Will hifi die as Coronavirus spreads?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 188533

Kids do get it. Kids don't get sick from it. There's almost no documented severe disease in kids under 10. You'll need an actual doctor to explain it exactly which I'm not, but the theory has to do with the way the virus binds to ACE2 receptors. Those same receptors play a part in high blood pressure and is the same reason it's a risk factor.

Jimboo

What does repeating the contradiction prove ?coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that are typically mild, such as some cases of the common cold .

80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities
Who current stats.

The case we're seeing with the [emerging] coronaviruses is not that the children are not having any symptoms at all, they're actually having viral pneumonia," Johnson told Live Science, referring to the presence of infected fluid in the lungs. "But because their immune systems are so robust, it doesn't lay them out the way it would as an adult."

Similarly, Johnson said, adults are 25 times more likely to die from chickenpox than children are. And though influenza can be devastating for infants, older children usually make it through with more ease than adults, Johnson said. Seasonal flu death rates in adults are 10 times that of death rates in children.
9/11 was an inside jobs , aliens walk amongst us and the CIA killed Kennedy . When will people stop and think?

insider9

65 million still alive !
The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9 million people being hospitalised, a secret Public Health England (PHE) briefing for senior NHS officials reveals.

The document, seen by the Guardian, is the first time health chiefs tackling the virus have admitted that they expect it to circulate for another 12 months and lead to huge extra strain on an already overstretched NHS.

It also suggests that health chiefs are braced for as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the coronavirus over that time

D

Deleted member 188533

Yeah CDC here in the US is projecting as many as 1.6 million will die.

Spreading the outbreak over time will give the most people the best chance. If we can keep hospitals from being overwhelmed that means everyone will get the best possible care and have the best possible outcome. That's why even younger people who aren't as much at risk need to isolate. To slow the infection rate.

For the record I don't believe the Chinese numbers. I do believe their percentages though. It really wouldn't surprise me to learn that the real numbers are orders of magnitude higher than what they've released.

South Korea is have very good luck with chloroquinine and zinc. They have a very low death rate. Hopefully that and other treatments become available sooner rather than later. because we're still a year from a vaccine.

The main difference between Covid-19 and other viruses is its infectivity. Mortality rate is far less when compared to Influenza, MERS or Ebola viruses, but the numbers infected with Covid-19 are and will be huge and thereby mortality. Every single Hospital in this country is worried. I am on call this weekend (I'm a doctor for those who don't know). We have created 3 wards to deal with suspected Covid patients with a separate team to look after them. I am heading the non Covid team. There's already a shortage of PPE kits and this will only get worse. NHS is braced for the surge in cases over the next 4 weeks, and it is likely we will never be prepared enough (based on Italy's experience). So, yes, it's no more severe than influenza but the numbers affected will be far far higher. We only have 4000-odd ICU beds in the country, and very likely we won't have capacity to treat everyone.

insider9

For the record I don't believe the Chinese numbers. I do believe their percentages though. It really wouldn't surprise me to learn that the real numbers are orders of magnitude higher than what they've released.
I dont either. It's looking grim though.

What I think are safe to assume numbers
- up to 80% will get it (UK - 52.8M)
- 17% get serious symptoms and require hospitalization (UK - 9M)
- at least 7% will die before NHS gets overwhelmed (based on Italian figures) more as we run out of beds, doctors and nurses (UK - 3.7M)

Realistically having 9M people needing a hospital care in UK we know there wont be enough space. Not only that but how long will first responders last? How long before there aren't any doctors or nurses left?

Reactions: Dom

Jimboo

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9 million people being hospitalised, a secret Public Health England (PHE) briefing for senior NHS officials reveals.

The document, seen by the Guardian, is the first time health chiefs tackling the virus have admitted that they expect it to circulate for another 12 months and lead to huge extra strain on an already overstretched NHS.

It also suggests that health chiefs are braced for as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the coronavirus over that time
Your doing it again. Hysteria. They will not need to die , go to hospital or take much more time away from work as if they had the shits. Hospitals will be overwhelmed if the same wankers who buy toilet rolls by the ton go to hospital. The DOCTOR on here explained how bad the virus is for most .

insider9

Your doing it again. Hysteria. They will not need to die , go to hospital or take much more time away from work as if they had the shits. Hospitals will be overwhelmed if the same wankers who buy toilet rolls by the ton go to hospital. The DOCTOR on here explained how bad the virus is for most .
This is a quote from Guardian

Jimboo

For gods sake man think , educate yourself use your common sense think , re-read and edit before your postings. Stop buying toilet rolls and pasta think about the big picture and stop freaking out about a bloody virus that will not kill you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts