Is vibration over rated in solid state electronics

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
My thoughts on these matters were formed back in the early 80s when I was doing dems back to back for up to 7 days a week. A lot of the product we sold fell very firmly into the PRaT camp and proper setup was essential to avoid the equipment sounding 'jittery' and rather highly strung.

As I said, the equipment was placed on individual tables, speaker stands were spiked into cross head screws driven into the floor all of which contributed to a highly focused, intensely involving sound that was attractive to a lot of buyers.

This attention to detail became part of the whole sales process and is one of the reasons setting the equipment up in peoples homes was so commonplace. Whilst it is easy to find fault with this approach in retrospect, it did get an awful lot of good sounding systems into the homes of people who were not otherwise interested in things hi-fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts