Placing Cyrus kit in an equipment rack

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I'm looking at the various equipnent racks and am wondering whether I can place a Cyrus prevs2 and 6power, or two 6powers, directly on top of each other without adversely affecting the sound quality. I will also have a Cyrus CD8x, a phono stage and an LP12 TT to place in the equipment stand.

My reason for wanting to do so is to reduce the number of shelves required and hence the height of a piece of furniture which my wife is not too happy about.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi, most pre/power equipments are stackable so I wouldn't worry too much. I would make sure that cd player is sit as level as possible, it shouldn't matter too much but just for a piece of mind.
LP12, however, is the most important one here, spirit level jobie to squeeze every single note out of them.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
cyrus make a custom rack for their kit don't know if that helps but the lp12 must be well isolated and level,i have a wooden floor and it took me an age to set up but the benefits are worth the trouble.if you can the lp12 should have it's own table but then it's not wife friendly too many racks.good luck,grgeory.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Joel

I'm just about to place an order with Hifiracks. Has yours come yet? If so, how long did it take and what did you think of the product?

Mike

TRENDING THREADS