Mission 752 Freedom

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

treesey

Regarding ports - I may be going mad - I was sure the 753F had a single rear port, but I can't find a photo now.

751 had a front port, no rear
751F had a rear port, no front

752 had three front ports, no rear
752F had three front ports and one rear

753 had three front ports, no rear
753F.....

treesey

...gosh - that I did not expect. The original 752's front is angled back, like the modern PMCs.

Approx. 21cm depth at the top, 25cm at the base. Vertical rear back of course.

So the 'Freedom' tweeter led to a cabinet redesign, or was it just a manufacturing simplification? (The 753 is 'straight' for both versions.)

Sorry but I find this sort of thing fascinating.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I have no idea why they didn't adapt the sloping baffle. I would assume the tooling was already there from the originals to do so.

Sounding good ...
20221031-112700-02.jpg

Must clean the cables up.

Here is a photo of my Stirling BBC LS3/6 Reference Special Editions now sold. Very good speakers in some ways but I didn't feel as connected to the music. These are £5000 speakers.

20220325-112743-01.jpg

treesey

Perhaps it's as simple as moving the main driver to the top meant they needed more cabinet depth at the top. Using the exact same cabinet for 752F and 753F would have helped with manufacturing/assembly-line costs etc as well.

I prefer the Leaning Towers of Treesey. Actually in black, the 752 is more 'Stonehenge' than 'Romanesque'. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: RoA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts