What systems do the people who make your hi-fi use at home? Time to find out

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i think there is old saying about this matter ,in english i don´t know what is the saying but in Portugal people say something like ,in a blacksmith's house, wooden skewer.

it makes sense, i know a bass player that at home ,having a lot of money, at home to hear music he as a 30 years sony compact system with all components needed at the time, the amplifier part as a 5 frequencies equalizer he put all high´s to the minimum and all lows to the maximum and says ,"perfect",

a band that got some success in early 90´s when recording their first album in CD ,all knocked at my door ,they were 4 saying "can you let us listen to our cd? " none of them had a cd player, most of the songs allthough they were in their early 20´s i knew them all since i was 23 ,it took 8 years so they recorded the first album, lot´s of songs to choose from, but some i thought it were the best were all lefted out

so i know this man equipment but i found it very bad ,maybe he was born or was a child in the 90´s so he ain´t got sensivety to know what is good sound in all genres of music recording, as an example the epic motown records released in the 80´s was horrible, i remenber buying a Isaac Hayes LP ,i thought to my self "they destroyd this man career"high´s were so high that to hear it i had to put the treble in -1/2 from defeat to make it sound aceptable, that had never happened to me

but if one wants to built something it´s going to be and any one knows because there are tables of sound listening and the main adjustments are there but not saying that one copies all from standart quality but it comes close to sell more,

i myself with a dutch friend in the 70´s when bricolage was fashion we built a set of speakers and they were above standart quality,

all the work in curving wood and the shape of the speaker´s box itself it´s a dirty work after is a matter of buying the right woofer , mids and highs , menbrane tweeter or horn tweter, but the box i remenber being the main factor to a well built set of speakers, or the shape inside to drive the sound by reflex,

sorry if confuse but my technical englsh isn´t good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts