Sony BDP-S760 speaker levels

scene

I've got my BDP-S760 connected to my Arcam AVR250 using multi-channel analogue cables, as my Arcam has no HDMI. So I have to set the speaker sizes, distances and levels on the Sony, as it feeds them directly to my amp as analogue, overriding its speaker settings. Ignoring the annoying foibles of the Sony, like where you can't set the front LR to Small and the centre to Large (it will only allow it to be Small or None) and the fact that there is only one distance setting for pairs of speakers (LR, Surrounds), the really annoying thing is setting the levels...
Firstly the test tone is stupidly quiet, secondly the level adjustment allowed is only down from 0dB, i.e. quieter.
Anybody had any joy in setting the levels on the BDP-S760? I'm struggling, as I'm finding it almost impossible to get the rears balanced for BluRays...
(Things are fine for DVDs, as I use my Arcam DV79 and the speaker setup on the AVR250 is easy, with flexible settings and a nice, clear test tone.)

scene

roger06:
Does the main volume control not allow you to increase the test tone volume? It does on my Yammy...

Sorry I was doing this late at night, so not at my best...

By the main volume control, you mean the one on the Amp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts