Poundshops £1 HDMI cable reigns supreme

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Paul.

theflyingwasp said:
£1 cable! God a galaxy milkshake is £1.39 I hope their TV blows up and they all burn!

Galaxy milkshake! I hope your milkshake blows up and you get a little bit inconvenienced. Get yourself a proper milkshake with some ice cream and malt in it. Proper tangible benifits provable by double blind testing :p

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
The people who buy these cables were the same brain dead fools that we're fighting in Asda over the Polaroid tvs at Christmas .cheap people who buy cheap rubbish good luck to them.

Oh dear, what a weirdo.

I haven't watched the program but did purchase a £1 Signalex (well two actually) cable many moons ago. I'm certainly not a brain dead fool and I haven't fought in Asda over Polariod TV's either. I don't generally buy cheap rubbish but have got the common sense to know when not to spend needless money, kind of puts your dribble into perspective I think!

I can't see or hear any difference between the £1 cables or the more expensive ones I own.

For the record: we're is a shortened term for we are. Full stops come at the end of a sentence (no space) and are followed by a capital letter.

Yours

Brain Dead Fool.

T

theflyingwasp

cheeseboy said:
theflyingwasp said:
I wasn't even going to dignify this thread with a comment!

£1 cable! God a galaxy milkshake is £1.39 I hope their TV blows up and they all burn!

theflyingwasp said:
The people who buy these cables were the same brain dead fools that we're fighting in Asda over the Polaroid tvs at Christmas .cheap people who buy cheap rubbish good luck to them.

Think you've got some serious materialistic issues going on there flyingwasp. I know us cheapies couldn't possibly understand all the way down here, but I think I'd speak for most of us in future that we don't want your "dignified" posts if you're going to spew such utter condescending drivel in the future.

Sorry bout the non reply folks .im just home it was a hell of a day at my sweat shop 3 of the kids escaped and 2 of the adults had to water boarded for asking for a break.......

seriously tho.i feel quite strongly on this point .it would be a wonderful world if we could all afford everything we want and money was no object but we have all joined this forum because we have a passion for hifi or home cinema and enjoy talking about it.

everyone has a budget and in no way do I look down on anyone for what equipment they have etc .many people on this forum have some amazing systems and have spent £1000s building it up over many years .

to have such a passion for music and film and spend all that money and then connect it together with a bloody £1 anything just to prove a point just angers me .if my own mother bought a £1 cable I would take off my shoe and hit her with it .this stuff is absolute garbage! And going back to my original comment about the brain dead people .yes brain dead!

just because your on a low income dosent make you an idiot and all of you reading this know fine damn well those Polaroid tvs are complete and utter garbage! I doubt any of them are still working.

and as for "us cheapies" there is big difference in getting quality stuff at cheap prices or waiting a few months until prices drop than buying cheap crap to begin with.

If I have offended anyone than I am very sorry but I would rather wait and buy something that I am satisfied with rather than spend money on rubbish.

I'm planning to spend £8-10000 on my AV system in the coming months. Yes, I can easily afford to pay £100 per hdmi cable, but why should I? Give me one good reason. Just because I have the money? I've myself compared cables. There's no performance benefit. The build quality of £5 ThatCable is brilliant.

T

theflyingwasp

Once you dropped 10grand on your system BB run your £5 cable 15m through a wall ?

T

theflyingwasp

It's more to do with peace of mind than bragging rights that my £100 cable is better than your £5 cable .lets face it these cables are going to last years and years.

£2000 receiver

£4000 tv

£10 cables

dosent look right does it.

theflyingwasp said:
It's more to do with peace of mind than bragging rights that my £100 cable is better than your £5 cable .lets face it these cables are going to last years and years.

£2000 receiver

£4000 tv

£10 cables

So you base peace of mind on price parity and not SQ? This hobby isn't how much you spend, but if the budget is spent wisely.

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:

£2000 receiver

£4000 tv

£10 cables

I just buy the ones WHF recommend:

http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/hdmi-and-video-cables

You know they are good and they don't cost much.

T

theflyingwasp

Yes I agree with you PP but I am not connecting my £4000 tv to my £500 Blu ray player with a £5 cable after spending all that a couple of £50 2m cables is nothing and that's the difference .

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think you're taking this all a bit too seriously Mr Wasp. Besides, many of those in the "higher cost cables make a difference" camp and who buy expensive cables often state that it's their money and, as long as they're happy, it's no one else's business to tell them how to spend their money. I certainly couldn't argue with this.

The same courtesy should really be extended to those who buy budget cables as well I think.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
Yes I agree with you PP but I am not connecting my £4000 tv to my £500 Blu ray player with a £5 cable after spending all that a couple of £50 2m cables is nothing and that's the difference .

There is no difference, that's the point. The fact you can't grasp that suggests that the people in Asda aren't the brain dead ones (Although issuing an apology whilst repeating everything you'd said that required the apology is a touch of genius I think...).

T

theflyingwasp

The_Lhc said:
theflyingwasp said:

There is no difference, that's the point. The fact you can't grasp that suggests that the people in Asda aren't the brain dead ones (Although issuing an apology whilst repeating everything you'd said that required the apology is a touch of genius I think...).

yes I thought so too :)

im not taking this too seriously it's just a discussion .but I will not move on this point .with the equipment people have on these forums I think purposely buying cheap £1 cables to connect it together is just nuts.

T

theflyingwasp

professorhat said:
I think you're taking this all a bit too seriously Mr Wasp. Besides, many of those in the "higher cost cables make a difference" camp and who buy expensive cables often state that it's their money and, as long as they're happy, it's no one else's business to tell them how to spend their money. I certainly couldn't argue with this.

The same courtesy should really be extended to those who buy budget cables as well I think.

But that's the point I'm kinda trying to make ,if your system is a budget set up by all means grab cheaper cables .but those who have shelled out possibly 5-10-20grand+ on equipment I refuse to believe when it comes to cables they cheap out.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
professorhat said:

But that's the point I'm kinda trying to make ,if your system is a budget set up by all means grab cheaper cables .but those who have shelled out possibly 5-10-20grand+ on equipment I refuse to believe when it comes to cables they cheap out.

Well you haven't understood my point then. My point is, say someone spent £100,000 on a home cinema system and decided to connect it to their TV using a £1 HDMI cable - if they're happy with that, then it's none of your business and certainly not your right to tell them you think they're "brain dead fools".

You disagree - that's fine. You say you would do different - that's also fine. But actually trying to dictate what someone should and shouldn't spend with their own money is stepping over the line in my opinion.

jacking

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
I'm sure your £100 cables are well constructed and will outlast £5 ones, but will you replace them with HDMI 2.00 at £100 per pair also?

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
i think im with wasp on this one,you could look it from a different way if some professor said all tv's were built the same and all picture quality were equal,would we all be down tescos buying technica tv's ,all the wasp is saying is that he'd rather buy something that gives him confidence buying quality brand like audioquest that he's getting the best out of his equipment,if he feels that he can see an improvement using these cables who are we to judge ,and again i say if someone said that they could'nt see a difference between a technica and a panasonic/ pionneer would they also be blind.just saying david

T

theflyingwasp

professorhat said:
theflyingwasp said:
professorhat said:

Well you haven't understood my point then. My point is, say someone spent £100,000 on a home cinema system and decided to connect it to their TV using a £1 HDMI cable - if they're happy with that, then it's none of your business and certainly not your right to tell them you think they're "brain dead fools".

You disagree - that's fine. You say you would do different - that's also fine. But actually trying to dictate what someone should and shouldn't spend with their own money is stepping over the line in my opinion.

i wouldn't dictate to anyone who the hell am I .what I've said from the start is I do not understand why people who have spent so much on equipment would then cheap out on cables.

You're right it us none of my buisness what people do with their own money but if you were in the electrical section of Asda and one of these people asked you your opinion on what they were about to buy with your knowledge you would set them straight in a nice way.

T

theflyingwasp

davidvann said:
i think im with wasp on this one,you could look it from a different way if some professor said all tv's were built the same and all picture quality were equal,would we all be down tescos buying technica tv's ,all the wasp is saying is that he'd rather buy something that gives him confidence buying quality brand like audioquest that he's getting the best out of his equipment,if he feels that he can see an improvement using these cables who are we to judge ,and again i say if someone said that they could'nt see a difference between a technica and a panasonic/ pionneer would they also be blind.just saying david

thank you davidvann I need more people on my side here!

T

theflyingwasp

I'm signing off now .if anyone needs me I will be down at my local Asda with my shoes off ready to hit people with them :help:

the next person who puts a hdmi thread up will be hunted down!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts