Once you listen to Adam, you're always an Adam!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Bax Music should be avoided - fine if your purchase goes ok, but a nightmare if not. Check out Bax Music Rip Off on facebook - they really are horrendous when things go wrong. Good to hear that you’re enjoying the Adams - I’ve used actives for several years and love the sound (currently own Elac Navis).
Elac Navis, Nice. Thanks for the heads up :)

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
The Gorilla stands arrived for the Adams and I immediately realised this was a wrong purchase.
Why you ask? I know, humour me!
The Cat. Flynn
He hops on the PC and then steps on the speaker to get to the window.
Sturdy as these stands are, 11 kilo feline standing on those will send them crashing.
So please bear in mind, the cat has to be factored into the room acoustics.
All not lost, the Dali's in the bedroom said thank you very much 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20230918_161449.jpg
    IMG_20230918_161449.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20231105_135323.jpg
    IMG_20231105_135323.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Yes my red Maine **** boy, real character 😂
Here’s my little buddy with too much testosterone- we had a long alpha-battle until I used my special scent weapon to scare away some foxes that were camping out in our garden. Then he learnt what lots of testosterone really smells like 🤭

4c159794-1f9c-4875-b280-ad568adbdeec.jpg

Back on topic- I’ve been trying to persuade both of my brothers to get a little receiver & active speakers to go with their Bluetooth turntables. Triangles were my go-to, but definitely like the look of the Adams.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Here’s my little buddy with too much testosterone- we had a long alpha-battle until I used my special scent weapon to scare away some foxes that were camping out in our garden. Then he learnt what lots of testosterone really smells like 🤭

4c159794-1f9c-4875-b280-ad568adbdeec.jpg

Back on topic- I’ve been trying to persuade both of my brothers to get a little receiver & active speakers to go with their Bluetooth turntables. Triangles were my go-to, but definitely like the look of the Adams.
Cute Bengal, the face of mischief, I use to be dog person but now I love cats😊
The Triangles are quality and can't go wrong with those but I am bias.
I loved my budget Adam T5Vs there were many folds above their price.
I put them on eBay and were sold within the hour, Cha chin...
The A series A7V are in a completely different league, these speakers are energetic and fun to listen to. Simon Price said the same thing. I switched off the Focal SW and the bass on the Adam is full, you really don't need a SW, while the treble is incredibly detailed. Vocals come across really well.
The digital DSP comes with Sonarworks, I haven't had chance to mess around.
Your brother will love the A7Vs 😊

Reactions: Revolutions

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Adam? What is wrong with Eve?
Eve Audio make very good products.
Same excellent German engineering, it's almost tongue and cheek, the company came into existence after Adam.
There's a metaphor somewhere!
Anyway, if I'm brutally honest, I really set my mask for the A7V, maybe I was looking for excuse not to buy Eve SC207 and that solitary bad customer review kind of swayed me towards the Adam at a much greater cost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts