2012 Panasonic TV reviews

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
In the latest issue of Home Cinema Choice they comment upon the size change.

Can you tell me the exact issue and maybe even the page number? I get HCC also and I can't seem to find any comment on the weight reduction of this year's VT50 series compared to last year's VT30 series.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that I'm allowed to give the exact link, but if you search for "26-minute video Panasonic TVs" you can find a video discussing the whole range (LCDs, LEDs and plasmas) of 2012 Panasonic TVs, including the possible demise of the plasma GT series!

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
In the latest issue of Home Cinema Choice they comment upon the size change.

Can you tell me the exact issue and maybe even the page number? I get HCC also and I can't seem to find any comment on the weight reduction of this year's VT50 series compared to last year's VT30 series.

Hi

Yeah sure, it is issue 210, August 2012 page 53 but is was a comment on the weight reduction in general of this years range they make, which is what I thought you were talking about - The Prince of Darkness Returns review. You have probably read the St50 review then too in issue 208 - two great reviews.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
I don't think that I'm allowed to give the exact link, but if you search for "26-minute video Panasonic TVs" you can find a video discussing the whole range (LCDs, LEDs and plasmas) of 2012 Panasonic TVs, including the possible demise of the plasma GT series!

Yeah I saw that it was good. Yeah Panasonic sound like big changes could be coming with their TV business. If they go belly up I will probably buy another one.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Yeah sure, it is issue 210, August 2012 page 53 but is was a comment on the weight reduction in general of this years range they make, which is what I thought you were talking about - The Prince of Darkness Returns review.

Well, I must need new glasses (perhaps I should get 3D ones, ho-ho!) because I can't seem to see any mention in that article about weight loss (of the 2012 TVs compared with the 2011 TVs). About improved energy efficiency, yes. But no matter. It's good enough that the VT50 series (according to Panasonic's own PDF brochures about the various series) is indeed lighter than the VT30 series. A similar comparison can't easily be made for the 65" ST50 series compared to its predecessor because last year the ST30 series didn't go up to 65" (at least not in Britain, though it did in America).

gel said:
You have probably read the St50 review then too in issue 208 - two great reviews.

Indeed so, gel, as is the one of the Panasonic TX-P65ST50 on page 62 of the September 2012 What Hi-Fi issue!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
We can certainly ask for a Pana ST50, but no guarantee we'll get one...

Well, at 1pm my subscription copy of the September 2012 issue of What Hi-Fi was lying on my mat! I'm so pleased that What Hi-Fi joins the other expert reviewers in liking muchly the Panasonic ST50 series plasma TV, in this particular case the 65" size. That will be my Christmas present to me. I'm hoping that in Manchester this coming weekend, when I actually see one, I will be able to see it side by side with the VT50 series.

Just one query about the highly favourable, and five-star, What Hi-Fi review - the review says that the TX-P65ST50 does not accept an RGB Scart. I understand that it does accept a Scart, but via an adaptor, which is supplied with the set.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Yeah sure, it is issue 210, August 2012 page 53 but is was a comment on the weight reduction in general of this years range they make, which is what I thought you were talking about - The Prince of Darkness Returns review.

Well, I must need new glasses (perhaps I should get 3D ones, ho-ho!) because I can't seem to see any mention in that article about weight loss (of the 2012 TVs compared with the 2011 TVs). About improved energy efficiency, yes. But no matter. It's good enough that the VT50 series (according to Panasonic's own PDF brochures about the various series) is indeed lighter than the VT30 series. A similar comparison can't easily be made for the 65" ST50 series compared to its predecessor because last year the ST30 series didn't go up to 65" (at least not in Britain, though it did in America).

gel said:
You have probably read the St50 review then too in issue 208 - two great reviews.

Indeed so, gel, as is the one of the Panasonic TX-P65ST50 on page 62 of the September 2012 What Hi-Fi issue!

Hi

Skinny instead of bulky p53 first couple of paragraphs.
smiley-laughing.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Skinny instead of bulky p53 first couple of paragraphs.
smiley-laughing.gif

Ah, so. Skinny, for a TV, doesn't necessarily mean lightweight, but enough already! You win, boo-hoo!
smiley-embarassed.gif

We got there.
smiley-laughing.gif

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Are you going to buy a Panasonic then?

Son_of_SJ said:
Well, at 1pm my subscription copy of the September 2012 issue of What Hi-Fi was lying on my mat! I'm so pleased that What Hi-Fi joins the other expert reviewers in liking muchly the Panasonic ST50 series plasma TV, in this particular case the 65" size. That will be my Christmas present to me.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Are you going to buy a Panasonic then?

Son_of_SJ said:
Well, at 1pm my subscription copy of the September 2012 issue of What Hi-Fi was lying on my mat! I'm so pleased that What Hi-Fi joins the other expert reviewers in liking muchly the Panasonic ST50 series plasma TV, in this particular case the 65" size. That will be my Christmas present to me.

Ah nice one! What are you going to wait till Christmas or buy it now? Stock seems to be quite low still for current range.

TRENDING THREADS