Review Thoughts on the Fosi audio V3

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I had the volume where it is in the picture - that’s a good point, moving the volume much below that & it cuts out. Definitely not great for quiet listening via a direct line in without independent volume control,
Thank you. That’s interesting, as I’d assumed it might need to be well advanced. I’ll probably try mine later, as curiosity is getting the better of me!

Reactions: Revolutions
Sometime this year. I've never been someone who rushes things and this trait has just got worse now I've retired :)
Three line whip, Doug, get on with it!

I was surprised not to find these differences that others report. My initial reaction was it sounded a fraction dull or smoothed over, but that was literally a couple of hours from new.

I re-read the bench test on ASR, and 8 ohm speakers elicit a HF rise, whereas 4ohm (like my Sonus fabers) keep it ruler flat. Now I can scarcely hear above 11kHz these days anyway, but you guys might be hearing that. Just a possibility.

After attending the Bristol Show yesterday, I listened to my system for about three hours, so I have some reference points and know it isn’t ’out of whack’! (And I attended a piano recital in London on Friday night too).

Last edited:

manicm

I'm sure the Fosi is a good amp. But I see it like the Raspberry Pi, it's a good learning experience, and for those who want to tinker.

By the time you upgrade the power supply and op amps then you're into several hundred quid?

Reactions: DougK1

Gadusmorhua

Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
I have a WiiM Pro Plus hooked up to a Mojo and a CA A1 amp from the nineties, sounds so good that visitors comment, unsolicited. Total cost £350 without speakers.
Hopefully when I upgrade from my Mordaunt M20 speakers I can enjoy an improvement, but I find them hard to fault without something to compare to.

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I have a WiiM Pro Plus hooked up to a Mojo and a CA A1 amp from the nineties, sounds so good that visitors comment, unsolicited. Total cost £350 without speakers.
Hopefully when I upgrade from my Mordaunt M20 speakers I can enjoy an improvement, but I find them hard to fault without something to compare to.
Bravo! But this has exactly what to do with the Fosi amp?:unsure:

Reactions: manicm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts