What do people think of Mission 752 (ORIGINALS)? Are they worth anything?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I own a pair of Mission 752 and was thinking of changing as they been in the family from new (quite a long time) and i was wondering what i should look for as an upgrade or a decent change. The only problem is that i've only got a few hundered pound to spend, added on to the Mission's price (if they can sell).

Any suggestion of what will provide the same or better sound quality, without loosing any of that crisp midrange or tight bass.

Anything i should look for on eBay? Seen some AE109's, would these be a good buy?

A

Anonymous

You'd get £100-£150 for the 752s (I owned a pair for 13 years). Add a few hundred quid to that and I suspect that at today's prices you'll struggle to find a speaker as good. Bear in mind the 752s were £500 14 years ago - think what that would be allowing for inflation.

T

the record spot

Got them, had them for a couple of years now and they're superb. Heard a pair of Dali Ikon 5s recently and while good, not a good enough reason to change from the 752s. The Ikon 5s weren't my reason for listening (was trying out a couple of amps) but the 752s were a fine design from arguably Mission's greatest period. Superb speakers.

A

Anonymous

Messiah:
Now if you had £1125...

Or if he had 4160 he could buy mine ;)

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Any idea what is a good price to sell for an immaculate condition pair of Mission 751's in rosewood?

I'm finally considering upgrading them (after posting several times about it!).

Quite fancy the EB2's. What else would give me a real recognisable upgrade with my Cyrus kit?

T

the record spot

I'd be really sure to compare the 751 against any other standmount speaker up to £700 - had a pair when they came out and they had all the detail bass weight and speed you could want for the money. To sell, you might get £100-150, as a very rough guess. Assuming they're in near mint condition.

A

Anonymous

Check the 'completed' value on eBay for 751s. They come up for sale frequently so you should get a good idea of market value. The rosewood models of 75Xs sell well (as they should - a premium originally and gorgeous finish)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts