Will hifi die as Coronavirus spreads?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

Insider is hoping that it'll kill off all the old 'uns so there'll be a heap of cheap used quality hi-fi kit available in the classified ads :ROFLMAO:
Just realised, he won't want mine as it's not quality and it's Marantz :)

Ooh, just had a thought, I like being a PITA so I'm gonna make sure you get it by leaving to you in my will :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: insider9
D

Deleted member 108165

Excellent chaps, a new sub forum for this kind of chat (y)

D

Deleted member 2457

Apparently at weddings only 5 people can attend now can you guess who?

jjbomber

Could be a boom period for hi-fi, as more and more people are stuck in self-isolation. No live sport, so only music left.

Secondly, people are getting all their money back from cancelled holidays? What will they spend it on? No pubs, no clubs, no holidays. No bog rolls. So music and hi-fi it is.

Finally, with all the artists stuck at home, they will all be writing brilliant new albums to release next year.

I've been on the positive pills again, but a boom time for hi-fi awaits.

Reactions: insider9

Gray

Of those that test positive, the 'chances of dying' statistic I last heard quoted was:
Under 20 = 1 in 76,000
Over 70 = 1 in 12
Not much consolation to the two families who yesterday lost a boy of 13 and a 19 year old girl. Both with no underlying health issues.

jjbomber

Of those that test positive, the 'chances of dying' statistic I last heard quoted was:
Under 20 = 1 in 76,000
Over 70 = 1 in 12
Not much consolation to the two families who yesterday lost a boy of 13 and a 19 year old girl. Both with no underlying health issues.

The problem is that this misleads youngsters. They can still carry the virus and kill their grandparents, without realising it. The message needs to get across to youngsters as much as old people. Stay at home, keep your distance.

The other thing to realise is that we only count those who dies in hospital. Those who die at home or in old peoples homes aren't counted.

Roger_A

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that this misleads youngsters. They can still carry the virus and kill their grandparents, without realising it. The message needs to get across to youngsters as much as old people. Stay at home, keep your distance.

The other thing to realise is that we only count those who dies in hospital. Those who die at home or in old peoples homes aren't counted.

They can also mislead and panic older people. It is known that people with existing serious respiratory, heart and other conditions or with compromised immune systems (e.g. from cancer treatment) are in far greater danger: and which group is more likely to have any of these health problems? Why, older people of course. It would be helpful if the statistics stated what the odds are for those in a reasonably healthy condition which I'm sure would give a much better survival rate for older generations.

jjbomber

We have a case at our local hospital of a lady admitted with a stroke. Visiting is restricted to one family member for one hour per day. In this case her son brought her in personal items and took away the dirty washing every day. He unknowingly had coronavirus and lived. She probably won't now. He'll have to spend the rest of his life with this on his mind. It's not his fault, but he won't see it that way.

We need to drum into young people just how serious this is for everyone.

jjbomber

If people become complacent then expect to see a sharp rise in the rate of infection. This ain't over yet.

This isn't over until someone comes up with a vaccine. The public are far too stupid. The only time the public observe 2 metres is when they are queuing. I see loads of people out walking next to each other. Similarly groups of kids are forming in the town centre, as they are getting bored.

Was it Heath Ledger, as The Joker, who said something along the lines of I don't have to kill anyone; I just create panic and the public will kill themselves. That is exactly what is happening.

D

Deleted member 188533

Yeah a vaccine is the key.

An effective treatment combined with Western countries adopting the Asian practice of wearing masks in public and very strict contact tracing of anyone who gets infected will allow some of the restrictions to be lifted. Maybe even most of the restrictions, at least for healthy people. But we're a long way from any of that yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts