Sony BDP S760 - ideal settings

stevegwoods

Jan 14, 2008
Visit site
A question for the test team really? Just got my s760 and have it up and running nicely but you always wonder what good tweaks am I missing such as using the noise reduction options. Its going through an Onkyo 506 to a Pana px60 using hdmi and I currently have output video set on auto. I was wondering what best settings you arrived when you tested this unit. Are they posted anywhere?

thanks

Steve

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
stevegwoods:
A question for the test team really? Just got my s760 and have it up and running nicely but you always wonder what good tweaks am I missing such as using the noise reduction options. Its going through an Onkyo 506 to a Pana px60 using hdmi and I currently have output video set on auto. I was wondering what best settings you arrived when you tested this unit. Are they posted anywhere?

thanks

Steve

I would try output settings of 1080p - let the Sony do all the upscaling.

stevegwoods

Jan 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Gerard!

I'll experiment but my expectation is that with bluray films I am likely to get judder as my panasonic tv is only HD ready and doesn't support 24 fps?

Have you got any direct experience with the BDP s760?

Steve

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
stevegwoods:
Thanks Gerard!

I'll experiment but my expectation is that with bluray films I am likely to get judder as my panasonic tv is only HD ready and doesn't support 24 fps?

Have you got any direct experience with the BDP s760?

Steve

I would imagine the settings are similar to my BD player (S550), you get the option of 1080p and 1080p 24fps. My screen doesn't do the latter so I have mine set to 1080p.

If your screen doesn't do 1080p then set it to 720p.

scene

As you can see, I have a BDP-S760 and setting it to "auto" means I get 1080P-24 output from Blu-Rays and 1080P upscaled pictures from DVDs. My BDP is directly connected to my Pioneer via HDMI as my Arcam doesn't do HDMI. The pictures output are superb in both cases. I have tried putting out 576P for DVD and getting my Pioneer to upscale them and there was a little more realism in texture. When I played a DVD back through my Arcam DV79 at 576P and had the Pioneer do the upscaling, this definitely gave the best texture to the picture.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I also change the output resolution for blu-ray and DVD, because I too have a Pioneer and it's a superb upscaler. However, I would expect the Sony to be better at upscaling than most TVs. As usual, there isn't a hard and fast rule and it's worth experimenting. I wouldn't be at all surprised if 1080p produces the best picture on an HD ready set.

A

Anonymous

My tv is only HD-ready, and I have the settings at 1080p/24 with no judder

I should mention that the pioneer can handle 24fps...not sure about your panasonic

TRENDING THREADS