Sony BDP S790 problems setting up..lost Pro logic effects on SCLX85

foggylad69

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Have just upgraded from SONY BDP S760 to the BDP S790.....what a great machine , Then when I started going through my favourite surround effects on my PIONEER SCLX85 I realised I could only get standard THX options...

Although the machine displays Neo or Dollby pro ..on disc start up these are unobtainable

I have set up the 790 initially with 3d OFF and a single HDMI into the SCLX85......Audio settings are

Audi/ HDMI Auto

BD audio off

dolby digital/DTS Bitstream

DTS ?neo6 off.....this outputs the sound with its original number of channels via the HDMI out jack

Audio DRC Auto

Downmix Surround

Have now tried the Video out direct to my projector from HDMI 1 and Audio via HdmI2 directly into the Av reciver...still the same.

Have even plugged my old player in to check all is right with the amp..and all effects are there !

What have I got wrong ??????? H E L P

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi foggylad69 & welcome to the forum

My settings are as follows & works for me with my 790

Audio/ HDMI Auto

DSD Output Mode Off

BD audio Off

dolby digital/DTS Bitstream

DTS neo6 Off

Audio DRC Off

Downmix Stereo

Regards ....

foggylad69

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
cheers F1only.

Had another play and reverted back to the single HDMI cable.

What I cant understand ( and this could pinpoint the problem ) when I load the BD and trailer starts up, my AV recivers in pro logic.

When the trailers start , Good day to die hard ..sound is Pro logic next trailer is Taken 2 which reverts to basic THX options

Skyfall also back to basic THX. Am I expecting something thats not there ? Im confused . Com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts