New ATC SCM19..!

krolikgena

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i'm sure they sound fine, but what about looks? a curved brick with drivers. the old series were much more special to my opinion.. i guess with every product generation the design is getting much worse. just to mention the ugly Cyrus Lyric thing.

so frustrating, as i love both ATC and Cyrus..

ATC-19-speaker_no-grill-e1380795649746.png

krolikgena said:
i'm sure they sound fine, but what about looks? a curved brick with drivers. the old series were much more special to my opinion.. i guess with every product generation the design is getting much worse. just to mention the ugly Cyrus Lyric thing.

so frustrating, as i love both ATC and Cyrus..

ATC-19-speaker_no-grill-e1380795649746.png

Hi krolikgena

I think the new curved ATC monitors look better then their predecessors
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
looking forward to reading a review from what hi-fi on these as they never reviewed the previous 19s.

Musicraft how much are retailing at?

A

Anonymous

Hi Musicraft. Roll on Frank Harvey Hifi....
smiley-sealed.gif

[other ATC dealers are available in the UK, but probably not as close as these 2...]

The Mad One said:
looking forward to reading a review from what hi-fi on these as they never reviewed the previous 19s. Musicraft how much are retailing at?

Hi The Mad One

I believe WHF did review SCM19 MK1 monitors.

Anyway curved SCM19 monitors are not available yet and no news on prices however at a guess around £2000 - £2200.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MUSICRAFT said:
The Mad One said:
looking forward to reading a review from what hi-fi on these as they never reviewed the previous 19s. Musicraft how much are retailing at?

Hi The Mad One

I believe WHF did review SCM19 MK1 monitors.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yup, in May 2007 the SCM19s had a group test. Can't remember the outcome or what speakers they pitched them against, but they received 5 stars.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
They were reviewed as part of a group system test at different price points. Partnering kit was Primare CD31 and I30. As pp says. 5 stars. Think one of the other systems was all Rega, can't remember the others. The review used to be on ATC's site, I think, but not available anymore.

Craig M. said:
They were reviewed as part of a group system test at different price points. Partnering kit was Primare CD31 and I30. As pp says. 5 stars. Think one of the other systems was all Rega, can't remember the others. The review used to be on ATC's site, I think, but not available anymore.

Usually those 'One Make' tests are done in January of each year. I've just turned up the April 07 edition and it says "Next Month, speaker shoot out": B&W 805S and ATC.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Craig M. said:

Usually those 'One Make' tests are done in January of each year. I've just turned up the April 07 edition and it says "Next Month, speaker shoot out": B&W 805S and ATC.

So have you got May 07? I expect you to have them all filed in chronological order!

BenLaw said:
plastic penguin said:
Craig M. said:

So have you got May 07? I expect you to have them all filed in chronological order!

They're in the loft - I do, however, keep a few "scatter" editions downstairs, random mags from 2006 (1 or 2 per year), and that generally covers most bases.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Hmmm, Primare and ATC, who'd have thunk it.

One of the few things I remember from the test is it was Primare themselves who asked for/recommended ATC. It was one of those 'one make system' tests, and obviously Primare speakers are a bit thin on the ground. :)

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Craig M. said:

This is obviously one of those times a big stack of old mags in the loft pays off! About a year ago I threw out all my old mags, almost filled the recycle bin.

Craig M. said:
plastic penguin said:
Craig M. said:

This is obviously one of those times a big stack of old mags in the loft pays off! About a year ago I threw out all my old mags, almost filled the recycle bin.

That's why I don't fling'em out, all tucked away in the corner of the attic. Proves hoarding can be useful. :poke:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts