jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
robbie1982 said:
Why do some people call other peoples systems crappy surely aslong a you think it sounds good thats all that matters?

(the OP is the original poster - in this case you)

If someone posts a question on an open forum asking for other people's views on their system, then by definition you are going to get people comparing to other systems, and advising that there are (usually) better sounding systems available. Otherwise why ask the question?

I suppose a lot depends on how people answer the question and the words they use.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
robbie1982 said:
I have read some pretty nasty things on here with regards to peoples stuff

wouldn't worry about it, it's just the internet. People do it for many reasons; trolling, to make themselves feel superior/better, because they think they are right, to bully and also to try and validate their own purchases.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
If someone posts a question on an open forum asking for other people's views on their system, then by definition you are going to get people comparing to other systems, and advising that there are (usually) better sounding systems available. Otherwise why ask the question?

Although seeing as the OP is asking for views on a specific system, you'd expect the replies to be from individuals who have heard that particular system, otherwise, they are of no use.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
jonathanRD said:

Although seeing as the OP is asking for views on a specific system, you'd expect the replies to be from individuals who have heard that particular system, otherwise, they are of no use.

It's even funnier when it comes from someone who actually owns two items from the company that he's disparaging...

Audiofilo

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
robbie1982 said:

wouldn't worry about it, it's just the internet. People do it for many reasons; trolling, to make themselves feel superior/better, because they think they are right, to bully and also to try and validate their own purchases.

+1. Well said. They''e also probably constantly unhappy with their own overpriced system they keep tweaking and are therefore jealous that you are content with yours. I've noticed some nasty comments on here too. Anyone who disagrees with them gets argued against and they all gang up.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
robbie1982 said:

There may well be some 'nasty things' on here from time to time (although even that is relative you just have to read some YouTube comments to see that), but it's rare in the extreme in my experience to see someone's kit slated on the basis of its cost. I've seen it a few times in many years, and I think every time the slater has been attacked for their views.

Simon's comment on your other thread was ill-judged and irrelevant.

TRENDING THREADS