Poundshops £1 HDMI cable reigns supreme

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
As usual Son-of-SJ a genuine voice of experience. My only reaction is to suggest many (if not most) would agree were they in your seat. Personally I dont swap cables cuz my spagetti is a nightmare. I have bought decent but not extravegant cables expecting good build quality and good plugs for longevity rather than sq/pq. Particularly interesting that your cables are quite long so your experience is valued. :cheers:

Good night all

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
While we are on the subject of quality vs price.

I purchased two Chord active silvers and both have already failed (within a year of use) my £5 HDMI cables of 6 years are still going well.

Just an interesting point :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
duaplex said:
While we are on the subject of quality vs price.

I purchased two Chord active silvers and both have already failed (within a year of use) my £5 HDMI cables of 6 years are still going well.

Just an interesting point :)

The two 1m QED Performance HDMI cables I bought in Tesco for £3.55 each (a couple of years ago) are still fine.

I bought them because they were short (very important) and because they were cheap and they were a nice colour. (Even cheaper than the 1.5m Tesco £5 leads at the time.)

DylanFan

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
If you are willing to pay double & really lash out (£2) there are some amazing looking cables on Ebay with thick braiding & a lifetime warranty, for £3 fully gold plated & even more expensive looking. & then at a fiver (delivered) with HD-3D, although my telly isn't 3D the conversion to 3D for a fiver looks a bargain. :)

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Blimey! A few typos and shot down in flames. Arrrrrrg. BBC Watchdog (as said) These tests are rarely 100% but this one convincing enough (I guess) to avoid court action. £5.99 or £85 ?? 6 thought the best was cheapy. 2 the expensive and 3 dont knows. MANUFACURERS comment referred only to quality of materials etc. Nuff said from me. :cheers:

T

theflyingwasp

Will it still be available on the iplayer? Or somewhere else?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Blimey! A few typos and shot down in flames. Arrrrrrg.

I didn't mean to make you grate your teeth, Robin, as I myself have made plenty of typos lately, three yesterday as I recall. I wouldn't have corrected you, but it was when the "correction" was itself not right that I waded in! Stay cool!!

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Iam fead up wiv orl this tiepin. peepul keap takkin th weeeweeee an telin me wot fings i carnt tipe an well im sik ov orl this im gooin too bed. sik ov it yoo ear. sik. I ate theze cabul debatz enyway up.

:)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Well Robin, and this hasn't happened the whole day and evening so far, you've just make me chuckle for 30 seconds!

By the way, I don't mind these cable debates at all. I can go by only what I myself can see and hear. I'm quite prepared for others, especially with significantly younger eyes and ears, to see and hear differently from me.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes but then other members will shoot Flyingwasp into flames if he mis-spells and corrects his grammer.Is that not double standard? we are all entitled to an opinion(and yes there can be some real idiots out there).

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
But that's the point I'm kinda trying to make ,if your system is a budget set up by all means grab cheaper cables .but those who have shelled out possibly...

A quick question Mr Wasp. Why do you put your full stops and commas in the wrong place? Not having a pop, just intrigued.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
sonycentre said:
we are all entitled to an opinion(and yes there can be some real idiots out there).

Just because someone is entitled to an opinion it doesn't mean that opinion is correct or should be respected.

Thats the point of having an opinion is it not? not everyone is going to agree with what people say.

TRENDING THREADS