ATC SCM11 - EB2 Head to Head. No clear answers...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:New amp?my thoughts ezactly
emotion-3.gif

and i thought gel played his cards close to his chest
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

planet max ... received loud and clear
emotion-11.gif

a leema pulse eh ? lovely
emotion-11.gif

John Duncan

plastic penguin:Have you not read any of my posts over the past 6 months? Could hardly dem the ATCs with a 15 year old Alpha 7....

Yes, but I missed the one saying "I'm buying/have bought a Leema"

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:chebby:Has anyone here ordered a pair of EB2s yet?

You're first up aren't you?

It has crossed my mind (they look fantastic in the mag photo and the video). My priority is to hear the UnitiQute first and get all that side sorted if I like it. (Selling old system etc.)

A

Anonymous

Chebby - Having seen a couple of references to a video of the EB2's ...

"(they look fantastic in the mag photo and the video)"

Can you point me in the direction of this footage (assuming its legal!)

Ta muchly

Serenity

A

Anonymous

Yap got them
emotion-1.gif
, love them!!!

Love the size (not everybody needs a matchbox pretending to be a 'big' boy), the looks (no unmotivated bits sticking out anywhere) and everything else.

Close to the wall, just what you want closed boxes for. They are most likely nowhere near run in properly yet, as they are only starting to sound a little fuller now. However good enough to agree with the review and I would as I am no expert, despite some worries raised about the amount of base, it is certainly enough for my small bedroom.

Where did that piano come from in the background on 'Aqualung'? Amazing detail indeed!
And the layers and layers of different base notes, closed box at it's best!
Oh yes they are mighty fast too!

Think WillGaunt said on one of the other EB2 threads he was expecting his too. He appears to have gone quiet since, probably too busy listening and that's exactly where I am going now.
emotion-2.gif

Well done EBAcoustics, lovely to talk to on the phone too, and you're not having mine back!!!

jrichter:

Yap got them
emotion-1.gif
, love them!!!

Love the size (not everybody needs a matchbox pretending to be a 'big' boy), the looks (no unmotivated bits sticking out anywhere) and everything else.

Close to the wall, just what you want closed boxes for. They are most likely nowhere near run in properly yet, as they are only starting to sound a little fuller now. However good enough to agree with the review and I would as I am no expert, despite some worries raised about the amount of base, it is certainly enough for my small bedroom.

Where did that piano come from in the background on 'Aqualung'? Amazing detail indeed!
And the layers and layers of different base notes, closed box at it's best!
Oh yes they are mighty fast too!

Think WillGaunt said on one of the other EB2 threads he was expecting his too. He appears to have gone quiet since, probably too busy listening and that's exactly where I am going now.
emotion-2.gif

Well done EBAcoustics, lovely to talk to on the phone too, and you're not having mine back!!!

Because of their size, what stands do you use?

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, imagine I got mine at roughly the same time, and have been listening to them for most of the time since (unfortunately working abroad for a few days so can't listen to them - but at least it's the south of France!
emotion-4.gif
). Anyway, my impressions are that I'm very impressed. Apart from a few teething problems (not going to go into them here, but didn't need much thought really), the only real problem is that I probably need a new amp (although my temp arrangement of preamp into integrated is an improvement, just a bit strident at the top end). But bass is is very present and the overall presentation entirely coherent. And certainly not too big!

A

Anonymous

Stand height is a tall 60 cm, because I listen to them on to of a raised bed. So ears are at tweeter height, although it doesn't seem over critical, Richard was right when he said the tweeters have a nice angular range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts