Which AVRs support Tidal Atmos?

Pouakai

Apr 20, 2024
Visit site
Hi there, Am looking to upgrade my reciever and want to get something that will play Tidal Atmos tracks.

I'm aware many new recievers support Dolby Atmos from Blu Ray sources, but am not sure how it works with streaming Atmos from Tidal, as most only go so far as connecting via bluetooth rather than full wifi. Even my current Blu Node streamer only supports rwo channels and not atmos.

Keen to hear from anyone that has had experience streaming Tidal Atmos tracks to their reciever.

Thanks!

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, Am looking to upgrade my reciever and want to get something that will play Tidal Atmos tracks.

I'm aware many new recievers support Dolby Atmos from Blu Ray sources, but am not sure how it works with streaming Atmos from Tidal, as most only go so far as connecting via bluetooth rather than full wifi. Even my current Blu Node streamer only supports rwo channels and not atmos.

Keen to hear from anyone that has had experience streaming Tidal Atmos tracks to their reciever.

Thanks!
Hi,

I have a old amazon 4k fire stick and using the tidal app on the firestick I can stream Dolby Atmos, although I can't say I'm impressed with most of it.

record_spot

Unless you've got speakers at ceiling height, or in-ceiling, which is what Dolby Atmos specifically caters for other audio formats don't, then the results are going to be moot IMO. Two channel, or 5.1 / 7.1 configs without ceiling speakers won't get the full Atmos benefit unless the speakers have height modes or capability to let an Atmos AVR designate a channel to the speaker.

Off the back of that, we wonder why new formats fail, or get a load of online hate. People with these budget Atmos soundbars and cheap packages (and even TVs!) from online boxshifting merchants will thin, "ooh, Atmos music, great! I've got Atmos." And when they're completely underwhelmed with the whole experience and jump online to share their disappointment, putting others off even trying it (because, you know, anything anyone says on the internet is true).

I have an idea for an educational open day...

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Off the back of that, we wonder why new formats fail, or get a load of online hate. People with these budget Atmos soundbars and cheap packages (and even TVs!) from online boxshifting merchants will thin, "ooh, Atmos music, great! I've got Atmos." And when they're completely underwhelmed with the whole experience and jump online to share their disappointment, putting others off even trying it (because, you know, anything anyone says on the internet is true).

I have an idea for an educational open day...
I did say most of it and I was only referring to music on Tidal DSOTM on Bluray is fantastic and a lot of the new music I tried on the fire stick is very good, if not my style really. Its when I go back to older stuff I'm left wanting. My set up is 5.1.4.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts