Yamaha rw202d amplifier/receiver

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Hi now after hearing this amp which I bought because of the good reviews and mostly because richer sounds had it on offer at 149.99 was very impressed, I can tell you I don't regard myself as anybody other than a bloke who loves music and has had various kit, I managed to acquire mission bookshelf speakers at 14 and appreciated a hifi as opposed to crap ever since, I've heard 15,000 pound systems from very rare unheard of makers and mass market budget giant killers like the pioneer a400, I bought this amp the yammy bacause of the reviews and price with over 100 off, to look at its exactly what I like a no b?llshit tidy unit without silly lights etc, 1st of all forget 100watts I agree with richer sounds and without metering would suggest maybe 75watts but that's right in line with the budget monitor audio 3gs or the wharfdale diamond floorstanders which are both so gud 4 the money, I tried this amp with mission 763is and mx3s which I was so entertained with, the music is clear and with a nice punch but not over the top, it's plenty loud enough but the guage of speaker wire is too small, I went for Cambridge audio cable to make sure there wasn't any problems as I've had hot spotted 16 guage cable in the past with tannoy m15s back in the day, after about 1hr I'd heard enough to put it in the same class as my pioneer a400 which is a budget amp that boxes way above it's weight, I've tried and own amps from all kinds, trio, Armstrong, leak, pioneer, Denon, Cambridge audio, mission and a few others and can say for the money you won't find better, i do not like Bluetooth as it always sounds far inferior to cd etc because of delay and the following sound degregation, I notice it all the time, And yes I invested in a decent receiver, I cannot and never did understand y people but 600 pound stereos from Argos etc that sound awful when a quick look on a website can not only save them pound s but will always provide a far better hifi, one of these and a pair of mission lx4 mk2s or a pair of older mx3s will save 100 pound or more and wow someone who's used to generic crap, the yammy has now gone upto 299 but will go in the sale again

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
It's a tad off topic toward the middle but it's self evidentiary what it's about and what the title points to (the yamaha) it's obviously not too off topic someone enjoyed it atleast, it's sometimes nice and helpful to go further into detail on things that are circling the hifi world at the moment and kinda the point, I love to hear a little more from people and what they personally think, I write from personal findings not from written reviews, I also like to add a little background of why I like something and what got me to that decision, it helps in decision making

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts