Hifi shop (Audible fidelity Daventry) refusing to reimburse me, what to do ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AudibleFid

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Dear all,

A few days have passed since this thread was last active, so I would like to bring this to a pleasing resolve.

We are yet to hear from the OP, however, this does not mean it is "case closed" in my book.

It is of greater concern to me that there is potentially a dissatisfied customer of ours, that has an issue they are unable to resolve. As such, I would like to reiterate to the OP that we can only help if we are aware of the problem ~ please can you make yourself known to us, you’re personal information will remain private from this forum.

This thread has had a very mixed dynamic, at first very pro-consumer and then following my response very pro-shop (and in the end some light entertainment from some particularly amusing wordsmiths ~ "would a sub-woofer help?" & "latch on to the hearing centres" being my personal favourites!). I digress.

The point I would like to finish with is one that has already been expressed by others. There are always two sides to a story and it is easy to get carried away from the point in hand ~ in this case a potential issue with a customer transaction. In a public forum it can be very tempting to forget about fairness and objectivity...I hope the OP does not feel intimidated/put off from asking for help.

Again, thank you all for your input over the last few days...

OP ~ If there is an issue please do not hesitate to contact me directly and privately, we're here to help.

Best Regards

Mark

mark@audiblefidelity.com

AudibleFid said:
Dear all,

A few days have passed since this thread was last active, so I would like to bring this to a pleasing resolve.

We are yet to hear from the OP, however, this does not mean it is "case closed" in my book.

It is of greater concern to me that there is potentially a dissatisfied customer of ours, that has an issue they are unable to resolve. As such, I would like to reiterate to the OP that we can only help if we are aware of the problem ~ please can you make yourself known to us, you’re personal information will remain private from this forum.

This thread has had a very mixed dynamic, at first very pro-consumer and then following my response very pro-shop (and in the end some light entertainment from some particularly amusing wordsmiths ~ "would a sub-woofer help?" & "latch on to the hearing centres" being my personal favourites!). I digress.

The point I would like to finish with is one that has already been expressed by others. There are always two sides to a story and it is easy to get carried away from the point in hand ~ in this case a potential issue with a customer transaction. In a public forum it can be very tempting to forget about fairness and objectivity...I hope the OP does not feel intimidated/put off from asking for help.

OP ~ If there is an issue please do not hesitate to contact me directly and privately, we're here to help.

Best Regards

Mark

mark@audiblefidelity.com

Glad to hear it is not case closed. I would like to as how many ex-demo Denon Hoes have you sold in the last six months that have been returned? Surely from the info given you know just who the poster is? So my question to you would be has he been repaid? Simples.

D

Deleted member 2457

Al ears said:
AudibleFid said:
Dear all,

Best Regards

Mark

mark@audiblefidelity.com

Glad to hear it is not case closed. I would like to as how many ex-demo Denon Hoes have you sold in the last six months that have been returned? Surely from the info given you know just who the poster is? So my question to you would be has he been repaid? Simples.
He is saying he has, but the op saying not.

AudibleFid

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi Al,

The answers to your questions are in my original post, only one unit and it was refunded in Feb. That is about as specific as I can get publicly. The OP is anonymous and we cannot divulge sensitive information of any of our customers, directly or indirectly by stabbing in the dark.

Until we hear from the OP we're between a rock & a hard place, this could be someone entirely different / there could be something entirely different going on here.

Either way, I hope my presence is seen as a pleasant invitation for them to get in touch. If there is a genuine issue to be resolved we need to know about it and I am more than happy to help.

All the best

Mark

D

Deleted member 2457

AudibleFid said:
Hi Al,

The answers to your questions are in my original post, only one unit and it was refunded in Feb. That is about as specific as I can get publicly. The OP is anonymous and we cannot divulge sensitive information of any of our customers, directly or indirectly by stabbing in the dark.

Until we hear from the OP we're between a rock & a hard place, this could be someone entirely different / there could be something entirely different going on here.

Either way, I hope my presence is seen as a pleasant invitation for them to get in touch. If there is a genuine issue to be resolved we need to know about it and I am more than happy to help.

All the best

Mark
Many first time posters are never to be seen again.

AudibleFid said:
Hi Al,

All the best

Mark

Wasn't meaning to have a go its just it was unclear to me. If only one incident then wasn't implying we should know the culprit just that you must know him and whether or not the funds have gone back on his credit card, you mention 'processed' does that mean left your account and appears on his credit card?

Just sayyin like. ;-)

The fact we haven't heard from him since the beginning would tend to indicate he has received them. I would think he would have the decency to come back and say so though.

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Update / epilogue for those interested :

Just saw the thread is now 4 pages .. well done

Today I had to go north for work, so on my way back I stopped at the shop. Was greeted by a gentleman who knew immediately who I was thanks to whatHifi *dirol* . Love the way he goes "yea we're replied on your thread on whathifi, we're awaiting your reply on there..."

ok what happened to just YOU replying to the millions emails/text messages on your website and calls I gave/sent you ages ago ...??? -> Unable to provide a rationale/reason (I use to get answers within hours on the same email address when I was inquiring about products before my purchase)

So according to them they already refunded me and were happy with it. Hence I asked them to show me the bank statement/details showing the transaction -> Unable to do so for "confidentiality" reason.

The guy asks me to check my account... Dude I've been doing that for the past 6 months regularly (as many time as the number of emails I sent you).

The guy goes back to his office, and eventually tells me that indeed the refund was not proceeded.
REALLY ????? that’s new….
Then he goes on explaining to me, there's been a problem with the system and paypal - Didn't believe a word of what he said and quite frankly didn't care. I'll let the shop explains if they want on here.

So they kinda refocussed and issued a refund immediately. (I am delight to confirm the money is now on my account)

Device returned mid December 2015. I first contacted them mid January since I havent heard anything from them, they weren't even aware they received the device back.

Quite frankly, it's a bit of a shame because, their prices are good, they have a good stock, their demo room is decent, they have a good selection of stuff to demo, the shop is quiet, the team is really nice (in my case until you sign the cheque and go home).

Just for the record, I spent 1.5k £ in this shop. I dont think that kind of treatment is acceptable.

At the end of the day : it was a waste of money and waste of time. No formal apologies or gesture from manager or anything. No explanation why they blanked my emails.

What ever their excuse is, I shouldn't have to excessively chase a refund, wait 6 months, create a thread on here and go all the way to the shop in person to get what rightly due to me.
This is not okay.

Anyway many thanks to whathifi for the help ! My guts tell me that's really the interest shown by the members for this thread that have made things move

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
1995 said:

Today I had to go north for work, so on my way back I stopped at the shop. Was greeted by a gentleman who knew immediately who I was thanks to whatHifi *dirol* . Love the way he goes "yea we're replied on your thread on whathifi, we're awaiting your reply on there..."

ok what happened to just YOU replying to the millions emails/text messages on your website and calls I gave/sent you ages ago ...??? -> Unable to provide a rationale/reason (I use to get answers within hours on the same email address when I was inquiring about products before my purchase)

So according to them they already refunded me and were happy with it. Hence I asked them to show me the bank statement/details showing the transaction -> Unable to do so for "confidentiality" reason.

The guy asks me to check my account... Dude I've been doing that for the past 6 months regularly (as many time as the number of emails I sent you).

The guy goes back to his office, and eventually tells me that indeed the refund was not proceeded.REALLY ????? that’s new….Then he goes on explaining to me, there's been a problem with the system and paypal - Didn't believe a word of what he said and quite frankly didn't care. I'll let the shop explains if they want on here.

So they kinda refocussed and issued a refund immediately. (I am delight to confirm the money is now on my account)

Device returned mid December 2015. I first contacted them mid January since I havent heard anything from them, they weren't even aware they received the device back.

Quite frankly, it's a bit of a shame because, their prices are good, they have a good stock, their demo room is decent, they have a good selection of stuff to demo, the shop is quiet, the team is really nice (in my case until you sign the cheque and go home).

Just for the record, I spent 1.5k £ in this shop. I dont think that kind of treatment is acceptable.

At the end of the day : it was a waste of money and waste of time. No formal apologies or gesture from manager or anything. No explanation why they blanked my emails.

What ever their excuse is, I shouldn't have to excessively chase a refund, wait 6 months, create a thread on here and go all the way to the shop in person to get what rightly due to me.This is not okay.

Anyway many thanks to whathifi for the help ! My guts tell me that's really the interest shown by the members for this thread that have made things move

Out of interest who was it you spoke to at your last visit to Audio Fidelity? Was it Mark who has been writing all those posts to WHF forum as to show how reasonable, plausable Audio Fidelity are and that there is two sides to every story...etc If the contents of your above post are true then to me it appears there is someone who is blatantly lying.....?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
1995 said:

The guy goes back to his office, and eventually tells me that indeed the refund was not proceeded.REALLY ????? that’s new….Then he goes on explaining to me, there's been a problem with the system and paypal - Didn't believe a word of what he said and quite frankly didn't care. I'll let the shop explains if they want on here.

What ever their excuse is, I shouldn't have to excessively chase a refund, wait 6 months, create a thread on here and go all the way to the shop in person to get what rightly due to me.This is not okay.

Glad things are sorted. Power to the people!!

D

Deleted member 2457

1995 said:

What a joker, can't stand people like him!

May 21, 2016
Visit site
893691image513.png

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Some serious talent for uploading pictures over here ...

Waiting for the Yamaha WXC-50 (august) to pair with the A-S1100

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/wireless_streaming_amplifiers/wxc-50/?mode=model

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts