The active speakers club

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Hi Pedro2

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how much cleaner sounding ATC active monitors are in comparison to their passive monitors. Having said and fwiw, i feel the Linn's presentation will be more suited to the somewhat fuller sound of the SCM19A's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Pedro2 said:
ATC SCM19a.

Hi Pedro2

Just to let you know that on April 1st ATC products will have a price increase of up to 8%.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Ouch! But its not only ATC but other HiFi brands have increased their prices recently in 2017. Is this a yearly thing like the 'budget' or is it something to do with Brexit?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Denon-DN308

I saw this earlier, found it interesting as it doesn't have the industrial look, grills fitted and quite a large well speeced inexpensive monitor. Can't find much on interwebz about it though

http://www.gear4music.ie/Recording-and-Computers/Denon-DN-308-S-8-Active-Reference-Monitor-Single/1F9T

Replicant666

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought a set of LS50Ws from David at thelittleaudiocompany a couple of weeks ago. Great guy to deal with and a wealth of knowledge with no hard sell, in fact a waited a couple of weeks extra just so I could buy from him rather than online. The LS50W are a major upgrade to the passive LS50s they replaced, originally I was looking at upgrading my amp but replacing the lot was not only cost effective but way more bang for my buck so to speak and my other half was happy with the declutter for once!

ps Sorry I was trying to reply to post #994

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Replicant666 said:
Hi, I bought a set of LS50Ws from David at thelittleaudiocompany a couple of weeks ago. Great guy to deal with and a wealth of knowledge with no hard sell, in fact a waited a couple of weeks extra just so I could buy from him rather than online. The LS50W are a major upgrade to the passive LS50s they replaced, originally I was looking at upgrading my amp but replacing the lot was not only cost effective but way more bang for my buck so to speak and my other half was happy with the declutter for once!

Enjoy.i think these are on a lot of wishlists

Replicant666 said:

Great choice! I heard them at the Bristol Show last month and they were amazing. I liked their passive originals and hadn't believed the actives could be so much better, but they were stunning.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
davidf said:
I'm just awaiting a reply from James regarding the AE1 actives. Despite these and the KEFs both being actives, I see them competing for the attentions of two different types of customer.

Hi david, once they both in please let me know.

I was thinking just now
An oppo sonica plus new AE actives for only around £1799

I bet that could easily perform to same standard(if not better) as my old hegel with passive ae standmounts for about 3rd of the cost.

Its a no brainer

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Hi david, once they both in please let me know.

I was thinking just now An oppo sonica plus new AE actives for only around £1799

I bet that could easily perform to same standard(if not better) as my old hegel with passive ae standmounts for about 3rd of the cost.

Its a no brainer
Indeed, and even with a Bluesound Node II, which is a great performer based on the systems I've had playing here, you're talking £1499 - that has to outperform most entry level separates, hence my choice not to keep any, other than one CD and amp pairing I'll keep as an alternative to the usual award winners.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Wonder how these sound in a home environment? Im keen to compare to what ive already listened. I have my favourite but i really want to hear these compression drivers and also how they sound. Ive made some enquiries and hope to audition.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Wonder how these sound in a home environment? Im keen to compare to what ive already listened. I have my favourite but i really want to hear these compression drivers and also how they sound. Ive made some enquiries and hope to audition.

I think I looked at them just after getting the DM10's.as I recall well out of my price range. Rear display though would be ****** all use to me though.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
Andrewjvt said:

I think I looked at them just after getting the DM10's.as I recall well out of my price range. Rear display though would be ****** all use to me though.

Its set it and leave.
Has dsp built in for room correction also.
Will keep you updated and possibly even a direct comparison to dm10s

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Any ideas which movie is this?
The idea
You gave me last week regarding the lsr305's has planted a little seed thats grown. They are so cheap and even if its just for temporary sound/solution.
Which do you think? The 5 or 8 inch actives?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
Any ideas which movie is this?
The idea You gave me last week regarding the lsr305's has planted a little seed thats grown. They are so cheap and even if its just for temporary sound/solution. Which do you think? The 5 or 8 inch actives?

Same as I did, the 305s. Have a taste, then decide what comes next. If you don't like them, the 308 wont impress you either.

Recycled toilet seats, 70's furniture particle board and old CRT TV drivers that will put a smile on your face. If not, they are not worth the hassle going up in the range.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered a set of these jbl lsr 305 to tide me over with sound for now and some quality stands.

I'll be able to demo the 7 series reference 708p near middle april at gear4music.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Just ordered a set of these jbl lsr 305 to tide me over with sound for now and some quality stands.

I'll be able to demo the 7 series reference 708p near middle april at gear4music.

Brilliant! *clapping*
You'll need balanced cables to hook them up to the Benchmark. For unbalanced they have TRS plug.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:

Brilliant! *clapping* You'll need balanced cables to hook them up to the Benchmark. For unbalanced they have TRS plug.

I'll get some as soon as all the stuff arrives so i can measure correctly. Got no delivery date on the benchmark yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts