 is the biggest bargain ever! And I mean ever! :)

Adds88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
About that i did email kalibrate limited a few days ago have not reply yet guess they are busy should i stick with THX cinema mode for now?

T

theflyingwasp

Yes thats what I did,there's is nothing to stop you popping over to the C-NET site and quickly punching in david katzmeirs ZT calibration results ,he does it with every tv ,reviews it ,then leaves up his calibration settings.

D

Deleted member 2457

Adds88 said:
About that i did email kalibrate limited a few days ago have not reply yet guess they are busy should i stick with THX cinema mode for now?

You could try contacting CanaryJules on this forum here:

http://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-vt65-owners-thread-part-5.1784613/page-161

You can see him posting on this thread here, that's what I did. CanaryJules is the calibrator on the THX one. Just send him a message, sometimes it can take a couple of days.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You want professional modes and make sure you select orbitor to ON not Auto as this helps prevent image retention which you will likely get if the option is wrongly selected.

I am sure THX turns off Orbitor so dont use that ideally.

There are loads of threads re settings but nothing works in comparison to a proper calibration.

I was on about this a long time ago - now the majority who post on here feel the same way as I do - some are only recent converts.

BB is next - I am suprised he has not had his done

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:
You want professional modes and make sure you select orbitor to ON not Auto as this helps prevent image retention which you will likely get if the option is wrongly selected.

There are loads of threads re settings but nothing works in comparison to a proper calibration.

I was on about this a long time ago - now the majority who post on here feel the same way as I do - some are only recent converts.

Yeah come on BB, when are you having it done? :poke:

Adds88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:

I leave the pro modes on then switch orbitor to on it will do for now thanks mate

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts