Read our review of the Panasonic TX32LZD80 - online exclusive!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Click here to read our exclusive test on the new Panasonic TX32LZD80 - one of the new 32in Panasonic Viera LCDs.

This is the second new-season-set review we've brought you this month (here's the first of the new Samsung sets, if you missed it), and they're shaping up very well so far.

A

Anonymous

I'm itching to know how it compares to the 32LXD700. Is the picture quiality a huge improvement and does the trueHD resolution make a difference when sat a couple of meters away from the screen?

Not that I'm thinking of upgrading just 5 months after buying the 700 of course.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Excellent review that, thanx to WHFSV for bringing that online exclusive of panny. Last week, I had a demo of 32LXD700, was blown away by the picture quality, was standing so close, still amazing clarity. Hope full HD 32" comes soon to shops in my part of the world, cant wait for a demo.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the review Clare.

Not sure whether I made the correct choice staying with the 32LXD700 now? Still it's a great TV so happy to stay with it for a long while. Unless of course I win on the lottery!lol

A

Anonymous

Hi Claire (or other in-the-know reader),

You mentioned in the review that it does support 24fps, however it pulls it down using the 3:2 method. Is this standard on all the new 2008 TVs? (especially the LCD's), or is it just in this 32" model. The 37" version of the LCD (and it's plasma sibling) are both a set that interest me, and so is having proper native 24fps. Or is it really not worth it on a 32/37" TV? (24fps i mean).

Cheers!

Ben

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Ben

As Clare has already mentioned, there was a typo error in the original story (now corrected). The new Panasonic in fact uses 4:4 pulldown and there's a whole debate on the subject in the answers to the original story (22 answers so far and counting!).

As to whether the 37in versions use 4:4 pulldown or not I don't know, I'll have to check with Panasonic on that as we haven't tested those particular models yet.

And as to whether 24fps is really worth having, I have to say I think everyone's getting far too hung up on this subject. If the set works well with HD video running at 24fps (however it handles the signal), then frankly what's the problem? If the picture is sharp and smooth, that's what matters.

The same applies to Full HD (1080p) on 32in screens. Can you see the difference? No, not really. At that screen size it's not necessary in my view. However, on larger screens it can make a difference.

A

Anonymous

Whops, I didn't read the post about the 24fps correction!

Cheers guys (and girls)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts