Hifi shop (Audible fidelity Daventry) refusing to reimburse me, what to do ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
keeper of the quays said:
Mods? You are not doing your job! This isn't the first time someone has used this forum as a hammer to whack a shop! I strongly suggest you do not allow these types of threads in the future? As how can you possibly know what's true and what isn't? This forum is not a court of law and should not be used for such a purpose!
You need to become a mod then! :D

I contacted the shop to alert them of the thread, so they are aware there's a problem. Good to have both sides talk.

I don't think there's any problem with threads such as these, as it serves to make members aware of their consumer rights.

K

keeper of the quays

bigboss said:
Mods? You are not doing your job! This isn't the first time someone has used this forum as a hammer to whack a shop! I strongly suggest you do not allow these types of threads in the future? As how can you possibly know what's true and what isn't? This forum is not a court of law and should not be used for such a purpose!
You need to become a mod then! :D

I contacted the shop to alert them of the thread, so they are aware there's a problem. Good to have both sides talk.

I don't think there's any problem with threads such as these, as it serves to make members aware of their consumer rights.
I would happily become a moderator..consumer rights work both ways..wheres the protection for the shop? Or can anyone make unfounded accusations against a shop they happen not to like for whatever reason? This is wrong! If the shop is correct? The op needs to come back here and explain themselves! As this sort of thing can give a innocent shop a undeserved reputation!

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's fair to say that eventually the truth normally surfaces with these types of threads. Over the years I can only remember 2 occasions where there was clearly an ongoing problem. There's always going to be isolated cases of poor customer service or a transaction that goes wrong from start to finish.

Well done for informing the retailer of this thread. Hopefully the OP will confirm that this has been resolved *smile*

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I think this shop has acted very professionally in its response to the op. We await the final outcome. Hopefully it was just an administrative/communication glitch.

Can't fault Audible Fidelity - the thread done good!!

tonky

K

keeper of the quays

tonky said:
I think this shop has acted very professionally in its response to the op. We await the final outcome. Hopefully it was just an administrative/communication glitch. 

tonky
well I hope the op returns to explain himself? If the shop is correct? I have a suspicion he won't return? It takes a big man to admit a mistake! Let's wait and see? But one day someone will slag off a shop..the owner will put his £20,000 deposit down at the courthouse and all hell will then break loose! The idea of moderation is to avoid this outcome? As judges have no interest in hifi or amusing fellows such as myself! They only interested in the facts! Just my observation..

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
If they have refunded his credit card then why did they not just tell him that by email, it would have saved a lot of this bother. Communication is the problem here.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
tonky said:
well I hope the op returns to explain himself? If the shop is correct? I have a suspicion he won't return? It takes a big man to admit a mistake! Let's wait and see? But one day someone will slag off a shop..the owner will put his £20,000 deposit down at the courthouse and all hell will then break loose! The idea of moderation is to avoid this outcome? As judges have no interest in hifi or amusing fellows such as myself! They only interested in the facts! Just my observation..

What I find amusing is your amusement that you think you are amusing *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?
regular_smile.gif

gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?

Not yet ;-)

However it is evident we need th OP back to confirm whether or not his credit card has been refunded or not, it is clear the dealer says his 'refund was processed' but that can mean different things to different people.

K

keeper of the quays

Al ears said:
gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?  

Not yet ;-)

However it is evident we need th OP back to confirm whether or not his credit card has been refunded or not, it is clear the dealer says his 'refund was processed' but that can mean different things to different people. 
the op joined just to post his thread as far as i can see..and i am far sighted..i share this ability with the elves. Me and legolas? We blood..

K

keeper of the quays

gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?  
Yes young gel..roobios tea..a strong brew, only the stout of heart and brave souls partake of such a beverage!

K

keeper of the quays

jonathanRD said:
tonky said:

What I find amusing is your amusement that you think you are amusing *smile*
then sir, by your kind proxy thus my amusement regales you!

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?
Yes young gel..roobios tea..a strong brew, only the stout of heart and brave souls partake of such a beverage!
regular_smile.gif

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
tonky said:

What I find amusing is your amusement that you think you are amusing *smile*

Quite but he's mostly harmless. The laugher at his jokes is always in mono. Good for BB contacting the shop - you can never be certain what's what with these disputes. My money is on not hearing back from the OP whose posts don't extend past this thread.

K

keeper of the quays

busb said:
jonathanRD said:
tonky said:

What I find amusing is your amusement that you think you are amusing *smile*

Quite but he's mostly harmless. The laugher at his jokes is always in mono. Good for BB contacting the shop - you can never be certain what's what with these disputes. My money is on not hearing back from the OP whose posts don't extend past this thread.
Mono? The venerable bead has made a joke! Rip roaring sir...think I made the self same point bit earlier? I also happen to think the op won't return? It's bad form to offer a bad opinion of a shops service to it's customers for a spurious reason and at the risk of becoming tedious! The shop has very little comeback if the op doesn't clarify his position..are you still with me here busb? I can use plain English if it's easier for you? So the shop is now in no mans land! None of us know whether it's vexatious or not? I'm beginning to get a feeling the op is a silly young person who can't spell very well and holds a weird grudge towards this shop even though they have bent over backwards to be accommodating! Again I call on the mods to not allow this to happen again! As any tom or harry can say anything against a shop and black it's reputation with no comeback..self evidently..as the op has scuttled off never to be seen again..this does not sit well with me..maybe some other posters may smugly say 'the thread has resolved itself' it's a nonsense..the only one who has any satisfaction here is the op! This is a shambles...i understand the mods have gentle hands policy here..but sometimes they need to be more proactive!!! This case is a good example!

jjbomber

bigboss said:

Exactly, and how else do we find out about reliability issues? It is important that forum members do post about these issues. There aren't any whathifi reviews of cutomers service nor consumer rights. Similarly, we don't have any reviews on reliability. So these posts are important.

The good news on these things is how quickly they are put right. Richer Sounds are exceptional but most here are very good.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This could go either way. On the one hand the OP went to all this trouble to become a member to tell his story but has not come back since. But he could be ill, or busy, or gone on holiday spending his refund. On the other hand he might just never come back *shok*

On a positive note how many of us have taken a look at the retailers site. Bad publicity turned good?

jonathanRD said:
This could go either way. On the one hand the OP went to all this trouble to become a member to tell his story but has not come back since. But he could be ill, or busy, or gone on holiday spending his refund. On the other hand he might just never come back *shok*

On a positive note how many of us have taken a look at the retailers site. Bad publicity turned good?

Good point. The free promotion has probably made the retailer more than the refund cost. ;-)

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?

I love the roobois! Caffeine reduces audio quality.

K

keeper of the quays

radiorog said:
gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?  

Sainsbury's own brand rooibos is good..as is Tetley! I'm not sure tick tock is that much better?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
radiorog said:
gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?  

Sainsbury's own brand rooibos is good..as is Tetley! I'm not sure tick tock is that much better?
Yeaj, I loke sainsburus own, very good. Cant really tell difference between that and tick tock, but im sure there are those here that can taste a differnce ;-) Tetley good but stopped drinking it as the vanilla one which I really liked I think has artificial flavours. Dragon fly vanilla, is the bomb! They also do an earl grey. But im a regualr sainsburys and tictoc, depending on whats on offer. Gotta keep hydrated :)

K

keeper of the quays

radiorog said:
radiorog said:
gel said:
tonky said:

tonky
Have you been drinking?  

Yeaj, I loke sainsburus own, very good. Cant really tell difference between that and tick tock, but im sure there are those here that can taste a differnce ;-) Tetley good but stopped drinking it as the vanilla one which I really liked I think has artificial flavours. Dragon fly vanilla, is the bomb! They also do an earl grey. But im a regualr sainsburys and tictoc, depending on whats on offer. Gotta keep hydrated :)
yep, hydration..no caffeine and hardly any tannin..next on the to do list is oil pulling...

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Muddywaterstones said:

******! In what way? Would a sub-woofer help? *fool*

[/quote]

It makes the brain spin round faster in your skull, and the musical notes cant latch onto the hearing centres properly, so less music gets through. A sub woofer would help, as you could still feel a good portion of the music if you turn it up loud enough. *good*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts